Which ISP are you rocking with and how much do you pay?

Thanks for the input guys.

Comcast is offering me Blast with 50/10 for $30/mo for the first six months (non-contract).

I might have to take that. Not feeling the $7/mo rental fee for the modem/router, but compatible ones are hard to find.

Fios. Something like 40 a month. >D

**** Comcast.. Splitting bandwidth with neighbors and ****.

Last edited:
Time Warner only cause they're the only provider around my area. They are meh

Same here, $49 a month, which I split with a roommate. Wish I can bundle it with Directv, but TWC is the only high speed internet service in my area... :smh:

They aren't bad, and service has been great, no complaints, but it sucks not to have any options. I'm not going with TWC for tv, and Directv works with AT&T.

ATT Uverse bundled with DTV, $60 a month but we have a landline phone through Uverse as well, so $60 is for landline and Interwebz... 
Uverse cable and internet $95
sick.gif

I feel sorry for you guys. They have an amazing product, but their service sucks ***. Our services would literally disconnect 15-30 times a day.

Cost me many losses on 2k. 
mad.gif

I'm with Cox right now.

$65 for the premier internet.

But I hope Google Fiber gets to Las Vegas fast. since we don't have Verizon Fios here (that I know of).

Cox got the game on locked for years to come. They ain't going anywhere.

Anyway, I got the premier bundle (internet/tv/phone)... paying $110/month.

I'm on Cox and pay too much for my cable/internet but I don't have many other options. Hate AT&T and there's no FIOS or fiber options here so I'm kind of stuck. My fiancée and I have been floating the idea of moving back to her home town since all my family lives far away already and she's close with her family. A big bonus for me would be having Fiber laid by the utility company. 100/100 for 200 or 75/75 for 100.

15mb $30/month with cox until september. Then after will cost me $53. Only other option i have is Verizon with 3mb dsl

Thanks for the input guys.
Comcast is offering me Blast with 50/10 for $30/mo for the first six months (non-contract).
I might have to take that. Not feeling the $7/mo rental fee for the modem/router, but compatible ones are hard to find.

Someone's lying to you...the Blast! tier is a 25/5. And when I worked there a $30 promo for 50mbps was unheard of. I'd double check the speeds again because I'm 99% sure you're not getting what you think.

Also, as far as the modem goes...almost any Docsis 3.0 modem will work

Edit: Just read that certain markets got speed jumps...25->50 and 50->105 :nerd:

Last edited:
sick.gif

I feel sorry for you guys. They have an amazing product, but their service sucks ***. Our services would literally disconnect 15-30 times a day.

mad.gif
That's exactly why I just got rid of UVerse TV.. I had tried them out for 4months.. Felt like I was a beta tester for those wireless boxes they're using, great idea, crappy implementation.  They just don't work reliably which is a PITA.. 

I just switched over from verizon dsl 7mb paying $50 a month to now charter getting 30 mb for only $30 a month...huge difference!!!

time warner cable in. 10mb down, $35 a month? on another note. has anyone got called from there isp about downloading?

sick.gif

mad.gif
Dont have that problem actually.
Well, I guess your one of the lucky ones.

During one of the many technician visits we had, one of the technicians said it either works perfectly or it doesn't work at all. No middle ground.

Someone's lying to you...the Blast! tier is a 25/5. And when I worked there a $30 promo for 50mbps was unheard of. I'd double check the speeds again because I'm 99% sure you're not getting what you think.
Also, as far as the modem goes...almost any Docsis 3.0 modem will work
Edit: Just read that certain markets got speed jumps...25->50 and 50->105 :nerd:
Yea, I was shocked when I heard about the jump. But tethering with data throttles isn't the business.

Thanks for the modem help.

I have AT&T U-Verse Turbo Max DSL which is 24MB down & 3MB up.I've had them for over 3 years and the service has been great for me.Time Warner offers up to 50MB down & 5MB up for $80 a month.But their crap always has issues where they have network outages.And to make matters worse they have the WORST customer service.

TV service I just switched to DirecTV and love everything about them from tech wise, DVR, channel selection, sports packages available, and their customer service has been great. When DirecTV lost the Viacom channels for about a week, which I honestly care about 2 of those channels.I called DirecTV and they gave me a free upgrade to NFL Sunday Ticket Max and $30 credit for each of next 3 months.I'm on the highest package which is the premiere package and last month paid $80 next 3 months though will be about $45 with all the new customer promos & discounts I got and the credits I got for the Viacom issue 2 weeks ago.

:pimp: :nthat:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom