Which Jordan do you feel was most advanced for it's time?

XIs hands down...patent leather was crazy
AKA Kelz
Looking For:
Penny 2s Sz 6.5 or 7
AJ CG IIIs 7.5
Any color Spizikes in 7.5

Quote:
What's the point of even having an opinion if your not passionate about it? Trust, I'm very calm. Like I said just sticking up for my Fav's.
TEAMSOVIETTEAM AF-ONE

Quote:
Air Jordan XI <- Zoom Air, Carbon Fiber shank, clear sole, patent leather upper
AT&T U-VERSE - BEST EVER.
YEA THE BABY DANCES, TO THINK...ITS CIRCA OG XII
FOR SALE: BLACK V SZ 13 DS, BLACK CAROLINA 5 SZ 13 VNDS, CAROLINA VI LOW SZ 13 NDS, BLACK BLUE 18 SZ 12 DS. PM ME IF INTERESTED!

XII's were the 1st to use Zoom Air. I'd say they were pretty important for the future of Nike.
TEAMYANKEES

Quote:
Back in the day my friends and I had by far the biggest reaction to the V's. When we saw the black ones we were like "OMG they've invented a time machine and brought back shoes from the future!"

Clear soles, plastic mesh sides and lower tongue, 3M tongue, the molded ankle shape, metallic speckled paint, lace locks.

Till this day, the shoe is still breaking necks. They're just such a different shoe, I haven't seen a shoe that comes close to the design of Vs. They are no ordinary sneaker, these kicks are special.

XI's. Those shoes were such a step up from everything else up to that point.

A dark horse second place I feel could be the 16's. They had the removable parts (First for a Jordan, now seen implemented in the 21's and 22's), magnets (!?), some of the most detailed and icy soles, Plus the most unique toe box of its time (being square toed, modeled after high end dress shoes).

i would have to say the jordan I. it shifted the power to nike and they never looked back. so at that time they took over alot of customers that belonged to adidas,converse etc.
Jordan I... Hands down
SpursFan414 AKA: KIX
help my guy out with his clothing line... all are done by hand...hit him up
www.safaribrand.com
wanted day of the dead dunks size 10.5 or 11 please help me out

II, III, IV,V, VI, VIII and XI. These sneakers were way ahead of its time. When Nike release these joints, there were no other sneakers around that came close to these joints. IMO!
JB use to be the trendsetter now they just follow the TRENDS.
JUST KEEP IT REAL JB.

XII with the Zoom Air tech
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14​
Cassell-Mobley-Maggette-T.Thomas-Kaman-Ross-Knight-Patterson-Powell-Thornton-G.Diaz-P.Davis-A.Williams
OJ MAYO
10.28.07 FIGHT ON!!!

IMG_6828.jpg

NO shoe looked like this in 1990.....

clear soles, 3m that was SUPER bright, da jordan on da bottom...

1zf7ywz.jpg
team platano/BLACKMARKET
check out da myspace
teamdecepticon
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Quote:
If you're gonna reply, please do so in a polite matter this time. Thanks.
AT ALL and I completely disagreed with that statement. It sounded like you was singling out the VII's and treatin' them like they was some Dubz or something.

I honestly thought you blatantly trying to downplay a classic shoe...

Some aspects of the shoe may have followed a popular NIKE trend at the time but there were definitely aspects of the shoe that were innovative. IMO if you peep the retro card you'll see a dramatic style change in the VII that began "molding" styles for the other models. It felt like the shoe brought about a transition into another level of design for the Jordan Brand.

Like I said before, Honorable mention goes to both the V and VI, I love all J's with the exception of the XV, XIX and XXI.

Again... The III's were not revolutionary because of the air bubble in them. Also, if you think Mike had a hand in designing the III's, then you are mistaken. Read Driven From Within. Mike would've left Nike for Strasser and (I forget the other guys name) who left Nike because they hated the way Phil Knight was running the company (Swoosh, a book everyone should read). Mike stayed with Nike because the III's were so well designed and Strasser and the Other guy didn't have the funds that Nike did to back Mike. The III's are definitely a favorite of everyone's, but don't give me the same reasons over and over. Elephant print was ahead of it's time, a low cut performance shoe was not. The Air Trainer 1, designed by Tinker had the same cut basically.

Sorry for the long reply, but I believe the III's were perfect for their time, but are a classic none the less.
5 years on Niketalk. I know more than you.

yes XI is very ahead of its time, but heres another one the XII zoom air is still used even today... OG XII came out 97? thats at least a decade so i say the XII was ahead of its time
been in this game for too long, but love keeps me coming back

i'd have to roll with the XVs.

first jordans ever designed for elves.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

I have to go with the Vs. What other shoe in 1990 looked like them?
Looking for DTRT III, Last Shot XIV, Cinder XIV, Cool Grey IV, Chambray, Black Metallic V VII, Bred XIII, Cool Grey IX and Ginger XVI in sz 16.

MOST DEFINATELY JORDAN XII's.....

1. First shoe released under the new "JORDAN BRAND" collection that Nike started in September 1997.

2. First Air Jordan with ZOOM AIR.

3. No Nike Air logo anywhere on the shoe, not even the insole.

The Spizikes

they were supposed to release spizikes a million years into the future so that i would be dead and not have to be blind all over again
TVunit to the maxxx
BIGBEN7

Quote:
Also, if you think Mike had a hand in designing the III's, then you are mistaken.

Gonna have to call you out on that one. If you've ever watched the "Just For Kicks" documentary, Tinker himself discusses how he and MJ collaborated on the design of the III.

There's the II, and then there's everything else. The Air Jordan II changed the entire perception of what a basketball sneaker could be.

It's basically a tie- V and XI, with a slight edge given to the XI.

Trust me- I was around when they both originally dropped.

They were both years ahead of their times and nothing else looked like them at the time.

i think its the 3.
"more money, more checks, i'm addicted to fresh,
six pairs of kicks is my definition of twelve steps."

Back
Top Bottom