Which kicks from retailers have the best traction?

I have the Kobe IVs and they easily had the best traction of any basketball shoe I've worn but they bottomed out way too quickly so I can't play in them anymore. I'm looking for a good replacement that is light, durable, and has excellent traction, preferably ones where I can just go into a retailer and buy them. Any suggestions?

I have the Kobe IVs and they easily had the best traction of any basketball shoe I've worn but they bottomed out way too quickly so I can't play in them anymore. I'm looking for a good replacement that is light, durable, and has excellent traction, preferably ones where I can just go into a retailer and buy them. Any suggestions?

look for anything with herringbone (the traction pattern on the Kobe 4). The Hyperfuse are amazing, and the HD 2010, AJ XII retro, AJ 2010 and 2010 Team, all offer really great traction, too. I have played in all of these recently, which is what my recs are based on.

i hear adidas usually has good traction, but I haven't played in any since the Pro Model S (which were just okay).

look for anything with herringbone (the traction pattern on the Kobe 4). The Hyperfuse are amazing, and the HD 2010, AJ XII retro, AJ 2010 and 2010 Team, all offer really great traction, too. I have played in all of these recently, which is what my recs are based on.

i hear adidas usually has good traction, but I haven't played in any since the Pro Model S (which were just okay).

Just on a side note, the Nike Shox Stunner had by far the best traction I've ever experienced in a bball shoe.  It felt like I was wearing cleats, poking holes into hard wood, and the soles lasted too.  It used a pretty wide hard rubber zigzag pattern on the shoe, the patterns weren't really dense or close together. 
shox_stunner_elite.jpg

I've worn a lot of different shoes after the stunners, and none of them even come close to this.  Does anyone know if nike still uses this sole design?

Just on a side note, the Nike Shox Stunner had by far the best traction I've ever experienced in a bball shoe.  It felt like I was wearing cleats, poking holes into hard wood, and the soles lasted too.  It used a pretty wide hard rubber zigzag pattern on the shoe, the patterns weren't really dense or close together. 
shox_stunner_elite.jpg

I've worn a lot of different shoes after the stunners, and none of them even come close to this.  Does anyone know if nike still uses this sole design?

If your looking for the Kobe IV sole technology I'd recommend getting a pair of regular hyperdunk lows from FNL for like 50 bucks. They surely get the job done and saves you some dough too.
It doesn't have Kobes name on them but he did help inspire the original design which later moved to his IV shoe. (Correct me if I'm wrong plz)

Got two pairs of these back in August for about $110 shipped from FNL. 1 black pair 1 white pair. Both are still solid after a couple games.

If your looking for the Kobe IV sole technology I'd recommend getting a pair of regular hyperdunk lows from FNL for like 50 bucks. They surely get the job done and saves you some dough too.
It doesn't have Kobes name on them but he did help inspire the original design which later moved to his IV shoe. (Correct me if I'm wrong plz)

Got two pairs of these back in August for about $110 shipped from FNL. 1 black pair 1 white pair. Both are still solid after a couple games.

Only thing I don't like about the hyperdunks is it uses the same lunar foam that the kobe iv does, and it bottoms out way too quickly. 

Also, I ended up getting a hyperfuse to ball in. I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with the traction. I play on a semi-dusty court, and you pretty much have to wipe the dust off them every 2 minutes in order to not glide around. But if the courts clean, these grip nicely. Maybe I'm spoiled with the IV's grip though. 

Only thing I don't like about the hyperdunks is it uses the same lunar foam that the kobe iv does, and it bottoms out way too quickly. 

Also, I ended up getting a hyperfuse to ball in. I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with the traction. I play on a semi-dusty court, and you pretty much have to wipe the dust off them every 2 minutes in order to not glide around. But if the courts clean, these grip nicely. Maybe I'm spoiled with the IV's grip though. 

Back
Top Bottom