Which rappers didn't live up to their hype? Vol. Rap game Thabeet

On what planet is this ever a bad thing? Got me over here scratchin' my head
laugh.gif
What I'm getting at is that he's not going to be a rapper anymore, just a pop artist. It's a great thing for him but bad for fans such as myself who been ridin wit him for a minute

Came in here to say this. He was definitely on his way to superstardom
Lyrically profound enough to cater to hip hop fans and had some main stream success 
But he started getting weird on some f the industry type steeze and not the fugazzi Ye kind either
WHen i hears airplanes and nothing on your were originally his at just had to :smh:
you gotta take of the backpack sometimes Lupe
even so he one of the best lyricist ive ever heard and was supposed to be what kendrick is to us now

Your talking like he's dead or something lupe is STILL putting out good music and delivering crazy bars

Your talking like he's dead or something lupe is STILL putting out good music and delivering crazy bars
I agree he's still doing both and lupes on if my favorites but I fell he gotten a little complacent.

Capo status. I still rock his first 2 albums and some blue brothers with max but his new stuff trash

Personally I'd take Big L and SDE era Cam over Mase.

If anyone else would've posted the comment you did I might have thought they genuinely believed it. Being that it was you, I can't help but feel your trying to make Mase out to be more than he was to make it seem like Jay took out the best that Harlem had to offer. Just my thought.

Yous all must have not heard SF4. That In The Air track...crazy.

2014 will be the Year of The Slime.

Not sure why B Sig was mentioned. Dude has four very high quality albums. You can make the argument that he should been bigger, but as far as being an underachiever or bust, nah, not at all.

Papoose and Canibus should be forgone conclusions to this thread. Both were set to blow big time. Nobody was messing with Canibus, then he compromised his own style, and outside of a great Rip The Jacker album, all his releases since then have been anywhere from good yet forgettable to completely mediocre.

Papoose unfortunately just stayed in development hell, and released an album 8 years past it's expiration date. He's still dope (with some nice stuff lately since Control), but he could never really get out of that pure battle rapping style.

I'd put Saigon on here as well, but strictly due to his label. Dude has two very top notch album with a whole lot of variety, and his label really just left him out to dry.

the milk carton gang aka andre 3k & jay electronica

as well as Pusha-T....dude's solo effort has been lackluster so far

charles hamilton & papoose were the first to come to mind.

lupe isn't the same artist he was back then, but he still puts out some quality music. the music he puts out just isn't as consistent as back then. his discography up until after enemy of the state though :wow: the fahrenheit 1/15 tapes, F&L, the cool, & enemy of the state were all flawless imo. that's one strong run, even with his inconsistency now.

the milk carton gang aka andre 3k & jay electronica

as well as Pusha-T....dude's solo effort has been lackluster so far
F outta here with that 3 Stacks slander. How was he not able to live up to the hype??? You gotta be trolln. Can't be srs!!!!!!!

So Pusha-T has been wack to you solo huh?? How is anything of his any different from clipse days????

My canidate is Yellawolf though. I have no idea what happened to dude. Macklemore'd maybe?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom