Which rappers didn't live up to their hype? Vol. Rap game Thabeet

Canibus without a doubt. That was my favorite MC at the time. Man, during around like 99-01, dude was KILLING everything he was on. At that time, his lyrical game was on some other ****. He just never knew how to pick beats and his stuff would never get radio play. All his freestyles, features, etc though were just on some mind boggling **** to me. "splatter the brain matter of my enemies with the same bullet trajectory that murdred John Kennedy/in the back of his cranial cavity, which is actually what happens to any MFer that try to battle me"....man his word play, flow was VISCIOUS back then.

Dudes just dragging irrelevant things into the conversation. My avi could be ATLiens and I could think Scarface is the best southern rapper ever and it would change nothing about my opinions of Andre 3000

Ehhh, I can sort of see what dude is saying about Pusha T solo wise. I've heard good individual songs from him, but not good entire projects. Hopefully his official debut changes that. Still would rather hear him and Malice together though.

As for 3K, until he releases an official solo rap album, he's Lebron with no ring.

Andre carried most of the Outkast albums imo...so I don't think he's overrated. Not even really taking anything away from Big Boi, who is a good rapper, but it just shows you how nice Andre is when he can outshine Big Boi on almost every track with ease. 

You have to factor in his production too, he's a very good producer. Just listen to his verses on ATLiens and Aquemini, those are some of the best verses in hip hop history. The flow that Wayne and all these rappers use, I hear Andre's influence in all of that. Even Eminem, if you listen to his flow closely, you can pick up on traces of Andre. 

The Stankonia album is when he experimented with mad flows, and he kept it different on most of the tracks. The verse on BOB is classic, look how he delivered it...
mean.gif

Not one rapper spit a verse like that prior to Andre. Changed the game in one verse. Then listen to Eminem on The Eminem Show, and tell me he didn't use Andre's flow from BOB throughout most of the album. 

The Love Below made him a legend. He cemented himself as a top five rapper/artist with that album. 

Was a top MC in his own right from 94 - 03. That's a nice career. You can't say he was overrated with a true 5 mic album. That's not even possible. 

Last edited:

Andre carried most of the Outkast albums imo...so I don't think he's overrated. Not even really taking anything away from Big Boi, who is a good rapper, but it just shows you how nice Andre is when he can outshine Big Boi on almost every track with ease. 

You have to factor in his production too, he's a very good producer. Just listen to his verses on ATLiens and Aquemini, those are some of the best verses in hip hop history. The flow that Wayne and all these rappers use, I hear Andre's influence in all of that. Even Eminem, if you listen to his flow closely, you can pick up on traces of Andre. 

The Stankonia album is when he experimented with mad flows, and he kept it different on most of the tracks. The verse on BOB is classic, look how he delivered it...
mean.gif

Not one rapper spit a verse like that prior to Andre. Changed the game in one verse. Then listen to Eminem on The Eminem Show, and tell me he didn't use Andre's flow from BOB throughout most of the album. 

The Love Below made him a legend. He cemented himself as a top five rapper/artist with that album. 

Was a top MC in his own right from 94 - 03. That's a nice career. You can't say he was overrated with a true 5 mic album. That's not even possible. 
PEOPLE SOMEHOW JUST FORGET THAT MAN RAPPED THAT VERSE smh

overrated my ***

The Stankonia album is when he experimented with mad flows, and he kept it different on most of the tracks. The verse on BOB is classic, look how he delivered it...:smh:

View media item 585604

From Outkast first album Andre was great but the stuff he did on Aquemini and Stankonia is legendary. The lyrics, the flows... :pimp: :pimp:

Even on a song like "?" that's only 1:30 he ripped that ****.

Only thing I don't agree with is him carrying most of their albums. To me Stankonia is the only album that Andre outshined Big Boi. Big Boi got classic verse's on ATLiens and Aquemini.

3000=Jordan
Boi=Pippen

Hell no. :lol:

Last edited:

The Stankonia album is when he experimented with mad flows, and he kept it different on most of the tracks. The verse on BOB is classic, look how he delivered it...:smh:

PEOPLE SOMEHOW JUST FORGET THAT MAN RAPPED THAT VERSE smh
overrated my ***

u dudes are confusing overrated with not living up to the hype. 3K deserves all the credit he gets. But do you not remember the amount of hype dudes had from that verse on the international players anthem, walk it out remix etc.? What happened since then...nothing. Hence the mention.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom