Who actually listens to Gogo music?

I think it sucks. sounds like a bunch of drums and a few horns thrown in, very simple with no direction. Who does it appeal to? if this didnt originate in dc,I dont think anybody from the area would tolerate it.

Lady Gaga > Gogo music

it had to be said

tired.gif

wow, you must've been jumped in front of your girl at your first go-go, son. You sound kinda salty.....j/k

but if you don't like it please don't come in the forum of the area in which Go-Go originated. Then start a thread and randomly rant actin like youropinion was going to change the way we feel about OUR music. I'm not sorry to say but you wasted your time with this post bud, but hey on a good note,welcome to NT.

smh.gif

go to one, cause CLEARLY you've never been
we love it because of the energy and getting put on. but clearly you aren't from a hood either so... no se

I think gogo appeals to most in dc since it orginated from this area. You are trying to compare two extremes with lady gaga and gogo.. also Some bands makegood remakes of popular songs like falsetto. One of my good friends is in the band new visions and he is musically talented with the bass guitar I dont thinkits considered horns and drums

I didn't grow up in the area but when I first heard Go-Go, I just thought it was a weak attempt at a cover. I still don't understand it fully, but whensomething is originated from an area, people take pride in it. I respect the craft, just can't get into it.

go-go is hardly just music to me, it runs through me. i can't explain it moe, but its an undeniable force in my life. got me thinking about the bus/metrorides to school jammin on my "air" congos like I can play. and my girlfriends uncle is in junkyard so.....

^ cosign, i grew up surrounded by the gogo culture, i lived next door to this up and coming band called point blank WAYYYY back in the day, i say atleast 15years ago, so me n the neighborhood hooligans would always be in there while they practiced, and honestly alot of "bad cover" songs i hear i neverknew that there was actually a real song out for them, lol. i listen to gogo everyday on my ride to work, while im workin (crank is the best station
pimp.gif
)ride home, playin video games, at the gym, haha, everywhere. havent been to a show in about a month tho, last junt i was at was BYB at don q's out here inalexandria

Wasn't that into it when I first heard it, but since the radio stations started playing a little more of it the last few years, it has definitely gotten tome. I always like expanding my horizons, and looking at me, you wouldn't think that I could switch from Johnny Cash to CCB to Aerosmith to Lupe to TheBlack Keys and be the same dude. Having a wide range of musical tastes is always whats up.

I love gogo music with a pocket beat. its just something bout the congos and drums.... you should listen to the Older Bands like Rare Essence, North East, BYBand JYB before you should make a judgement on gogo music... i dont really like any of the new bands too much... UCB is dope along with some of TCB and CCB. ...also it originated in Alexanderia VA if im not mistaken.?

most of the time people who hate it are the ones who never been to a gogo show tho, if you bored one night hit up a gogo with ur boys, i guarentee youllatleast be jammin to a few sets.

i can't lie, being from baltimore & all i used to really despise go-go. but i'm actually able to appreciate it more now. that being said, u willstill NEVER here me actually bumpin it in the car or anything like that. & quite honestly, who the hell wants to hear go-go at the club
sick.gif
for the record,i don't listen to club music either unless it's the old school stuff from the '90s. nowadays, it just sound like techno
sick.gif

but i will admit, that gucci bandana joint be rockin tho.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

i can't lie, being from baltimore & all i used to really despise go-go. but i'm actually able to appreciate it more now. that being said, u will still NEVER here me actually bumpin it in the car or anything like that. & quite honestly, who the hell wants to hear go-go at the club
sick.gif
for the record, i don't listen to club music either unless it's the old school stuff from the '90s. nowadays, it just sound like techno
sick.gif

pimp.gif
WPGC dun played that joint out, but it still goes.

I moved here when I was 13(early 90's) and I could not stand it at first, but it grew on me over time. I can listen to anything 93-99, but that is aboutall I can really put up with.

JYB with Heavy One and Pratt, and the classic 3-31-96, for my old heads FTW.

Originally Posted by novaballer

I love gogo music with a pocket beat. its just something bout the congos and drums.... you should listen to the Older Bands like Rare Essence, North East, BYB and JYB before you should make a judgement on gogo music... i dont really like any of the new bands too much... UCB is dope along with some of TCB and CCB. ... also it originated in Alexanderia VA if im not mistaken.?

say word??..should post that on GGC and see where that goes
nerd.gif

gogo doesnt exist down here...them 'outta towners' only know bout that !*#! round these parts

tell you the truth i hate go-go music with a passion %!$#!@ in my skool they be hyped over go-go music i hate that #$#$

That bama that started the thread must not be from the urea ... plain and simple how dare he say Lady Gaga > Gogo music
smh.gif

And even if you don't like it ... you have to love how the ladies get sexy and come out to the Go-Go!

Here's a classic for you ... Before they played it on FM stations and all we had was WOL

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

i can't lie, being from baltimore & all i used to really despise go-go. but i'm actually able to appreciate it more now. that being said, u will still NEVER here me actually bumpin it in the car or anything like that. & quite honestly, who the hell wants to hear go-go at the club
sick.gif
for the record, i don't listen to club music either unless it's the old school stuff from the '90s. nowadays, it just sound like techno
sick.gif

pimp.gif

The kiddies request it. Think of me everytime you hear it. I personally edited that song myself for us to play.
smile.gif

all my life i played percussion.

john carroll elementary
martin luther king middle (aye nikki, me and tye played in the same band lol)
dematha high

after that I played in two gogo bands rocking the congas and the roto toms. is DEEP in my blood and I love every pocket beat known to man...

Originally Posted by TOWEH

That bama that started the thread must not be from the urea ... plain and simple how dare he say Lady Gaga > Gogo music
smh.gif

And even if you don't like it ... you have to love how the ladies get sexy and come out to the Go-Go!

indifferent.gif

that @+$@ made DC look like a ''box''

%%$$ get sexy everywhere...next

Originally Posted by DCshoechick

sick.gif
sick.gif

pimp.gif

The kiddies request it. Think of me everytime you hear it. I personally edited that song myself for us to play.
smile.gif
Fa sho heat you put it down
pimp.gif

i live in the nova area and i hate gogo, sounds horrible to my ears and the vocals are terrible.....i think its only good live, cuz on the radio it sucks

Originally Posted by DCshoechick

sick.gif
sick.gif

pimp.gif

smile.gif
Fa sho heat you put it down
pimp.gif

Thank you. Editing a 10 minute go-go song to fit radio is no easy task. lol They all talking and taking breaks and shouting out parties and stuff. lol

Back
Top Bottom