Who actually listens to Gogo music?

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I still don't understand it fully, but when something is originated from an area, people take pride in it. I respect the craft, just can't get into it.
That's my stance.

grin.gif

im from nova, been here my whole life, dont know if thats considered the "urea"
eyes.gif

let me just add i that I think gogo has potential, case and point: the game "dopeboys" that beat sounded gogo influenced and it was bananas! why dontthey go for this type of sound? %+! could actually get somewhere past dc if they switched the sound up

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

im from nova, been here my whole life, dont know if thats considered the "urea"
eyes.gif

let me just add i that I think gogo has potential, case and point: the game "dopeboys" that beat sounded gogo influenced and it was bananas! why dont they go for this type of sound? %+! could actually get somewhere past dc if they switched the sound up

alot of people dont wanna have gogo blow up, i for one dont. every urban area has a certain type of music/culture they started. every city has a dance, oursjust happens to be gogo and beat your feet. i remember last 4th of july i went to a club in VA Beach n the DJ started playin gogo cuz mad people had nationalscaps on, half the club went
alien.gif
when bammas started gettin it in haha. idont have anything again bmore club music tho, i actually have a few mixtapes i bump sometimes.

Originally Posted by DCshoechick

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

i can't lie, being from baltimore & all i used to really despise go-go. but i'm actually able to appreciate it more now. that being said, u will still NEVER here me actually bumpin it in the car or anything like that. & quite honestly, who the hell wants to hear go-go at the club
sick.gif
for the record, i don't listen to club music either unless it's the old school stuff from the '90s. nowadays, it just sound like techno
sick.gif

but i will admit, that gucci bandana joint be rockin tho.
pimp.gif
WPGC dun played that joint out, but it still goes.

The kiddies request it. Think of me everytime you hear it. I personally edited that song myself for us to play.
smile.gif
Fa sho heat you put it down
pimp.gif

Thank you. Editing a 10 minute go-go song to fit radio is no easy task. lol They all talking and taking breaks and shouting out parties and stuff. lol
laugh.gif
[reaction]i don't usually do this, but keep the partygoin, MARCO POLO[/reaction]

^^^lol

CuriousGeorge, how old are you? No offense, just wondering. Some things you've said has me to think that you're young compared to the majority of ushere.

laugh.gif
@ the go-go music they try to play out of the area, joints be ancient.. for some reason I still rock out tho
smokin.gif

man how you gonna come in a dc forum and ask a question about something that most ppl in here grew up on....so to answer your question yes I like the gogomusic

^^^lol

CuriousGeorge, how old are you? No offense, just wondering. Some things you've said has me to think that you're young compared to the majority of us here.

Originally Posted by suprastar

man how you gonna come in a dc forum and ask a question about something that most ppl in here grew up on....so to answer your question yes I like the gogo music

because i dont know anyone in my area that can tolerate it lol, except for this one kid that was born in dc and tries to rep it so hard.

Straight up terrible, but these locals love it. I have no idea why- it sucks.

You must be a Howard student huh?? Statements like that from people are why I sometimes wish i ain't go to this damn school

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

You must be a Howard student huh?? Statements like that from people are why I sometimes wish i ain't go to this damn school

the $#%# yall want to be called then?
laugh.gif

i hate it personally, sounds like a whole bunch of n's hitting on pots and pans and trash cans imo

I rocks wit gogo...just gotta be in the mood to listen to it like all other music

When my peps from DC was at A&T I went to my first gogo and UCB and some gogo band that some cats started at A&T was there....and I had a goodtime...chicks was def gettin it in. Also went to see Backyard perform in 07 for Howards homecoming....had a lot of fun.

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

Originally Posted by ccb302

i hate it personally, sounds like a whole bunch of n's hitting on pots and pans and trash cans imo
ccb302
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

grin.gif
just my opinion my nigg i just couldnt ever get into it.

I'm not much of a fan of go-go and the go-go that I do like are the more orgianl tracks covers are kinda annoying. I grew up on hip-hop

I haven't followed it in years so I have no knowledge of current groups but if you can't get down to the Trouble Funk live records from the early80's there's something seriously wrong.

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

Originally Posted by ccb302

ccb302
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

grin.gif

CANT Be The Same CCB Im Thinkin Of
roll.gif

Anyway....Im Not Into This Bounce Beat Foolery Or Most Of These U&C Bands Now But I Love The Bands I Grew Up On
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

smh.gif

go to one, cause CLEARLY you've never been
we love it because of the energy and getting put on. but clearly you aren't from a hood either so... no se
go go is a culture just like hip hop is. hittin icon on a friday night wit ur boys, holding down the picture booth, (when i was younger) showingbammas you could beat ur feet with the best of them, getting ur hood put on theres nothing like it.

im from montgomery county if that matters lol

Originally Posted by reeeem0

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

the $#%# yall want to be called then?
laugh.gif

come on son, you know exactly what he means its the dumb stigma behind the term locals. how you gonna box in everyone from the metro area into onecategory, that #$% is annoying.

indifferent.gif

that @+$@ made DC look like a ''box''

%%$$ get sexy everywhere...next
reeemo what do you mean by made DC look like a "box'??

Playboy ... please don't get it twisted ... broads get with it over bass music, house music, and dance music ... but like I said you and the bama thatstarted tis damn thread must not be from here ....

BAMA's
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom