Who else feels R&B does NOT need Usher?

I've been a big Usher fans since U Make Me Wanna, so I've been following him for a while. Everybody knows hip hop has been sour for a while now, sowhen a big album like Graduation came out, it was definitely a good thing for hip hop... Popular music from a talented artist. Looking at R&B though,It's not at a golden age, but I think there's a lot of talent out there. Fellas like Ne-Yo, Trey Songz, T Pain, J Holiday, Justin Timberlake, and evenChris Brown (I know that might be a stretch for some of you) can keep R&B going for a while, and even some older fellas like R Kelly and Akon still gotplenty of time in them. When I heard last year that Usher was working on a new album, I thought
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Now, it seems like he'll put out a decent project, or atleast I would expect him to judging from his past work, I'll be cool with it, but it wont really be mind blowing to me with the amount of talent outthere.. Anyone else feel the same?

I

I was never on usher like that to begin with, definitely prolly the only person in the million radius of my school that DIDN'T own Confessions.

Right now, I feel like R&B needs some Bilal more than anybody right now; that boy got the GIFT.

*edit* Shout out to 216....my whole fam is from East Cleveland
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

they need Usher and they need that TGT album Tank Ginuwine and Tyrese Album and Anthony Hamiliton and Jill Scott to get their buzz back (You know when their vids were #2 on 16 & Par

R&B is topping hip hop right now but you're crazy to think that Usher is not needed...

RnB needs more substance ... We need more people like John Legend, Jill Scott, Maxwell, D'Angelo, Raphael Saadiq, Anthony Hamilton, Musiq etc ... well mostof that is neo-soul but whatever.

We DONT NEED Usher, im happy he's out the picture right now

and whoever compared Keith Sweat and Terrible PAINful...YIKES, kill yourself asap

I think we do need Usher one of the few R&B artists that could sing and dance And many compare him musically to MJ and lets face it CONFESSIONS=CLASSIC

Its funny same dudes sayin ursher ain't needed same ones gonna be bumpin the new album when it drop :smh

Back
Top Bottom