Who here buys into "hype"?

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by omegagamer2

Personally, I see a lot of people here going INSANE over some shoes, saying they're going to cop multiple pairs, and even if they're bad quality with $200+ pricetags and still going to cop them!

I buy my shoes if I think they look nice, and there are some damn nice J's out there, but it seems the quality and price isn't consistent across the board. Why bother overpaying for a shoe though by that much if they have bad quality?

Another example of hype was some video I saw of people going insane over the 11's at a mall, trampling each other and shoving others out of the way, all for a pair of shoes.
Sounds like one of those "I want to fit in so I repeat what everyone else is saying and make a thread about it topics" 
what, wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I'm simply stating my thoughts from reading some of the topics about these new releases/re-releases.

Personally, I see a lot of people here going INSANE over some shoes, saying they're going to cop multiple pairs, and even if they're bad quality with $200+ pricetags and still going to cop them!

I buy my shoes if I think they look nice, and there are some damn nice J's out there, but it seems the quality and price isn't consistent across the board. Why bother overpaying for a shoe though by that much if they have bad quality?

Another example of hype was some video I saw of people going insane over the 11's at a mall, trampling each other and shoving others out of the way, all for a pair of shoes.
Sounds like one of those "I want to fit in so I repeat what everyone else is saying and make a thread about it topics" 
what, wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I'm simply stating my thoughts from reading some of the topics about these new releases/re-releases.

Not trying to sound like a jerk but...he's right, you're clearly just trying to fit in. Your OP was basically a copy and paste of what most people have been saying for an annoyingly long time. This is the internet, its not that serious, you don't have to fit in.

when did hypebeast become such a derogatory term or insult to call someone? just curious. i remember when i first started collecting shoes hypebeast was my only source for release dates (besides 23isback.com) and this was b4 they had articles about everything(clothing, cars, etc) they only had articles about shoe releases. I even remember when i was in high school selling the hypebeast link to a group of dudes at my school who wanted to know how i found out when shoes released and what not. this was back when nike was still on their first generation of SBs (thats what i mostly collected) .

seems like now anything to do with beast or hype is terrible and you will be shunned for talking about it.

also when did bape become uncool? i've been out of the loop for so long i guess. lol

Originally Posted by jaeguyoon

Originally Posted by clkru

we all buy into hype.  heck, we're participating on a website called "NIKETALK".

qft

Exactly. 
If we wanted the best, most comfortable, most technologically advanced, stylish, high quality athletic footwear ...we would never buy a pair of Air Jordans.

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

Not trying to sound like a jerk but...he's right, you're clearly just trying to fit in. Your OP was basically a copy and paste of what most people have been saying for an annoyingly long time. This is the internet, its not that serious, you don't have to fit in.
whatever floats your boat man. If you're going to say that though, at least post some links to other topics like this. Of the few months I've lurked on these forums I've only seen 1 other topic like this.

Originally Posted by heatking

when did hypebeast become such a derogatory term or insult to call someone? just curious. i remember when i first started collecting shoes hypebeast was my only source for release dates (besides 23isback.com) and this was b4 they had articles about everything(clothing, cars, etc) they only had articles about shoe releases. I even remember when i was in high school selling the hypebeast link to a group of dudes at my school who wanted to know how i found out when shoes released and what not. this was back when nike was still on their first generation of SBs (thats what i mostly collected) .

seems like now anything to do with beast or hype is terrible and you will be shunned for talking about it.

also when did bape become uncool? i've been out of the loop for so long i guess. lol
it began as an "insult." you probably haven't seen the original sketches of a hypebest.

When its MIDNIGHT, they HYPE builds, people start to sweat in places they never sweated before. They do crazy things like blink the right eye like 5 times in one sec. The answer is no i dont bite into the hype because at the end of the day im stuck with the shoe. then i have to be a reseller for a day. then you meet the buyer in person and you better pray hes not ghetto or a vigilante of just so u bring a tazer and case he looks at u side ways for the price u give him then u taz him take his change and everyone goes home happy

I buy what I like... I liked the old royal X's so I went online and boom sold out. Didn't really think everyone wanted them now I see them on eBay over $230... Got them early in the morning on release date. Saw two guy with three bags on each hand.

I buy what I like [not sure how many self-aware hypebeasts OP thought this thread was going to bring in]

My recent pick-ups include:
Graphite XIVs
Concords
Last Shots
Chicago Xs

Recent passes:
BC IIIs
WC IVs
Royal Xs
White-red XIVs

Point is: I enjoy what I have, zero regrets on the passes.

I'm a Sneakerhead. I buy all my J's to wear. And I don't intend to sell any of em. I was offered $600 for Concord. I declined it. My efforts for getting up early for shoes is worth more than the money offered. Waking up early to buy shoes is pretty outrageous. SERIOUSLY.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

I've been a hypebeast for about 2 years, i used to be a regular sneakerhead before that.

Good, admitting it is the first step towards recovery.
laugh.gif
Consume the sneaker, don't let the sneaker consume you my friend.

I can see this thread taking a AA format 
laugh.gif
. il start... Hi my name is Leo and i am a hypebeast 

My favorite shoes are Yeezy's, South Beaches, and Galaxy foams. No, I don't buy into hype.

Originally Posted by AirJaiden

I'm a Sneakerhead. I buy all my J's to wear. And I don't intend to sell any of em. I was offered $600 for Concord. I declined it. My efforts for getting up early for shoes is worth more than the money offered. Waking up early to buy shoes is pretty outrageous. SERIOUSLY.

Seriously?
If I was offered THAT much I probably would of sold it because $600 is a substantial amount of money for 1 pair of kicks, post 05 era.

But, to each his own.

ebozek9:

My favorite shoes are Yeezy's, South Beaches, and Galaxy foams. No, I don't buy into hype.

And all those sneakers are hyped releases bro. Just saying..

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

ebozek9:

Sarcasm my man
ohwell.gif

I buy the shoes that appeal to me the most. I like concords, He Got Game 13's, Black Cement 3s, White/red 13s, FTLOTG 9s. For me, it's to each their own. Honestly I'd rather hypebeasts over the high school kids who buy a pair of Airmax Wright's and call it "Swag."
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ebozek9

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

ebozek9:

Sarcasm my man
ohwell.gif

I buy the shoes that appeal to me the most. I like concords, He Got Game 13's, Black Cement 3s, White/red 13s, FTLOTG 9s. For me, it's to each their own. Honestly I'd rather hypebeasts over the high school kids who buy a pair of Airmax Wright's and call it "Swag."
frown.gif

You ruin it. You should have kept it going. lol

Originally Posted by AirJaiden

no offense, but this is kind of idiotic.

I buy stuff I like... I dont care who else wants or likes it. The recent HYPE in general has been makin' hard to get anything which is WACK!

Originally Posted by gpsandhu4

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

I have no mind or style of my own. I just check a thread about a shoe and if someone makes the comment, "let the hype begin!" then it becomes my grail. This is my method and it works great, I keep guys neck broke at the mall.

laugh.gif
Wow you actually care how guys look at you, and your purpose to attract dudes to look at you? Sad

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by gpsandhu4

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

I have no mind or style of my own. I just check a thread about a shoe and if someone makes the comment, "let the hype begin!" then it becomes my grail. This is my method and it works great, I keep guys neck broke at the mall.
laugh.gif
Wow you actually care how guys look at you, and your purpose to attract dudes to look at you? Sad
Damn, how did I miss that. Hope he wasn't serious. lol

Back
Top Bottom