Who is the all time most famous athlete in the world?

Kinda off topic but i used to work with kids in 2011. I asked an 8 year old if she knew who Jordan was she said no. I asked if she knew who Michael Jackson was and she said 'the singer? Duh.' and mj was dead for 2 years at that point. Gave me the notion that singers are way more popular than athletes.
I mean, music touches more lives than athletics does. Everyone listens to some music, can't say the same about sports .

Because we can. What are you going to do about it DC?

I can't do anything about it.

I won't do anything about it.

Other than Americans, no one really cares or knows about MJ’s accomplishments in basketball.
Dream Team 92.

Go watch the documentary and how that team single handedly created the international basketball craze that has helped produce so much international talent over the last 15 years.

After that is done, apologize to Jordan personally

If the question is about name recognition alone, it will be between Ali, Jordan, Pele, and Maradona IMO. I would even Tyson to the mix. One thing they all have in common is that they went from legends in their respective sports to pop culture figures.

muhammad-ali-time-cover.jpg

Michael Jordan without a doubt is the ultimate sports icon that transcends generations.

The guy is selling more sneakers/merchandise the market than anyone else in sports.

He’s also a billionaire.

Dream Team 92.

Go watch the documentary and how that team single handedly created the international basketball craze that has helped produce so much international talent over the last 15 years.

After that is done, apologize to Jordan personally

This is just wrong. Basketball being an American sport and he still being world famous is why he’s the GOAT

You ask 10 people that’s never been to or lived in America and I bet they can’t name an accomplishment MJ made in basketball. They just know that he’s a famous basketball player.

At most they’ll say he’s won a championship lol but nothing passed that

Back
Top Bottom