Who is the best philly rapper

Damn really did wanna say Will Smith 1st n leave it out there to whether Im serious or joking. He's the DJ and I'm the Rapper is really a classic.

Its Black Thought hands down, there seems to not be enough good amount of Philly rappers with these short lists of rappers named here.

smokin.gif

Black Thought....

If you are talking about under the radar then I would say it's between Vodka and Slaughter Rico. Honorable mention to Monster, Hollowman(PC), Kre, Reed Dollars, Meek Millz, Joey Jihad, Reignman( MTV Battle Champ), Eddie Morris and others

Meek Millz is some %!+#....He's overrated....

Only thing I don't like about the unsigned/battle rappers from Philly is that when they rap....they have WAAAYYY to many co-signers and n's that finishtheir bars for them...That ##*$ gets annoying...

Freeway...
Black Thought...
Ab Liva...
Beans...

On the come-up (pause)

Young Blake
Joey Jihad
Reed Dollaz
Hollow Man (PC)
Elliot Ness

black thought...easy

if anyones heard reed dollaz' stuff now, he straight jacks lil wayne's flow (or lack thereof sometimes)....its rediculous (in a bad way)

Of course cats who are not familiar with the area are gonna say Black Thought. There are so many rappers in Philly its funny.
laugh.gif
I would say the best is Beanie Sigel when it comes to straight talent. Theunderground has to go to Joey Jihad... Its a slept on dude named Journalist outta South Philly who is straight flames...

its beans or blackthought.

definatly not free and cass is sicvk but he aint touchin the two

Wow you guys just proved you all aren't 8th graders. Not alot of "Cassidy's" in here
laugh.gif
. I've heard the hype around Black Thought butnot really him. I'm youtube it and see wassup. Until then I'll say Free or Beanie.

right now its Freeway

no one else has solid material out
Beans last effort sucked

Originally Posted by RockStarGetMoney

Its a slept on dude named Journalist outta South Philly who is straight flames...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I still have tapes from Journ on the Come Up Show with Bis and his solo joint Scribes of Life. Journ was one of my favorites.

Of course cats who are not familiar with the area are gonna say Black Thought. There are so many rappers in Philly its funny.
laugh.gif
I would say the best is Beanie Sigel when it comes to straight talent. The underground has to go to Joey Jihad... Its a slept on dude named Journalist outta South Philly who is straight flames...

I've lived in Philly all of my life...whether you live in center city or are from alaska, the best lyricist in Philly is Black Thought
If you'retalking about RIGHT NOW, then no, obviously not because he hasn't put any new material out...but overall

laugh.gif
I would say the best is Beanie Sigel when it comes to straight talent. The underground has to go to Joey Jihad... Its a slept on dude named Journalist outta South Philly who is straight flames...

But it says Best Philly rapper not any Philly rapper. There's a lot of rappers in BK but I aint gonna name some unknown when its clear who the best is.I'm just sayin the best rappers yall got with fame is not many atleast not now. I wonder when Philly will really get their turn cuz it look like Chi/Det isup next.

smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom