Who is the best philly rapper

Originally Posted by JD161616

Originally Posted by RockStarGetMoney

Of course cats who are not familiar with the area are gonna say Black Thought. There are so many rappers in Philly its funny.
laugh.gif
I would say the best is Beanie Sigel when it comes to straight talent. The underground has to go to Joey Jihad... Its a slept on dude named Journalist outta South Philly who is straight flames...

I've lived in Philly all of my life...whether you live in center city or are from alaska, the best lyricist in Philly is Black Thought
If you're talking about RIGHT NOW, then no, obviously not because he hasn't put any new material out...but overall

But how many cats on the Philly streets really listen to Black Thought or The Roots for that matter? I met dude and even he says it. Most of their fans aremore inclined to the alternative side of the underground, not the hardcore street side. So when I say people are going to automatically say Black Thoughtoutside of Philly, its to point out that ain't the popular vote in the city.

Philly doesn't get much shine because there is the stereotype is that all Philly rappers sound alike and their all a dime a dozen. That's not far fromthe truth, but Philly is a city where people all talk alike, dress alike, and act in the same manner. You gonna get a 100 dudes all with the same flow anddelivery, even though their swagger might be different. The only cats that actually get a little shine are those who have a distinct sound like Cassidy, Beans,or Freeway.

Originally Posted by JD161616

Of course cats who are not familiar with the area are gonna say Black Thought. There are so many rappers in Philly its funny.
laugh.gif
I would say the best is Beanie Sigel when it comes to straight talent. The underground has to go to Joey Jihad... Its a slept on dude named Journalist outta South Philly who is straight flames...

I've lived in Philly all of my life...whether you live in center city or are from alaska, the best lyricist in Philly is Black Thought
If you're talking about RIGHT NOW, then no, obviously not because he hasn't put any new material out...but overall

But how many cats on the Philly streets really listen to Black Thought or The Roots for that matter? I met dude and even he says it. Most of their fans are more inclined to the alternative side of the underground, not the hardcore street side. So when I say people are going to automatically say Black Thought outside of Philly, its to point out that ain't the popular vote in the city.

Philly doesn't get much shine because there is the stereotype is that all Philly rappers sound alike and their all a dime a dozen. That's not far from the truth, but Philly is a city where people all talk alike, dress alike, and act in the same manner. You gonna get a 100 dudes all with the same flow and delivery, even though their swagger might be different. The only cats that actually get a little shine are those who have a distinct sound like Cassidy, Beans, or Freeway.
CASS,BEANS AND FREE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT STYLES

Back
Top Bottom