Whoa! Charles Barkley said Sheed could've been the BEST EVER?!?

eek.gif

grin.gif

Yes. And the funniest part is, my brother and cousin had that EXACT conversation about a month and a half ago. We shared the same sentiments.

All you need to stop, I'm just getting used to him being the top dog on the Pistons.

In his respective position, he COULD have been one of the best PF's...he def has the skill set and can do everything.

Chris Webber > Rasheed Wallace
Derrick Coleman > Rasheed Wallace
Tim Duncan > Rasheed Wallace
Earvin Johnson > Rasheed Wallace

he has the skills to be one of the best PF ever, i think he went to far with best player ever

He is one of the most talented players i have ever seen. He just doesnt have the killer mentality. But when he wants to take the game over he dose so easily

he's right. NO other PF had Sheed's inside outside skills...post game....defensive game (when he wanted to)....it's been said that if you put MJ,Magic or Bird's brain in his body, he coulda been the greatest...

Sheed on the low block into a fadeaway is one of the best sights to see in the game AND his shot is unblockable.

no way this dude could even be the best player in the league right now. who cares if hes got talent he just cant be the best player. thats like saying markmadsen could be an all star, he just doesnt have the "it" factor

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Sheed > all 4 of those players mentioned along with Karl Malone.

That would be if Sheed actually focused on his game. Dude could easily be one of the greatest players.

he def has the talent if he wanted to be imo but he doesnt have the desire.

i remember reading somewhere DEAN SMITH said Rasheed Wallace was the best player he ever coached...and hes coached some great players....
i cant find the quote tho but i know it cuz that surprised me

Yeah, he said that. I think he could be one of the greats, but only one thing comes into factor. His work ethic. He has the skills to be one of the best. Butat the same time, it all is based on his determination. We know he plays hard, but does he have that extra part of motivation to put him over the rest. Thatsthe only factor that is up in the air with Sheed.

thats the gambling man we all know and love

however, even though when ever u see this guy's outside game, u hear people talking about how "he has what it takes to be the best player in theleague" but is that it? the outside game? i love watching sheed but does he really have the tools to be a better inside presence than kg and td? i donteven know if i would want my big man to take advantage of such a smooth outside game, for me big men should always be pounding the post

If Rasheed's head didn't get in the way, he'd be one of the best PFs to lace them up. Nothing crazy about that at all...

he's right. NO other PF had Sheed's inside outside skills...post game....defensive game (when he wanted to)....it's been said that if you put MJ, Magic or Bird's brain in his body, he coulda been the greatest...

DC

DC

He had ungodly talent, He could do everything Sheed did and did it better and he had a better handle then most Small forwards...

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

That would be if Sheed actually focused on his game. Dude could easily be one of the greatest players.

You can't be serious. If he focused on his game? That's like saying if Webber had the killer instinct, or if Magic became three-happy, or ifDerrick Coleman never got injured (same goes for Webb), or if Timmy had an outgoing personality. Every player has flaws, nobody is an exception. But'Sheed as the best? C'mon now.

^Agreed. It would have been fun to watch these two play to their full potential.

Charles Barkley says a lot of things....

Sheed & DC are two of the biggest wastes of talent the NBA has seen from the 4 spot in quite some time....more so, Derrick Coleman.

I have to excuse some of the younger dudes ignorance. Rasheed Wallace had top 10 talent ever.

DETROIT-Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace awoke from the greatest dream Monday morning, in which he was in an NBA game, and he took off his headband and startedusing it as a slingshot, and everyone kept passing him the ball, but the balls were smaller than usual, or maybe his headband was bigger, and he kept slingingthe balls into the hoop from a hundred feet away and he scored a million billion points, Wallace reported Monday. "I remember I was playing against theCeltics-except Paul Pierce, like, became Allen Iverson somehow, and my father was on their team for some reason-and my headband stretched across the wholecourt, and when I shot the balls from it, they all automatically went in, and then the floor started glowing," Wallace explained to reporters. "Also,I figured out this thing called the backwards dunk, where you dunk through the bottom of the rim, and the refs give you a thousand points for figuring out thesecret. Oh, and the court was my house." Wallace said he cannot wait to try using his headband as a slingshot in a real game.
laugh.gif

rasheed isn't the most talented or has the best potential

the man is the most skilled player so no its not like saying mark madsen could be an all star because of the it factor

sheed has skills that very few have and chuck is right had sheed been somewhat normal and like mentioned above the brain of jordan, bird or magic he would bethe goat because of all the skill he has

100 3's 100 blocks

amazing post game

^Slow down there DoubleJs...I don't think Rasheed was necessarily a "waste of talent." DC on the other hand I'll give you. Rasheed has alwaysbeen less selfish and more team oriented. He has the "I'll do whatever my team needs to win" attitude. Now if he had the "I know I'm akiller" attitude, that'd be scary.

Back
Top Bottom