Who's celebrating Fiesta 09 in SA?

What days are supposed to be good?

I think I'm gonna be going down from Dallas on a Wednesday and party til Sunday. Any recommendations on spots to hit up?

Last year I went and I was at Joe's Volcano Friday, and Planeta on Saturday. The market stays packed!

thursday niosa joes is kinda wack now im sure you can hit up anything downtown friday night and it will be good and saturday also then sunday come to ourshow!!!!

For your own safety: don't go to Joe's Volcano this year, or ever again. The fiesta carnival is just as bad, at least at night.

The answer to your question depends on what weekend you are coming:

1st weekend (April 16-19):
Thursday, April 16 - Nothing
Friday, April 17 - A Taste of New Orleans @ Sunken Gardens Brackenridge Park
Saturday, April 18 - St. Mary's University Oyster Bake. And no, you need not to like oysters to enjoy this one.
Sunday, April 19 - Nothing good.

2nd weekend (April 23-26) - *******MY RECOMMENDATION********
Thursday - NIOSA (Night in Old San Antonio) at La Villita Downtown (Best Official Fiesta Event Hands Down)
Friday - Take in the Battle of Flowers parade if you are coming with family. If not, skip this and conserve your energy for that night. I would hit upMarketsquare for a while then go to the spot wherever DJ Casper will be spinning at.
Saturday - King William Fair (Lots of people sleep on this event)
Sunday - San Antonio Sneaks Up 3 - F Fiesta, this is the Best Event on Earth.

I have to agree with UCASTA, but I'd hit up NIOSA all week and probably skip thurs(that's me personally),saturady night is also the Flambue parade atnight, don't hit up anything outside of downtown except oysterbake at St.Marys. Planeta is shutdown

Originally Posted by Big Monster

I have to agree with UCASTA, but I'd hit up NIOSA all week and PROBABLY SKIP THURSDAY(that's me personally),saturady night is also the Flambue parade at night, don't hit up anything outside of downtown except oysterbake at St.Marys. Planeta is shutdown

smh.gif

joe's and planeta
smh.gif
THAT'S NOT FIESTA.

fiesta events http://www.fiesta-sa.org/

weds
niosa

fri
maket square during the day then niosa. hit up the fiesta san fernando in front san fernando cathedral after niosa on friday.

sat
king william fair, flambeau parade and tejano explosion on saturday. parade is always good, "show us your shoes", then get crazy at the tejanoexplosion at cattleman's square. ram herrera and jay perez are playing that night, legends in the tejano industry. you're in san antonio so one nightof tejano is a must!

sun
stay an extra day to recover from fiesta then hit up san antonio sneaks up 3 at club industry. click on the link for details http://sasneaksup.blogspot.com/
"Sunday - San Antonio Sneaks Up 3 - F Fiesta, this is the Best Event on Earth."
pimp.gif

If you like massive crowds, and a high dose of claustrophobia, go to NIOSA on Thursday night. If not go on Tuesday or Wednesday to enjoy the food/atmosphere.

these ppl pretty much summed it up,
ill post where ill be djing at that time, ill prob be at encore downtown, (Commerce and Navarro)
joes is wack and planeta closed down (cuz it was wacker)

Originally Posted by kedabowl

If you like massive crowds, and a high dose of claustrophobia, loads of [CASPER]/ Ratas /[CASPER]with little to no morals, go to NIOSA on Thursday night. If not go on Tuesday or Wednesday to enjoy the food/atmosphere.
fixed.

im def. going....idk yet if i should take ma good sneakers..b/c i dont madd peeps to be stepping on ma *@% you feel me??

dont take good sneakers bc they are going to get stepped on and rats are going to spill beer on them or you

never gone to fiesta...it'll be my first this year 2....is NIOSA where all the food vendors are? or is that everyday

^^^both. you'll find some good food vendors selling the usual fajitas, gorditas, flaquitas, flautas, tripas, aqua frescas at the market square day andnight. you'll find some of this at niosa and a mix of others like brauts and kraut, chicken on a stick (FTW), maria's tortillas (FTW), egg rolls, andon and on. i reccomend doing both events.

i just wanna take one beater and one good decent sneaker for the SA sneakup..i aint tryna take heat.you never know what could happen..hotals gonna be JAMMED upand its gonna be crazy from what i heard.

I'll def be catching all you fools at the Sneaks Up 3.

I went two years ago, and it was straight.

This year for Fiesta I'm going to be more prepared. N I def won't recommend wearing hot kicks to the market. It is PACKED! and they will get scuffed upbad.

N I appreciate the little calendar up there, good lookin out.

No prob dude, any more questions u can hit us up, n we can help u out, if not pm me, see u down here, I hope u have high tolerance, lol.

And like ucasta said, there will be RATAS everywhere, jus make sure they just got 1 kid not 3
sick.gif

Man, hold up I miss the FIESTAS! Always went with the homies....believe me my best single memories are from there!!

Back
Top Bottom