Who's going to go see The Color Purple, starring Fantasia?

She's reprising her role of Celie. I saw her in NYC and she was phenomenal. I have tickets to see her on July 3rd. I can't wait.

Anyone else going?

fantasia-color-purple.jpg

Anyone know how to get to the Kennedy Center from the metro station?

I have no idea and I go see it tomorrow.

Thanks.

Turns out there's a shuttle from Foggybottom.
laugh.gif

I really loved the play and not just Fantasia.

Fantasia was amazing. Definitely much better than the first time I saw her. When I first saw her, she was rounding out her first week on Broadway and sheseemed out of her element. This time around, she was on it. She embodied the essence of Celie in this play. Her growth throughout the play was also much moreevident. She was subdued when she needed to be and front-and-center when needed. You can definitely tell she has learned a lot and has applied everything. Hervoice was also on point, very raspy but still sent chills all up and through my body.

The play was just better overall this time for me. I read the book before going this time so I had a better understanding of some things that weren'tnecessarily in the movie. The entire cast was phenomenal. LaToya London was a great Nettie as well.

If any of you get a chance to see her this time around, go. The tickets are not that bad. I plan on going back again, hopefully the closing night.

Back
Top Bottom