Who's is gonna watch the BET Awards now?

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

nope had my cable company block BET about 4 years ago....
damn
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I watch BET two days a year. 1 for there award show & 2 on New Years wgen they do the top 100 videos there luckly there getting 2 days outta me. BET anyother day=hot garbage.

Maxwell killed it, and jay performance were pretty much it.

The ojays also!!! How they gonna murder Don co like that? Hes not that def.

smh.gif
... they could have had 1 day to put the show together .. show was @#%#%@# trash ...

i don't even know where to begin ... Jamie was aiight ... @%#@% him for plugging in his tour every 2 seconds ... trying to sing every 2 seconds ... likewatching the jamie foxx show again

props to neyo ...

i was there waiting, waiting, waiting ... who gives a @%#@% about Joe Jackson ... BET is a disgrace ....

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

Now I am a huge critic of BET but I must say this was a well put together awards show. Let me bring some objectivity to the discussion since hate seems to be the "in" thing to do. First off bringing back New Edition to open up with a Jackson 5 song was a great introduction. Jamie Foxx was great throughout the whole show. He was the perfect person to host this awards show. No one would have done better than him. From his comedy to his singing to providing fluidity with the show.

BET for the first time in a long time highighted black people having success without having a ball or mic in their hands. I thought the snippet of of Baby Boy was extremely funny and showed that its not where you start its where you finish. Who would have thought that taraji and tyrese who starred in Baby Boy would one day be up for an Academy Award and tyrese be in Transformers. Seeing Guy as well as Keith Sweat was nice as well not to mention BBD. It is called the 2009 BET Awards not the Michael Jackson Tribute Show. BET opened up with a Jackson 5 song, Ciara, Neyo as well as Jamie Foxx all did songs to pay tribute to Michael. I have never heard "Lady in my life" covered better than what Neyo did. What more did you want? Not to mention every award recipient gave thanks to mike as well as his family. BET also let Janet speak on behalf of the family. Even the CEO spoke highly of him and his family.

Tevin Campbell as well as J.Gill, Tyrese and Trey Songs covered classic O'jay songs. Tevin Campbell was that dude back in the early 90's. BET also gave awards to wyclef and alicia keys for their humitarian work while also raising awareness to situations internationally. Maxwell did he thang as usual.
The downside to the show was Beyonce and K. Cole performances. I have no clue what song Beyonce did and don't nobody want to hear another depressing song from K.Cole & Monica. About the upcoming BET shows, why wouldn't BET market them during their biggest broadcast of the year? While Tiny & Toya may not be my cup of tea I didn't see an outrage on this board when MTV began promoting 16 & pregnant. Sounds a little hypocritcal. McDonald's commericals air on every station why is advertising on BET any different. Its not stereotypical. Everybody hear eats fast food black people included. The editing was sketchy toward the end but nothing was said that would not be on FX or Comedy Central. Having children out there while YM peformed "Every Girl" was not the best look either.

Alot of the criticism imo is coming from yall that can't even vote. You don't think NE or Tevin Campbell or Keith Sweat or Maxwell didn't deserve to be on the show, go do some research and get back to me. Imo a lot of people received the award show negatively b/c they were pessimistic to begin with. I hear people on here saying they want to sign a petition to end BET. That should have started when shows like Hell Date and Hot Ghetto Mess was on.

At the end of day, as a black man that considers himself social aware and that repeated rips BET, I must say I was proud of what I seen tonight. Yall represented.

Hands down the best post and only post worth reading in this entire thread

should of gotten chris b or usher to do a real tribute instead of all those slow $*@ songs others were covering. mj was the king of pop, so why not honor himlike one

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

should of gotten chris b or usher to do a real tribute instead of all those slow $$@ songs others were covering. mj was the king of pop, so why not honor him like one

#1. Jay said he wouldnt go to the show if Chris Brown was there.
#2. CB woulda been booed urrly.
#3. Usher was in Paris

Back
Top Bottom