Who's the greatest player to ever play for your favorite team?

Note, the question is GREATEST...not your FAVORITE.

If you didn't know, I'm a die hard Pistons fan so this one really wasn't that difficult for me...

When it came down to it, I had to choose from Zeke, Joe D, and Rodman...so the obvious choice was to go with Isiah.

Only other sport where I actually have a team would be baseball, and that team would be the Atlanta Braves.

Didn't see him play, but obviously I have to put Hank Aaron up there. Probably will get flamed, but I think Greg Maddux is probably the greatest player toever put on a Braves uniform. Dude simply was one of the most dominate pitchers I have ever seen...his record would have been 10x better if he could havegotten at least average run support in his games started.

Dan Marino-- there will never be an argument there.
Magic Johnson-- there will be some arguments made. Friggin hard to pick one (Logo, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe, Kareem, Baylor, damn it
smh.gif
laugh.gif
)
Sammy Sosa-- Old schoolers will probably say Ernie Banks, or maybe even Ryne Sandberg, but people just want to forget what Sammy did in his career.

Arizona Wildcats: Sean Elliott

6ers: Iverson

Rams: Torry Holt/Marshall Faulk/Orlando Pace/Jackie Slater/Deacon Jones

Yankees: Mo Rivera (We've seen a fair share of dominating hitters, but great closers like him are far and few in between)

Knicks: PE 33

Giants: LT

Noles: Charlie Ward

SJU: Mully

Falcons would have to be Prime Time....

Rams: Torry Holt/Marshall Faulk/Orlando Pace/Jackie Slater/Deacon Jones
I see you couldn't pick one Gunna
laugh.gif
, but what aboutDickerson?

eek.gif
I thought I had EDickerson in there, He's definitely in there, I had originally put Henry Ellard in there too but Torry surpassed him with his lastcouple yrs, so I took him out.

If you make me choose, I would pick Torry Holt as the greatest Ram of All Time.

Falcons gotta be Jesse Tuggle or Andre Rison
Prime didnt spend enough of his "prime" in a Falcons Uni.

*edit -
Tennessee Volunteers - Reggie White

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Wiz,
Walter Berry > Chris Mullin
pimp.gif

wink.gif

Ehh, that debate is all about personal preference. Plus Berry went to Clinton in the BX, so I can't root for him.

Patrick Ewing counts twice.

ND - Rocket/Tim Brown

Jets - Curtis Martin/Joe Namath

Tribe - Bob Feller...and strictly speaking in prime years..Robbie Alomar

Bulls / UNC - Michael Jordan
Cardinals - Stan Musial
USC - Reggie Bush
NY Giants - The real LT

My Fav Team of all time is the Chicago Bulls - ain't nobody better than my main-man, Michael Jordan, noooooobody.

sick.gif
"Captain Comeback" Roger Staubach/Troy Aikman/"ThePlaymaker" Michael Irvin
frown.gif
/Emmitt Smith (the 1 man that holds the distinction of inspirin the 1st 2 parts of my sig
laugh.gif
)/Larry Allen

(some defensive love)
Bob Lilly, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Deion Sanders (IMO, even tho he aint a "true Cowboy")

In the interests of keepin the list somewhat short, I'll stop there...

Hell, I'll do the Phillies 2 (explanation: I aint really get n2 baseball til about '96 after I moved 2 Philly...yes, I was a Phils fan back when RicoBrogna batted 3rd
sick.gif
, Doug Glanville patrolled CF, and Scott Rolen was thehottest thing in the streets [Hideo] )

Robin Roberts, Steve Carlton, Mike Schmidt (yeah, that one's shorter lol...we sucked 4 a loooong time)

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

6ers: Iverson

Gunna, is this agreed upon with Philly fans that AI > Wilt/Dr. J? I'm just wonderin cause I never been down that way.

As for me, the greatest is Zeke.... but you will run into some people who say Joe D was more important, which may be true, but I just don't think he canoutshine Zeke's greatness.

Personal pick: Jason Maxiell......
nerd.gif

i choose not to name players that were before my time(the 70's,and most of the 80's) i understand the big three and i understand emmitt has therecord and i understand they have 3 rings but i dont think they were as dominate as these two.

p1_sanders.jpg

21>any defensive player they've had the last 10 years

Terrell%20Owens%20Popcorn%20Dallas.jpg

T.O.>Playmaker

throw larry allen in there too

Originally Posted by Pmighty

i choose not to name players that were before my time(the 70's,and most of the 80's) i understand the big three and i understand emmitt has the record and i understand they have 3 rings but i dont think they were as dominate as these two.

p1_sanders.jpg

21>any defensive player they've had the last 10 years

Terrell%20Owens%20Popcorn%20Dallas.jpg

T.O.>Playmaker

throw larry allen in there too

Aight...I did start 2 put T.O. in there (as my fav current player) but I'm gonna hold off on that until he gets a ring... (everybody just SHUT UP!!!
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
) And lets not do the whole 81>88 thing...the Playmaker was mydude back in the day, and I'm still not quite over that day in Philly (I was actually watchin that game...I'll neva 4get it...)
tired.gif

I believe Wilt played for the Warriors not the 6ers, I may be off tho.
I think Dr J spent too much of his prime in the ABA,
I'll take AI's greatness over the time he spent with the 6ers over Doc and Barkley's.

Back
Top Bottom