Who's the greatest player to ever play for your favorite team?

bb_AAIA051_8x10~Tom-Seaver-Posters.jpg
Patrick-Ewing-2.23.jpg

wayne_gretzky.jpg

285497.jpg

In order of my sig:

- Reggie Jackson (Nolan Ryan is my favorite, though. And David Eckstein. Or Chone Figgins. Or Darin Erstad, Wally Joyner, Rod Carew, Dave Winfield, ChuckFinley, Luis Polonia, K-Rod...)

33-21096-F.jpg
83D12.jpg

- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Magic is my favorite, though. And Byron Scott. And Dennis Rodman [
laugh.gif
]. And D-Fish, Nick the Quick, Eddie Jones, Lamar Odom...

... Chick Hearn.
frown.gif
)

2759106.jpg

- Derek Anderson (and he's my favorite; even though I wasn't a fan of any NCAA team back when he played, I remember watching him and thinking 'Thisdude is raaaw.' Loved his game.)

hpg0506_96anderson_060322.jpg

- Steve McNair (Frank Wycheck is my favorite, though.)

titans.jpg
mcnair_steve1208.jpg

- Lisa Leslie (Nikki Teasley and Chamique Holdsclaw have been my favorite, though. Candace Parker is my favorite current Spark.
smokin.gif
[she plays her first game a couple Saturdays from now on ABC])

leslie_020730.jpg
AADQ022~Lisa-Leslie-2002-Championship-Trophies-Photofile-Posters.jpg

nba_dime_430.jpg

No one can defend that patented Sky-hook when Kareem was hitting it with deadly accuracy during his prime. Just imagine a 7-footer who shoots a hook shot atthat height, with high accuracy.
pimp.gif

fmam_Game-of-Death.jpg

laugh.gif

smokin.gif

Lets see...

Orlando Magic-Shaquille O'Neal
San Francisco 49ers-Joe Montana
Oakland A's-Dennis Eckersley
Anaheim Mighty Ducks-Teemu Selanne

Raptors - I would have said Vince Carter a year ago, but since Bosh surpassed 4 of the franchise marks this past year, I'm going to say Chris Bosh.
Cowboys - Emmitt Smith
pimp.gif

Detroit Red Wings - Steve Yzerman/Gordie Howe. Take your pick... I cant pick, Steve is my favorite, but Howe is a freakin legend.
Toronto Blue Jays - Joe Carter
pimp.gif

Yeah, the Cowboys have too much history for any knowlegeable (sp?) 'Boys fan to pick him as the all time greatest for their team.
laugh.gif

Bulls
t1_jordan.pippen.rodman.jpg

Bears
walter-payton-run.jpg
hester.jpg
p1_urlacher_si.jpg

Cubs
Ron-Santo---With-Bat-posed-Photofile-Photograph-C10107044.jpeg
p1_lee.jpg

And!!! I'm not from Indy but...
peyton-manning.jpg

A couple of guys who I think were great and are still great on our teams...except Indy...not my team but second favorite next to the Bears...even though theybeat us in the SB...
frown.gif

Let' see...

Cubbies:
sammy-sosa-4-21-03.jpg

durocher-cubs-water.jpg

SI%20cover%20-%20Fergie%20Jenkins%20-%20Aug%2030%20-%201971.jpg

My favorite Cubbies are the dudes I grew up on: Ryno, the Hawk, and Gracie.

Vikes:

p1_carter2.jpg

272334.jpg

no no i said wouldnt name players i havent watched or seen or just based off of statistics cause stats can be deceiving. But as far as postions go i think hesthe best offensive player yea theyve had in a while. Better than novacek,emmitt,irving,harper yea. If i wasnt a T.Holt fan id say hes the hottest out rightnow.
Yeah, the Cowboys have too much history for any knowlegeable (sp?) 'Boys fan to pick him as the all time greatest for their team.
i understand staubach,and meridth,too tall jones,dorsett,pearson etc.. yea i understand all that. Their history is rich just like the bears andthe steelers and so on i get it. I didnt come up in that time. I only wanted to go off of what ive seen and who i watched in my era.

^ Reasonable explanation, in my opinion.

I would still say that T.O. isn't even the greatest Cowboy of your time, but that's also just my opinion. I mean, how can you go with him over Emmitt,Aikman, Irvin, and Deion? Emmitt, Aikman, and Irving were cornerstones to 3 titles, and Deion was a defensive/special teams freak.

Ok Im just assuming, but is it safe to say you've seen Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, Larry Allen, Troy aikmen play?
Now with that said, You still think TO (in two yrs of being a Cowboy) is the Greatest Cowboy of all time ?

hmm....tony dorsett....emmitt...ROGER!....i mean $%*. my faves are like novachek and primetime and playmaker. O AND THE MOOSE! lol...

id have to go with roger if i picked 1...leon letts *!*+$$# was a beast 2, ps: demarcus ware will be there one day.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Reasonable explanation, in my opinion.

I would still say that T.O. isn't even the greatest Cowboy of your time, but that's also just my opinion. I mean, how can you go with him over Emmitt, Aikman, Irving, and Deion? Emmitt, Aikman, and Irving were cornerstones to 3 titles, and Deion was a defensive/special teams freak.

I guess this is one of those he's not better than ____ cuz they have rings and he doesnt but its coo.
Aikman:With the weapons he had its hard to do what he did. Not to mention romo's in a lil time will break most of his @$@!
Irving: I personally feel T.O. is better than Irving yea.
Deion: That was the other player I named
laugh.gif
(and larry allen too)

Back
Top Bottom