-Who's Year is it? Gucci's or Drakes?-

Both are doing great in 2009...

I came up with this question because Chicago Radio Stations play nothing but Drake, Weezy and Gucci
laugh.gif

Two different types of Buzz.

Drake is already well entrenched as a major artist on the mainstream...which is still crazy to me. I haven't quite seen anything like it before. Gucci iswhere Jeezy was in 2004/2005. Crazy street buzz...starting to break through the mainstream wall.

Off topic...I remember there was a debate on here about who was more popular between Drake and Kid Cudi back around the time SFG dropped and so many peoplesurprisingly said Cudi. Fast forward to now...this dude dropped a 7 track version of SFG and outsold Cudi's studio debut...that's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Drake is already well entrenched as a major artist on the mainstream...which is still crazy to me. I haven't quite seen anything like it before. Gucci is where Jeezy was in 2004/2005. Crazy street buzz...starting to break through the mainstream wall.

Off topic...I remember there was a debate on here about who was more popular between Drake and Kid Cudi back around the time SFG dropped and so many people surprisingly said Cudi. Fast forward to now...this dude dropped a 7 track version of SFG and outsold Cudi's studio debut...that's ridiculous.

Gucci did a song with Mariah Carey fam'....He's mainstream...
grin.gif

yea but the question was whos year is it not who has the bigger buzz. yea gucci is finally breaking into the mainstream but the things drake has accomplishedthis year off of a mixtape is crazy. Rather its the features or the radio spins or the videos or w/e. imo dude has 09 on lock

Gucci is poppin down south.People up North starting to hear what we been listening to for years..He hopped on some good colabos this year. Drake voice isannoying to me..They play his same songs to much..The Movie by Gucci and Drama will crush So Far Gone..

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Drake is already well entrenched as a major artist on the mainstream...which is still crazy to me. I haven't quite seen anything like it before. Gucci is where Jeezy was in 2004/2005. Crazy street buzz...starting to break through the mainstream wall.

Off topic...I remember there was a debate on here about who was more popular between Drake and Kid Cudi back around the time SFG dropped and so many people surprisingly said Cudi. Fast forward to now...this dude dropped a 7 track version of SFG and outsold Cudi's studio debut...that's ridiculous.

grin.gif
Doing one song with somebody don't make you fully entrenched in the mainstream realm sir...

Do you think Gucci could take 7 old songs off any of his free mixtapes...make it an EP and push almost 500K right now?

grin.gif
Doing one song with somebody don't make you fully entrenched in the mainstream realm sir...

Do you think Gucci could take 7 old songs off any of his free mixtapes...make it an EP and push almost 500K right now?

What the hell does that have to do with being "mainstream"?
laugh.gif
..and Drake can do that because "so far gone" is basically a LP that leaked months in advance...

You're getting the word "mainstream" and "buzz" mixed up..... Both artists have a ******ED buzz right now, and both are mainstreamartists...Theres no argument there.

When it comes to being a "featured artist" or hopping on a remix, 9 times out of 10 its either Gucci or drakes name that comes up in 2009....andthats what im basing my question on.

grin.gif

What the hell does that have to do with being "mainstream"?
laugh.gif
..and Drake can do that because "so far gone" is basically a LP that leaked months in advance...

You're getting the word "mainstream" and "buzz" mixed up..... Both artists have a ******ED buzz right now, and both are mainstream artists...Theres no argument there.

When it comes to being a "featured artist" or hopping on a remix, 9 times out of 10 its either Gucci or drakes name that comes up in 2009....and thats what im basing my question on.
Do you know what ENTRENCHED means? I never said he WASN'T mainstream...I said he wasn't ENTRENCHED the way that Drake is.

Gucci Is Just as ENTRENCHED in "mainstream" as Drake is... you cant say he isn't. You basically said Gucci isn't "Fully Entrenched"in this thing called "mainstream", Thats why Im going back and foward with you fam'... I should have added SouljaBoy in this, He's having agreat year too.

Drake's aight to me..I don't mean to offend any Drake stans in here but dude's music style doesn't fit my taste...

Gucci on the other hand, makes alot of entertaining songs. Nothing to take too seriously, but I can rock with some of Gucci's work over the kid fromDegrassi.

Originally Posted by davey5737

drake

i cannot stand gucci and still dont understand why people like his style

...I like Drakes work more than Gucci's, but im not gonna knock Gucci's Grind... Son hit the mainstream scene off a street buzz with a mediocre flowand rapping about Drugs... which is crazy to me...

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Gucci Is Just as ENTRENCHED in "mainstream" as Drake is... you cant say he isn't.

yes we can, he isn't

How?...Gucci is featured on just as many singles and remix's as Drake is... and im not talkin about up and coming artist either....Mariah Carey, Mario, ectect...

Gucci Is Just as ENTRENCHED in "mainstream" as Drake is... you cant say he isn't.

yes we can, he isn't

How?...Gucci is featured on just as many singles and remix's as Drake is... and im not talkin about up and coming artist either....Mariah Carey, Mario, ect ect...
white girls know who Drake is...thats about as mainstream as it gets

yes we can, he isn't

How?...Gucci is featured on just as many singles and remix's as Drake is... and im not talkin about up and coming artist either....Mariah Carey, Mario, ect ect...
white girls know who Drake is...thats about as mainstream as it gets

LOL as awesome as that video is, Drake is getting spins on Top 40 radio...that is the pinnacle of being mainstream. It's cool that 2 drunk girls at a partylove him, but he's not at Drake's level popularity-wise, not even close.

Its odd that Gucci is just Jeezy in 04/05....cause they would have come up together if Gucci didn't catch that charge....
laugh.gif

Drake gets major spins here in the UK...Gucci no where to be seen at the moment..

In the US it might be close but worldwide i'd say Drake got it.

Back
Top Bottom