Why are all Movies filmed in New York and California??

face82

Banned
I've always wondered why are most movies filmed in these two locations. I understand California has Hollywood, the studios and what not but why so much in
New York?

From a love story to an action film the stage is always New York. Why?

How does the city even move with all these movies being shot. It seems like they use the same streets and locations in most flicks....like they have to shut
down a lot of these areas in NY to film. The price to film in these spots are ridiculous! Why wouldn't you go somewhere else where it's cheaper to
film? Anybody have any idea?

because those are the only places that matter
2fa26f62d5803c793da2847474432e8a18996b6b.gif
99036e6f21778bc4c84839f029de7ce81ee1d4e3.gif
99036e6f21778bc4c84839f029de7ce81ee1d4e3.gif

They dont film in New York as much as you think they do. Most of the shots of "New York City" are shot in Toronto

oceans 11, 12 chicago and vegas

weather man
batman forever
dark knight
the new one with johnny depp and christian bale was just in chicago

lots of movies in the midwest. i know toronto gets filmed in alot also.

New York is a common setting because the city acts like a character itself. There are unmistakeable qualities as well traits not located anywhere else in theworld. And it's not necessairly that movies are filmed in CA/NY, it's just a common setting... A lot of movies are filmed in Vancouver, Toronto,Chicago, etc.

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

They dont film in New York as much as you think they do. Most of the shots of "New York City" are shot in Toronto

a la paid in full

Toronto + Vancouver...

They film here all the time.

More so in LA, tho. Even CSI: New York.

You mean set in these locations? or filmed in these locations. Because half the time movies are filmed in locations that are cheaper and set them in the nicermore expensive cities like New York and California.

They arent..movies are shot all over the place including places like Toronto and North Carolina... It would be mad expensive to get the permits to shoot awhole movie in New York

Those are the "high profile" cities of the country.....I don't know why tho. I mean, I know both cities have character or whatever, but.....eh,they piss me off with that sometimes.....not that much, but a little bit. Like a smidget of a tadpole.

A lot of movies are shot in Canada, but studios in the LA area are used for certain scenes. All of the huge studios are in LA and they have the specializedequipment to produce amazing scenes. For example, Star Trek is being filmed in Marin at Skywalker Ranch because they have the studios to produce what theyneed.

perhaps because those are the two biggest cities in America?(metropolitan area-wise)

combined they have like 31.8 million ppl

so why wouldnt they get the most attention?

just a thought

I don't know how true ur statement is...

I am sure there are tonssss of movies not filmed in either areas.

Back
Top Bottom