Why are Dodge Challenger & Charger Drivers Terrible?

Which do you own

• Charger

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Challenger

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
I don't have any data to support this but it seemed as if the Hellcat Engine and its various applications across the Dodge platform really helped the company. I understand Stalantis and them moving away from ICE and V8s but Dodge had a great run with these vehicles and that engine.

I don't have any data to support this but it seemed as if the Hellcat Engine and its various applications across the Dodge platform really helped the company. I understand Stalantis and them moving away from ICE and V8s but Dodge had a great run with these vehicles and that engine.
The Hellcat engine did wonders for Dodge.I still remember back in 2015 hearing about the Challenger/Charger getting a 707hp engine & I think my jaw literally fell to the ground, lol. I think in 2015 before the drop the most powerful engine of the Big 3 American brands was the ZL1 Camaro T 600 & change.

They were smart to add it to the Durango & Ram I mean who doesn't want big HP? Than the Demon came about & the Super Stock trim & Hellcat Redeye so it def was a homerun for Dodge. I read the "electric muscle cars" will have speakers mounted underneath & you can select your sound 🤣...sad af.

Yea before the Hellcat, Dodge was just Chrysler(Ughk!). You see “Ram” tried to separate itself from the name. :lol: The sad thing about electric cars is that’s theres not a lot of room for drivetrain innovation. More power, more range, smaller batteries. Thats it. 4 digit won’t even be impressive in about 15 years. I do like what the Ford Lightning is doing tho.

So dodge is going to sell gliders now?

Watch them sell hellcat motors too with kit to install them in the car with no engine and transmission.

Super common in the semi world, buy a brand new truck with no motor and then buy a brand new pre emission truck engine and you’re running.

What’s the business reason for discontinuing?

Im not a car guy at all but everyone knows about the Challengers and Chargers.

Damn smh what happened
Woke up and a N got my **** when I was sleep. Broke thru the sunroof put it in neutral and pulled that b out.
5C9ABB64-2035-4256-9B69-78860EF7A26A.jpeg
CA36AF53-FDA0-4742-8B8D-F6EF67CFD994.jpeg
75F502FD-D81A-41ED-931C-28284C75CD7C.jpeg

What’s the business reason for discontinuing?

Im not a car guy at all but everyone knows about the Challengers and Chargers.
A few reason I believe. First & probably most important is the shift to electric. No matter how many people(myself included) downplay the move to electric it is undoubtedly the future & as a brand Dodge needs to join the electric wave if they plan on selling cars into the future. #2. The cars are a bit outdated, as a Challenger owner myself even I admit they really haven't changed much since 2008 give or take a few tweaks starting in the 2015 model year. It's pretty much been the same car with new engine options & added hp in the grand scheme of things. People who buy these cars are either enthusiasts or diehard Mopar people & it serves a niche market which to a degree has turned ICE to electric. Dodge currently I think has 0 electric vehicles & I applaud them to sticking to the tried & true old-school formula of stuffing huge powerful engines into coupes & sedans and pretty much being the last brand to still make true muscle cars. But all things come to an end & the Challenger/Charger have run their course in this form. Dodge knows electric is the new wave so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Woke up and a N got my **** when I was sleep. Broke thru the sunroof put it in neutral and pulled that b out.
5C9ABB64-2035-4256-9B69-78860EF7A26A.jpeg
CA36AF53-FDA0-4742-8B8D-F6EF67CFD994.jpeg
75F502FD-D81A-41ED-931C-28284C75CD7C.jpeg
DAMN! Sorry this happened to you man. This is why we have insurance. Did you eventually get into another Durango or nah?

FCA is also paying a fine for every new mopar sold because of CAFE rules.

They can afford to pay the fines because the cars print money. Being that it's a 15 year old car, they have already made back their money on development and tooling costs.

FCA is also paying a fine for every new mopar sold because of CAFE rules.

They can afford to pay the fines because the cars print money. Being that it's a 15 year old car, they have already made back their money on development and tooling costs.
I didn't even know about this.

Damn homie got scoped out and plotted on. I’m buying a condo in the city now for workdays and parking my joint in the garage. If they want my bimmer that bad so be it, but good luck getting into a gated community with a security desk, breaking in and getting it out without being noticed. You earned it if you can pull that off. I wish the garage had a door but it would probably be too loud for the first floor units.

THEY DID THAT OVERNIGHT!?!
Nah I found it via Facebook a week later.
DAMN! Sorry this happened to you man. This is why we have insurance. Did you eventually get into another Durango or nah?
Nah I got a lil impala I drive back n forth to work and we got a grand Cherokee L for the weekend. Copping a bimmer for my bday in April. Hemis here are traps. They steal them every single day, I wouldn’t dare do it again.
They really wanted those seats.
Yeah the wanted the insides. I had the red leather with grey stitching/piping. Looks like they stripped it to put another one together because usually when they find them they take EVERYTHING.

It looks like they yapped all the good stuff from that engine. Just let insurance total it out and like you said away from mopars if you don’t have a garage, those cars are thief magnets. German engines take specific tools to rob, most thieves don’t even bother.

Nah I found it via Facebook a week later.

Nah I got a lil impala I drive back n forth to work and we got a grand Cherokee L for the weekend. Copping a bimmer for my bday in April. Hemis here are traps. They steal them every single day, I wouldn’t dare do it again.

Yeah the wanted the insides. I had the red leather with grey stitching/piping. Looks like they stripped it to put another one together because usually when they find them they take EVERYTHING.
All good my brother. Let them fools bask in their false & temporary glory. They will answer one day in front of God for their thievery & sins. They got away with it in this world but will not get away when their time comes to stand in front of their creator & answer for their actions. Their bodies won't be held responsible but their souls most definitely will 👍. Do yourself a favor when you get the Bimmer...park it in a garage.

It looks like they yapped all the good stuff from that engine. Just let insurance total it out and like you said away from mopars if you don’t have a garage, those cars are thief magnets. German engines take specific tools to rob, most thieves don’t even bother.
This was june. Already paid it off and paid me out. Everyday I look up it’s a charger/300/chally/Durango missing. I was on like my 6th one and that’s it for me. My bro grabbed a rs7 and cousin got a 640 and just sitting in and driving both convinced me.

Reactions: ace
All good my brother. Let them fools bask in their false & temporary glory. They will answer one day in front of God for their thievery & sins. They got away with it in this world but will not get away when their time comes to stand in front of their creator & answer for their actions. Their bodies won't be held responsible but their souls most definitely will 👍. Do yourself a favor when you get the Bimmer...park it in a garage.
Definitely will. Moving top of the year.

Back
Top Bottom