Why are Jordan XVII (17) $400 and up? what so special let me know.

i was just looking for a pair and can't seem to find 10.5-11 for a good price ($250-$300).... and see that the price range looking the a pair of 11's or 6's... whats the deal?

These retailed for $300 in Canada, the briefcase is what brought the pice up but I do remember seeing them at Nike outlets for about $100. And they weren't that rare I've got 5 pairs. One of them is the low cut so there is no briefcase. What brings the price up now is that they've only ever been retro'd in the cdp

Last edited:
How many people you know have a pair? The rarity of the shoe is what brings the price up.

i have a white/red 17 deadstock in a size 9

these flopped hard when released

the time is now to retro the 17's

the reason the price is so high that as a whole the resell market is out of control

the briefcase? i feel like thats kinda it. plus dont they come with a DVD or something? what was the Retail on these shoes?

^ wasn't retail $200+?

I feel like the rarity alone could drive up prices way up.

You don't see many people with these (supply), but many folks may want them (demand) which causes crazy high reseller prices.

i have a white/red 17 deadstock in a size 9
these flopped hard when released
the time is now to retro the 17's
the reason the price is so high that as a whole the resell market is out of control

So just because you had a pair that means they aren't rare? Hell, I have the first two original colorways and the carolina blue/ black/crockskin lows in storage.
The shoes are still rare.
And the XVII's did not flop. They dropped for $200 retail and still sold out.

And its pretty easy to figure why the XVII is so expensive...

You compare the prices to XI and VI prices, but you forget that the XI's have been *****d out by "retro's"
The XVII has never been retro'd before. They came with that crazy packaging as well.

Last edited:
i mean the guy said he seen them Nike Outlets back then...

Back then, Jordans didn't sell out in 5 minutes like they do now.
And even still, Jordans don't sell out everywhere. Remember, the XVII's dropped almost a decade ago. **** was different back then.

Just because a shoe wasn't on every sneaker blog (which didn't exist back then unless you went to 23isback) and wasn't causing riots, that doesn't mean it flopped.

XVII's are extremely underrated but those who have typically know their value and won't get a dime lower. I've tried numor times getting a pair of XVII's near retail ($200+ tax) and its hard to come by.

These shoes may not have sold very well at release but that is typical for the signature Air Jordan not to sell that well. The sell out Jordans have almost ALWAYS been retros. Also, back in 2002 it was possible to just walk into the store and buy your shoes without having to camp, have a connection, etc.

Times were way different back then.

When you think about it, it's not often you come across a brand new pair of 17's everyday. The asking price is based on the quantity.

I remember how they made a big deal about the $200 price tag back in the day. Now it's not even a big deal.

for the same reason i picked these up in a nike outlet years ago for less than 100. the supply and demand.

Honestly you don't see much of the 17s up on sale a lot of times the briefcase isn't even included from what I've seen. The lightning ones though i see always go for a lot more.

CDPs are a dime a dozen... I wouldnt pay over $150 for them with that crappy suede.

OGs on the other hand are very hard to find because very few people kept them DS or even NDS. This was a true basketballers shoe and ballers straight gobbled them up and spit them out. I know tons of people that still have their suitcase, but it seems like most of the actual shoes got trashed on the court.

Still have mine. They're in pretty good shape too. I'll post some pics of them. Got 'em for $75 too. They sold, but didn't blow out at the time either.

Those lightning 17s are fire, never see them on feet or in person to make judgement but :smokin

the retail was high even for jordans ,which have always been priced high. but the retail was outrageous at the time even for jordans . even with the briefcase and cd included

the retail was high even for jordans ,which have always been priced high. but the retail was outrageous at the time even for jordans . even with the briefcase and cd included

Yeah, $200 compared to $99 for retro 3s, $120 for team jays and $125 for retro 11s. They were nearly double the price of any other Jordan shoe for the year and $40 more than the new Air-Jordan model (xvi) from the year before.

Back
Top Bottom