Why are Jordan XVII (17) $400 and up? what so special let me know.

I don't care what anybody says, I thought the cdp XVII's were fire! One of my favorite "retro's" of the entire CDP series, not to mention comfortable, and I've always received compliments. Dope shoe! :smokin

I've seen DS Lightning Low's going for $350 as of late, but I bought my College Blue's during the summer for $400 and they were DS as well.

But I was cool with paying $400 since they were DS and came with OG everything. Gotta love that suitcase too. :smokin

Made out on a steal on Lightning 17's on ebay..worn a few times..my size for only 78 shipped :pimp:..legit too..

These actually went on sale at champs for 99 bucks. If only I would've held on to the pairs I bought.

Love the Air Jordan 17's especially the lows. The black/chrome lows are my favorite lows and the white/college blues are my favorite mids. I just need the white/red mids and then I'm good with the 17's. The CDP's were decent looking, but it makes my feet hurt.

Last edited:
Love the Air Jordan 17's especially the lows. The black/chrome lows are my favorite lows and the white/college blues are my favorite mids. I just need the white/red mids and then I'm good with the 17's. The CDP's were decent looking, but it makes my feet hurt.

8) :frown:

Loved the all black pair... The white/royal/black & white/red were clean too.

The commercials were :nthat: for these too.

It is pretty rare to find these in great condition for under $300. I found a DS pair of lightning XVII lows on ebay a few years back for $190. I had to pull the trigger.

I HAVE THE OG COLLEGE BLUE 17 WITH THE BRIEFCASE AND EVEN THE BOX THE BRIEFCASE CAME IN DEADSTOCK. PROBABLY GONNA PUT THEM UP FOR SALE SOON.

Never saw what the big deal about these and the XVIII's were. I feel like these shoes have no personality like most J's have.. They just look like the average basketball shoe, minus the whole briefcase thing..

CDPs are a dime a dozen... I wouldnt pay over $150 for them with that crappy suede.
OGs on the other hand are very hard to find because very few people kept them DS or even NDS. This was a true basketballers shoe and ballers straight gobbled them up and spit them out. I know tons of people that still have their suitcase, but it seems like most of the actual shoes got trashed on the court.
T

Couldn't have said it better my self. These shoes were great to ball in, and one of my favorites. I still have my suitcase and cd, but that is it. I finally threw the shoes away after 10 yrs or more of straight abuse. Once it rained and my sock got wet and I saw the sole coming off I was done lol. I never got to wear the retros from the CDP. My house was broken into and that pack was the only thing shoe related they stole, even though there were shoes worth more than those and the carmines in my collection.

T
Couldn't have said it better my self. These shoes were great to ball in, and one of my favorites. I still have my suitcase and cd, but that is it. I finally threw the shoes away after 10 yrs or more of straight abuse. Once it rained and my sock got wet and I saw the sole coming off I was done.

100% agree. Hate to just quote, but I had the white/blue, black/black, and white/red.
I wore the white/blue and black/black completely out.

Still have the white/red NDS but hate how the leather tongue squeaks against the rest of the shoe.

This.
They weren't "hot" at the time. Regardless of what others may say, I maintain that they "flopped" on release. They were seen as very plain. People thought the packaging was a gimmick. And, they couldn't understand the reason for the price tag.
So, people wound up using them for their intended purpose. Some sold at first. And, then when prices dropped, more people bought them and used them to ball.
There's a lot of revisionist history among "Jordanheads" - shoes that people love that were considered wretched at the time. Laney Vs, Mocha IIIs, etc. The whole XVII model is a shoe that didn't gain popularity in their time. Their resurgence in popularity comes partly from people wanting what they can't have and partly from the fact the new generation of "Jordanheads" view these as the shoes of their youth.
It never ceases to cause me to take a step back when somebody posts, "these were my first Js in third grade" regarding a pair that I wore in grad school or something. I guess it's just a testament to the brand's longevity.
Hit it on the head. I remember buying these on release day at 6pm at night from Footlocker in Evergreen Plaza (Chicago). They were $216 after taxes and I was called a fool for buying them, but ya'll know, if you want a shoe you will pay for it. I still have them, the briefcase, and the box they came in. I haven't worn them in years, but they still look good. They still have the little adhesive on the heel of the shoe.

First pair of Jordans I wanted...I was in 7th grgade.

On sale for $99 + tax @ Copelands for the red joints...Momma said no.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom