Why are trailer parks frowned upon?

They look comfy. Is it the frail structure? I would rock a trailer home over an apartment.

buying-mobile-home.jpg

The ones I've been to have been ratty, ghetto, gross and just down right hidious and I live in one of the nicest towns in the bay area.

Originally Posted by Rick2345

The ones I've been to have been ratty, ghetto, gross and just down right hidious

That.

But, the pc anaswer is because they're cheap and they dont stimulate the economy like a house does. It doesnt keep you in debt long enough.

Also thats a mobile home not a trailer home. Mobile homes/Mobile home parks can actually be really nice. I've yet to a nice trailer park though.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

They are socially connected with the lower class

Exactly, like public housing/cheap and poor minorities in the northern states, we look at trailor parks as cheap/public housing for poor whites.

OP, I take it you've never been to or know anyone who lives in a trailer park?

Since you don't own the land you're paying for a structure that's typically not as well made as a conventional home. There's a reason why you can buy a trailer home for the price of an C-class (or less). If the owner wishes to sell the land to a strip mall developer they can do so and you'll have to move.

There are some nice trailer parks, but if you're buying a unit in one it should only be seen as a home and not an investment because they don't appreciate in value anywhere near what traditional structures do.

its the connotation...there are trailer parks in malibu, ca that are nice as %@*%.

i'd rock mobile home depending on where it was located and the actual park itself. I don't care for excess space like that.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Because its considered "poor"

This, and a lot of other comments so far this thread.
From 2 to 10 my family lived in a trailer park, the best years of my upbringing
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Moved to Long Beach the next 13 years, first house... #@+% sucked.

I would make fun of myself if I lived in one.

I've come across a lot of people that live in one, and yeah most are "trashy"...

It's because of the people who have lived in them, it's not the trailer itself really that gets a bad rep.

Back
Top Bottom