Why do you dislike David Stern?

6a01156f2c3287970c01157039a066970b-pi

There is only one person in S & T that receives more hate than the Yankees, Lakers, Patriots,Duke, USC, and any individual player on any of those teams.I am curious as to why you personally despise this man. I believe there are a lot of followers that have just jumped on the "I hate David Stern"bandwagon here, so prove me wrong and let me know why you dislike this guy.

I think he presses too much with making changes. He's done some good for the game, and at least he tries and makes efforts continually to improved thestate of the NBA, but sometimes it's just too much experiementation.

I think a big part of the reason why he's disliked is because he was the commish during the NBA's fall from grace so to speak. The NBA fell off hardfor awhile and the product just wasn't as good as it was. I think it's coming back around though for sure. So who knows what we'll think of himwhen all is said and done.

I just think it's funny to hate Stern. Real talk though, he's the smartest commissioner and has done more than any other commissioner during his time.

[typical nt'er] I hate him because of the dress code [/typical nt'er]

He's done so much for the globalization of the game it isn't even funny....he is one of the biggest reasons why the NBA is a billion+ dollar per yearindustry...

I just don't know how anyone can have so much hate towards the man when the NBA is CLEARLY a players league....

I'ma keep it funky and 100% honest.

I hate him because he is black.

If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.

He's definetely not on alot of people's hate list, he's done alot of good in the NBA. From dress codes to fix image issues to making sure the gamesare reffed right, only thing I wish is he lets the L play more physical, but I guess fights break out and they look bad that way.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

[typical nt'er] I hate him because of the dress code [/typical nt'er]

He's done so much for the globalization of the game it isn't even funny....he is one of the biggest reasons why the NBA is a billion+ dollar per year industry...

I just don't know how anyone can have so much hate towards the man when the NBA is CLEARLY a players league....
That's pretty much my take on the situation. It seems like most nt'ers hate on him for something that stupid. I agree as well that the NBAis a players league.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I'ma keep it funky and 100% honest.

I hate him because he is black.

If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.
lolwut?

he works a little too closely with the refs, if you know what I mean (cough, scott foster tim donaghy etc, cough).

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

He's definetely not on alot of people's hate list, he's done alot of good in the NBA. From dress codes to fix image issues to making sure the games are reffed right, only thing I wish is he lets the L play more physical, but I guess fights break out and they look bad that way.
you clearly do not watch NBA basketball.

I don't think people hate him for legitimate reasons. They just like to blame him with all of this "conspiracy" crap when their favorite teamloses.

Stern business wise is one of the best commisioners in pro sports right now done tons for the game....where are all those Stern haters?

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

His smug attitude.

...among other things.

- i cringe at hearing that douche talk like listening to a Bush press conference. i HATE dude foreal.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

He's definetely not on alot of people's hate list, he's done alot of good in the NBA. From dress codes to fix image issues to making sure the games are reffed right, only thing I wish is he lets the L play more physical, but I guess fights break out and they look bad that way.
you clearly do not watch NBA basketball.
mad.gif

I miss when basketball was this good

He's good in my book, always looking to turn the NBA into a better product. Some things have worked and some have not, but it was all with good intentionsto make the league more professional and accessible to the world. My beef is with that #!%##%+@@#@+ Stu Jackson, I know Stern is his boss, but Stu is thedumbest %%$+ when it comes to the handling of player misconduct. I'm not even a Suns' fan, its just sad what happened to them in the 06 playoffs. Myonly real beef with the NBA now is how they're slowly taking away one of the most important aspects of basketball, emotion.

i don't see why the nba can't be properly reffed. david stern goes out of his way to fix things left and right, but he never fixes the biggest problemwith his sport, the refs.

it's far too difficult to watch an nba game and believe that the refs are on the up and up.

while he has done a lot of good for the sport, he never fixes what's genuinely wrong with the game.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

i don't see why the nba can't be properly reffed. david stern goes out of his way to fix things left and right, but he never fixes the biggest problem with his sport, the refs.

it's far too difficult to watch an nba game and believe that the refs are on the up and up.

while he has done a lot of good for the sport, he never fixes what's genuinely wrong with the game.
Well, he did try that "No Leniency/Superstar" treatment where all players would get techs if they argued calls. That lasted about amonth or two. The players still act like divas, the refs have given in, and Stern and Co. haven't done anything to reinforce that. It'severybody's fault for that.

why didn't he stand strong on that like he did on the useless dress code?

really though, how many blown calls do you see in every nba game? you don't see that in other sports, every single game.

what happened to the flop rule?

every interview all he does is smile and say that the game is fine, and it's not.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

why didn't he stand strong on that like he did on the useless dress code?

really though, how many blown calls do you see in every nba game? you don't see that in other sports, every single game.

what happened to the flop rule?

every interview all he does is smile and say that the game is fine, and it's not.

that's my reason.

Back
Top Bottom