Why does everyone knock resellers?

shout outs to resellers, if no one ever sold their shoes how would one go about getting a lebron mvp pack that didn't live in florida? or a pair of nike mags that didn't have the cash @ the time of auction? etc
thats another thing that gets me, if you have enough money to buy the lebron championship pack then how do you not have a nike connect?

nike mags are a little different

money doesn't equal connections, at least not from what i know... plenty of people got the money and just hit up ebay, craigslist to buy their stuff and they don't have a connect and never will.

At this point I have more money than time so if somebody wants to waste his morning in line to make $50 go right ahead. Better someone else than me.

Well, I think there's a difference between buying 15 shoes during R/D and selling them and selling a pair of shoes you've had for a long time.

shout outs to resellers, if no one ever sold their shoes how would one go about getting a lebron mvp pack that didn't live in florida? or a pair of nike mags that didn't have the cash @ the time of auction? etc
thats another thing that gets me, if you have enough money to buy the lebron championship pack then how do you not have a nike connect?

nike mags are a little different

money doesn't equal connections, at least not from what i know... plenty of people got the money and just hit up ebay, craigslist to buy their stuff and they don't have a connect and never will.
i never said that, but the kind of people who would want the championship pack are clearly collecting sneakers (im thinking someone like MAYOR) so why wouldnt they just work on a nike connect? if i was going to spend bands on sneakers, i would become real buddy with either the Burn Rubber guys or the Revive guys (closest boutiques to me) and start getting inside info, early stuff, and most definitely rare releases (if thats what i was into)

thank you for this post. It has taken me awhile to admit I was criticizing the people I wanted to be and that I currently am. Why not make a profit in this game? At the end of the day someone is going to.

I think people are more pissed at BULK BUYERS than actual people that purchase a couple of extras on release date. This is not an assumption that covers 100% of the reseller haters. It's just for the general people.
Someone that purchases the whole inventory is more likely to infuriate someone that purchased 2 size 10s unless they do something ignorant like immediately turn around and say, "Got these size 10s for double retail."

At the end of the day, anyone that purchases a product then sells it is a reseller. Saying you waited 2 years to sell doesn't make a difference. You are still re-selling your item on the aftermarket and technically, the price you sell it for doesn't matter.

And dude that says mods stay tight with resellers, which mods are you talking about? I can speak for myself and say I really don't deal with too many people on the aftermarket note since I grew tired of constantly seeing the advertising on my timelines on the social groups. I pretty much get in, get what I want, and get out then quietly list whatever I wish to list if I feel like it. I do know I remember reading a mod response to a similar topic stating that before the internet was such a resourceful place, resellers used to be more appreciated. That's because they could get product that you wanted and couldn't access, ie HoH only shoes when there were only 1-3 in America. It's a love/hate relationship but generally more acceptable if the seller has any type of integrity, maturity, and customer service.

That said, if you hate a reseller, then the solution is simple. Don't buy. The consumers dictate the price of the shoe not the seller. This actually holds true for market price also. If we all really hated the price of what nike is producing, then we just don't buy and watch the prices fall. We don't , we complain, and we watch the prices rise. No one forces us to pay the prices we pay so we should honestly take it for what it is and take responsibility for our role in the situation. We make our own grave. Not many want to accept this reality.

If you really want to be mad at anyone, be mad at nike. Hyping releases by releasing only X amount of shoes knowing darn well X-million people want them is all on them. They do it for a reason but people just want to point fingers just because. Honestly, if 10 shoes released and 10 people that truly, honestly wanted them were the buyers, the 100000 people that missed out would still blame the world instead of nike for only releasing 10 sneakers.

People praising nike's recent restocks should honestly take the time to look at what's really happening here. Nike isn't combating reseller. Nike is playing the hype game some more. Look at the production dates for these "restocks." They are produced with the same batch that you purchased on the original release day. What does that mean? They aren't making more product for you, they are the reason you might have missed out on release day. Less quantity on day 1 = more people missing out. Nike is also allowing people that purchased on day 1, resold, and reupped funds to dive back into the market and buy more of the same shoes that some of you think only the people that missed out will purchase. I could wholeheartedly appreciate what nike is doing if it was indeed a new production run of these products but its not. It's just holding it back for a later date.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
I think people are more pissed at BULK BUYERS than actual people that purchase a couple of extras on release date. This is not an assumption that covers 100% of the reseller haters. It's just for the general people.
Someone that purchases the whole inventory is more likely to infuriate someone that purchased 2 size 10s unless they do something ignorant like immediately turn around and say, "Got these size 10s for double retail."

At the end of the day, anyone that purchases a product then sells it is a reseller. Saying you waited 2 years to sell doesn't make a difference. You are still re-selling your item on the aftermarket and technically, the price you sell it for doesn't matter.

And dude that says mods stay tight with resellers, which mods are you talking about? I can speak for myself and say I really don't deal with too many people on the aftermarket note since I grew tired of constantly seeing the advertising on my timelines on the social groups. I pretty much get in, get what I want, and get out then quietly list whatever I wish to list if I feel like it. I do know I remember reading a mod response to a similar topic stating that before the internet was such a resourceful place, resellers used to be more appreciated. That's because they could get product that you wanted and couldn't access, ie HoH only shoes when there were only 1-3 in America. It's a love/hate relationship but generally more acceptable if the seller has any type of integrity, maturity, and customer service.

That said, if you hate a reseller, then the solution is simple. Don't buy. The consumers dictate the price of the shoe not the seller. This actually holds true for market price also. If we all really hated the price of what nike is producing, then we just don't buy and watch the prices fall. We don't , we complain, and we watch the prices rise. No one forces us to pay the prices we pay so we should honestly take it for what it is and take responsibility for our role in the situation. We make our own grave. Not many want to accept this reality.

If you really want to be mad at anyone, be mad at nike. Hyping releases by releasing only X amount of shoes knowing darn well X-million people want them is all on them. They do it for a reason but people just want to point fingers just because. Honestly, if 10 shoes released and 10 people that truly, honestly wanted them were the buyers, the 100000 people that missed out would still blame the world instead of nike for only releasing 10 sneakers.

People praising nike's recent restocks should honestly take the time to look at what's really happening here. Nike isn't combating reseller. Nike is playing the hype game some more. Look at the production dates for these "restocks." They are produced with the same batch that you purchased on the original release day. What does that mean? They aren't making more product for you, they are the reason you might have missed out on release day. Less quantity on day 1 = more people missing out. Nike is also allowing people that purchased on day 1, resold, and reupped funds to dive back into the market and buy more of the same shoes that some of you think only the people that missed out will purchase. I could wholeheartedly appreciate what nike is doing if it was indeed a new production run of these products but its not. It's just holding it back for a later date.

Sorry for the rant.

View media item 408476

View media item 408478

Last edited:
And dude that says mods stay tight with resellers, which mods are you talking about?

That was I. I've said it on several occasions.

I could name names, post pictures, but that would be an abuse of trust :wink:

what I'll say is this, you guys have a "friend" or "MOD" message board where CroationStyle posts among you guys and is recognized as an "OG NT'er", correct?

sneakerst, which is a Nike reseller is/was appreciated on here because "he gave good deals" for a short time, and hooked up certain people.
(yes he's piggybacking off someone with an official Nike acct, but doesn't have one himself, he's just an organized reseller)

[COLOR=#red]You can't draw lines where it benefits you.[/COLOR] if resell is too high, I pass, just like you do.
Hell, recently I've only copped af1s since resell is so damn low :smokin

Last edited:
And dude that says mods stay tight with resellers, which mods are you talking about?

That was I. I've said it on several occasions.

I could name names, post pictures, but that would be an abuse of trust :wink:

what I'll say is this, you guys have a "friend" or "MOD" message board where CroationStyle posts among you guys and is recognized as an "OG NT'er", correct?

sneakerst, which is a nike reseller is/was appreciated on here because "he gave good deals" for a short time, and hooked up certain people.

You can't draw lines where it benefits you. if resell is too high, I pass, just like you do.
Hell, recently I've only copped af1s since resell is so damn low :smokin

I wouldn't say "You guys" because I have no clue what you are talking about. Just because we share the same status on here doesn't mean we all associate, hang, talk, and meet each other's kids. We just share a common goal.... well we should. I only really talk to S dubl and babyjumpman as far as staff goes and only talk to Meth when it has to do with discussions about the site. Point is, cant really group us all into the same category.

I remember sneakerst being the people's champ when the coppers dropped but yes, they have definitely fallen off since. I remember having a convo and the basic message I got was, "people always want a deal but we gotta eat too."
That mentality basically explains why they are they way they are and can anyone really blame them? They have to do what they have to do to maintain business and for a while, people would only buy hot products from them then only buy the other stuff when it was significantly reduced. That's definitely not a formula for success.

but you're not denying that CroationStyle and other resellers might be on the private NT mod forum?

inhabited by the same people that used to blast Steve for "selling out" the sneaker culture?

Last edited:
but you're not denying that CroationStyle and other resellers might be on the private NT mod forum?

inhabited by the same people that used to blast Steve for "selling out" the sneaker culture?

the "private forum" is only for NT Staff members so at this point, Yes, I am denying it. That section is pretty much dead for the most part. It moves about as much as the FAQ on here.

that said, what could have been, isn't what is now. I wasn't part of that, nor was any admin/mod that got on board in the recent years. sounds like something that could have happened years ago.

also, sneakerst, did/does have his own account. they just don't post anymore and their post count was reset like many others when the site got transitioned: http://niketalk.com/u/44287/sneakerst

Last edited:
I knock the buyers for paying that much over retail. Where there's demand, someone will supply.

I don't like turning down profit.

Sitting on a room full of shoes that I barely wear, all for sentimental value doesn't work for me.

That's why I pick and choose when I resell and never end up stuck with anything because I only buy things that'll move.

theirs two kinds of re sellers.

you have the people that buy the shoe because they like it, they intend on keeping in there collection to wear. ButYears fly by, they never had a chance to wear it or its worn rarely and they decide to either down size there collection or sell it to pay bills.

you have the other re seller that buys five of the same sneaker in a size or brand they don't like only to resell. frankly that's sad. all that effort they put to inconvenience someone that really wants the shoe.

Find a real job!!!!!! at least one you're gf/bf would be proud of

Really dont mind resellers.
Its the rape/impractical reseller prices.

$250-$300 for something that retailed for $140-$180? Cool.
But some resellers on craigslist be like retailed for $150 price is $525 firm.
Cmon fam. Even if you just doubled the retail price you be makin a significant amount of profit.

Capitalism :smokin

Best believe I'll participate. Thinking about throwing my used OG DMP's on feeBay for $1000. Done sold off over 50 pairs of sneaks in the last couple years, all of them worn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom