Why does Fat Joe sound like Lil Wayne?????

Nah, its not just you. That !@$# is not cool at all. I consider Joey a legend. He surely gets my respect and he's ripped some tracks to shreds, but this iscorny as hell. Bitin and runnin with Wayne's flow is just terrible. Absolutely terrible!

Originally Posted by Willhelm F Nietzsche

Biting? More like joe is dr.dre and wayne is jay-z if you follow.

grin.gif
No, we don't follow. Why would Joey need Wayne to write for himwhen he's been writing for himself for 14 plus years? You don't have to write for someone for them to sound like you. I could write a whole verse andrecite it and it will sound just like some %!+$ Wayne would spit. It's about taken on the delivery and word structure...

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

grin.gif
No, we don't follow. Why would Joey need Wayne to write for him when he's been writing for himself for 14 plus years? You don't have to write for someone for them to sound like you. I could write a whole verse and recite it and it will sound just like some %!+$ Wayne would spit. It's about taken on the delivery and word structure...

Joe's name always comes to mind with the topic of hiring ghostwriters. Pun was known for writing his material, and a few years back (around the time ofLean Back) a lawsuit was filed against Joe by some ghostwriter. He made claims that Joe doesn't write any of hismaterial. It's hard to tell though without being in the studio, but the verses on 300 and Crack House are too Wayne-esque to not be written by the kid,IMO. I would not be surprised at all if the majority of mainstream rappers (past and present, mainstream or conscious rap) are fueled by ghostwriters. Themusic industry is just entertainment.

Originally Posted by ro0ts

grin.gif
No, we don't follow. Why would Joey need Wayne to write for him when he's been writing for himself for 14 plus years? You don't have to write for someone for them to sound like you. I could write a whole verse and recite it and it will sound just like some %!+$ Wayne would spit. It's about taken on the delivery and word structure...

Joe's name always comes to mind with the topic of hiring ghostwriters. Pun was known for writing his material, and a few years back (around the time of Lean Back) a lawsuit was filed against Joe by some ghostwriter. He made claims that Joe doesn't write any of his material. It's hard to tell though without being in the studio, but the verses on 300 and Crack House are too Wayne-esque to not be written by the kid, IMO. I would not be surprised at all if the majority of mainstream rappers (past and present, mainstream or conscious rap) are fueled by ghostwriters. The music industry is just entertainment.

You have to consider the fact that Joey has been around before all of these cats. He was around before Pun dropped. That doesn't absolve him from theclaims that he uses ghostwriters, but the without had evidence we have to look at the history. And the so-called ghostwriter you're talking about is aformer TS member who claimed he and Pun wrote for Joe. These cats didn't really come around until Pun came so who wrote for Joe before then? I'm not writing the ghostwriter claim off, but to draw assumptions based style, manner, and delivery and pass it off as known knowledge is irresponsible.

It's funny that cats are just now catching this though. I've been catching Joey with the Wayne mannerisms (which is garbage by the way) for a whilenow. I think he first tried to pull it off on Clap and Revolve.

grin.gif

Joe's name always comes to mind with the topic of hiring ghostwriters. Pun was known for writing his material, and a few years back (around the time of Lean Back) a lawsuit was filed against Joe by some ghostwriter. He made claims that Joe doesn't write any of his material. It's hard to tell though without being in the studio, but the verses on 300 and Crack House are too Wayne-esque to not be written by the kid, IMO. I would not be surprised at all if the majority of mainstream rappers (past and present, mainstream or conscious rap) are fueled by ghostwriters. The music industry is just entertainment.

You have to consider the fact that Joey has been around before all of these cats. He was around before Pun dropped. That doesn't absolve him from the claims that he uses ghostwriters, but the without had evidence we have to look at the history. And the so-called ghostwriter you're talking about is a former TS member who claimed he and Pun wrote for Joe. These cats didn't really come around until Pun came so who wrote for Joe before then? I'm not writing the ghostwriter claim off, but to draw assumptions based style, manner, and delivery and pass it off as known knowledge is irresponsible.

It's funny that cats are just now catching this though. I've been catching Joey with the Wayne mannerisms (which is garbage by the way) for a while now. I think he first tried to pull it off on Clap and Revolve.

you know Fabolous was writing for people well before you had any idea who he was right... Just because someone had a deal and was putting out recordsbefore another rapper doesn't mean that other rapper hasnt been writing his %*!% since the '80s... I'm just saying.

Nah, I see what you're saying. I agree he's been in the game too long to make the claim he's used ghostwriters for the entirety of his career. Idon't believe Joe was using ghostwriters in his "Fat Joe da Gangster" days (IMO it wouldn't make sense for an underground New York act,trying to make it, to be using ghostwriters). I was just offering the point that accusations of ghostwriting and Fat Joe have been commonly raised simplybecause you seemed confident in the idea that Joe has been ghostwriter free for 14+ years. Honestly I'm a fan of Joe's (his old work and even hisnewer+$+@... minus All or Nothing) and 300 and Crack House were/are hot. I wouldn't argue Joe has never used a similar rhyming pattern (as you point out inClap and Revolve) or that Wayne invented his overuse of metaphors/similes style. But to say Joe's delivery/verses on those two tracks are strikinglyWayne-like is a given, and second-guessing whether or not Joe uses ghostwriters isn't out of the question.

Originally Posted by AK Nako

grin.gif

You have to consider the fact that Joey has been around before all of these cats. He was around before Pun dropped. That doesn't absolve him from the claims that he uses ghostwriters, but the without had evidence we have to look at the history. And the so-called ghostwriter you're talking about is a former TS member who claimed he and Pun wrote for Joe. These cats didn't really come around until Pun came so who wrote for Joe before then? I'm not writing the ghostwriter claim off, but to draw assumptions based style, manner, and delivery and pass it off as known knowledge is irresponsible.

It's funny that cats are just now catching this though. I've been catching Joey with the Wayne mannerisms (which is garbage by the way) for a while now. I think he first tried to pull it off on Clap and Revolve.

you know Fabolous was writing for people well before you had any idea who he was right... Just because someone had a deal and was putting out records before another rapper doesn't mean that other rapper hasnt been writing his %*!% since the '80s... I'm just saying.

Who was fab writing for..and I know my dude Spot been writing for ppl for about 3 yrs tops

^ There've been a lot of rumors and nothing was ever definitely confirmed so I wont pretend to know which artists for sure, but I remember when he was"Fabolous Sport" he said he had and was ghostwriting for a lot of the biggest names in rap and Clue all but said that two of them were Puff and JD.

Why would Joey need Wayne to write for him when he's been writing for himself for 14 plus years?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

you sincere?
you think Remy didn't write lean back? Pun didn't write Don Cartagena?
I think Cuban said Franky Cutlass wrote for him b4 the pun days and someone in TS (triple 6?) used to write for him in between Pun n Remy.

Now he sounds like Wayne but you have no idea why?
tired.gif

But hey, I guess he's a "legend" because his "DIRTY" $ has allowed him to buy credibility and material.

Why would Joey need Wayne to write for him when he's been writing for himself for 14 plus years?
laugh.gif

I think of Joey as somewhat of figurehead in hip-hop just for bein around this long...

BUT!!!

I can't help but think the same way he ridin' the hot guy now he's lived through the times just following the flavor of the month.Plus dude is alil too comfortable with usin the N word and braggin bout havin conflict diamonds. He needs to be little more careful with hiswords.

Back
Top Bottom