Why does some filipino guys deny that they're asian ?

roll.gif
I still remember visiting the bay area last summer
sick.gif
Jesus Christ ,Can you say Hypebeast galore ? My pinoy friends are pretty funnyand straight but their friends/friends-friends are wack
laugh.gif
. I rememberarguing with this one dark skinned chinese looking dude about how filipino are practially asian but son kept on denying and he even tried to ignore his parentwhen they show up at the party cuz they're too asian for his friends
smh.gif
laugh.gif
The girls were
pimp.gif
though. Definitely will come back to the bay area for that.

A lot of Filipinos have Chinese blood in them and Filipinos are the direct descendants of a native Chinese people. Therefore if genetics and DNA is correctthan.. Filipinos are Asians.

I'm Indonesian and I don't deny SH*T lol.

It's sad how people denies what they are just to be cool around others.

Most of them feel ashamed and/or embarrassed to be associated with Asians because Asians are generalized negatively such as a soft/nerd type.

I'm half Filipino and i could really care less if I'm counted as asian or not.

I can't stand filipinos BTW.
smh.gif
at me

philipinos think just cause they have their own island, they arent asian. They just dont like to be put in a category that has so many negative stereotypes.

Im chinese btw

Personally we're not from Asia we are from the Philippines. Thats just me. Also I'm not Oriental, theres no country called the Orient
roll.gif

Only Filipinos raised outside the Philippines who try their hardest to come up with their own identities call themselves Pacific Islanders.

You'll never hear a homegrown Filipino say "I'm a Pacific Islander."

Originally Posted by KVN

Personally we're not from Asia we are from the Philippines. Thats just me.

What continent is the Philippines a part of?

Originally Posted by HyphySole

philipinos think just cause they have their own island, they arent asian. They just dont like to be put in a category that has so many negative stereotypes.

Im chinese btw
only filipino-americans think that.. believe that..
not once in the philippines did i ever hear filipinos call themselves pacific islanders.. all asian..
Filipinos thats born over here in the USA are i wouldnt say dumb but uneducated about the philippines and just goes by the map or whatever their parents tellthem..

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Only Filipinos raised outside the Philippines who try their hardest to come up with their own identities call themselves Pacific Islanders.

You'll never hear a homegrown Filipino say "I'm a Pacific Islander."

lol i dint read your post but we said the same thing..

Originally Posted by KVN

Personally we're not from Asia we are from the Philippines. Thats just me. Also I'm not Oriental, theres no country called the Orient
roll.gif

actually the orient is a term to describe the east, specifically east asia

I'm filipino. I could careless. I don't know why people make such a big deal about it.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by overtime626

Originally Posted by KVN

roll.gif

actually the orient is a term to describe the east, specifically east asia
True - but there is no such thing as being Oriental. That's a ramen flavor, not a race.

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

A lot of Filipinos have Chinese blood in them and Filipinos are the direct descendants of a native Chinese people. Therefore if genetics and DNA is correct than.. Filipinos are Asians.

I don't really mind either way -- Asian or Pac Islander. But, you stated yourself that "a lot" of Filipinos have Chinese blood in them... not"all"... So, by your reasoning alone, what would be wrong w/ some denying being Asian? The thousands of islands don't have the same genetics andDNA -- you'll notice that Filipinos have a variety of physical traits... We all don't look like Manny Pacquiao.

I'm filipino and i say i'm asian
it's better than being called me chinese, dat s**t pisses me off but whatever
smh.gif
Life goes on
i just rank them back or my homeboys do

Originally Posted by Prodigy47

I'm filipino and i say i'm asian
it's better than being called me chinese, dat s**t pisses me off but whatever
smh.gif
Life goes on
i just rank them back or ma homeboys do

I hate that mess too yo.
A lot of ignorant people think just because your Asian your Chinese or some sh*t.

Back
Top Bottom