Why does some filipino guys deny that they're asian ?

TypeRPinoY wrote:
^for real? did you not pass 10th grade?
indifferent.gif

my high school curriculum > yours seeing as maryland educational system is amongst the best in the country.

with that said our social study curriculum went as follows.

9th grade U.S. history
10th grade National, State, & Local Government
11th grade Law
12th grade social study not required.

so please tell me under which one of those categories would I have learned why the hell they would have hispanic last names? btw im hispanic.

Originally Posted by BEATSLIM

Anyways.. they're Asian
Only in the eyes of Americans because thats how they are identified in the census and how they are grouped within society. Do you guys really think that there are people walking around Metro Manila saying "I'm not Filipino, I'm Asian." How stupid does that sound?
Ok you're filipino but you're also asian. Not Pacific Islander. So if I meet you and cant tell you're filipino I'm a call youasian not pacific islander.

^ cuz of Spanish rule in the Phillipines. Simple as that. LOL @ posting your HS resume

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

TypeRPinoY wrote:
^for real? did you not pass 10th grade?
indifferent.gif

my high school curriculum > yours seeing as maryland educational system is amongst the best in the country.

with that said our social study curriculum went as follows.

9th grade U.S. history
10th grade National, State, & Local Government
11th grade Law
12th grade social study not required.

so please tell me under which one of those categories would I have learned why the hell they would have hispanic last names? btw im hispanic.

****...please dont make me start posting degrees what kind of HS curriculum doesn't include world history?

Anyways.. they're Asian
Only in the eyes of Americans because thats how they are identified in the census and how they are grouped within society. Do you guys really think that there are people walking around Metro Manila saying "I'm not Filipino, I'm Asian." How stupid does that sound?
you're not getting it.. Asian, as in categorizing the race of the ethnicities. I think you meant to say Pacific Islander.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

what i want to know is how come some of yall or them have hispanic last names?

The Spanish ruled the philipines for a few hundred years.
(hits up wiki) thanks i didnt know that.
happy.gif

****...please dont make me start posting degrees what kind of HS curriculum doesn't include world history?
shut up

Originally Posted by PistonsNick13

Originally Posted by KVN

Personally we're not from Asia we are from the Philippines. Thats just me. Also I'm not Oriental, theres no country called the Orient
roll.gif

Well you sounded really dumb, because asian people are called that because they are from a little continent i like to call ASIA. So you tell me, is the Philippines it's own continent...yeah didn't think so ---> people from Philippines =people from Asia= Asians.
Dumbest. Argument. Ever.
laugh.gif
Seriously. From his logic, Mexicans can be calledAmericans just because Mexico is part of North America. Anyway, I'm Filipino and I consider myself Asian... but not because of that stupid logic.

As for the guy asking about why we have Spanish type last names, our country was colonized by Spain in the 1800's. So, I'm guessing their last nameswere thrust upon our people. Somebody with a better grasp of Philippine history could probably enlighten you a lot better though.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Anyways.. they're Asian
Ok you're filipino but you're also asian. Not Pacific Islander. So if I meet you and cant tell you're filipino I'm a call you asian not pacific islander.

So Osama Bin Laden is also asian? So Crux and Osama are the same race going by your logic. Again, you see how stupid that sounds?

why not ask where someone is from before you label people
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

what i want to know is how come some of yall or them have hispanic last names?

The Spanish ruled the philipines for a few hundred years.
(hits up wiki) thanks i didnt know that.
happy.gif

shut up

you're funny...happy new year

roll.gif

Some of you guys are really gettin swole over some bull!!
Who cares if they think they are Pacific Islander? Move on with life!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Originally Posted by KVN

Personally we're not from Asia we are from the Philippines. Thats just me. Also I'm not Oriental, theres no country called the Orient
roll.gif

Well you sounded really dumb, because asian people are called that because they are from a little continent i like to call ASIA. So you tell me, is the Philippines it's own continent...yeah didn't think so ---> people from Philippines =people from Asia= Asians.
Dumbest. Argument. Ever.
laugh.gif
Seriously. From his logic, Mexicans can be called Americans just because Mexico is part of North America. Anyway, I'm Filipino and I consider myself Asian... but not because of that stupid logic.

As for the guy asking about why we have Spanish type last names, our country was colonized by Spain in the 1800's. So, I'm guessing their last names were thrust upon our people. Somebody with a better grasp of Philippine history could probably enlighten you a lot better though.

add a couple hundred more years to that and you would be right

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Originally Posted by KVN

roll.gif

Dumbest. Argument. Ever.
laugh.gif
Seriously. From his logic, Mexicans can be called Americans just because Mexico is part of North America. Anyway, I'm Filipino and I consider myself Asian... but not because of that stupid logic.

As for the guy asking about why we have Spanish type last names, our country was colonized by Spain in the 1800's. So, I'm guessing their last names were thrust upon our people. Somebody with a better grasp of Philippine history could probably enlighten you a lot better though.

add a couple hundred more years to that and you would be right
Haha yeah I just realized that. I just looked up when we tried to get independence and it was in the 1890's. Woops
embarassed.gif

i wish someone would threaten my life. I stay wit a .40
conceal and carry all day. if someone threatens me..... i will have to buy a new jacket, because i will shoot right out of my pocket. i wouldn't even bringit out. Put my hand in the right pocket, aim, and bust. they never see it coming

Originally Posted by jaysonmytoes23

i wish someone would threaten my life. I stay wit a .40
conceal and carry all day. if someone threatens me..... i will have to buy a new jacket, because i will shoot right out of my pocket. i wouldn't even bring it out. Put my hand in the right pocket, aim, and bust. they never see it coming
This is so damn irrelevant. Are you okay SIR?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Anyways.. they're Asian
Ok you're filipino but you're also asian. Not Pacific Islander. So if I meet you and cant tell you're filipino I'm a call you asian not pacific islander.
So Osama Bin Laden is also asian? So Crux and Osama are the same race going by your logic. Again, you see how stupid that sounds?

why not ask where someone is from before you label people
indifferent.gif

umm no. but they are on the same continent by my logic. You're Asian. Calm down it's not as bad as it seems

^I thought about that, but I was hoping that PistonsNick wouldn't realize haha. That seemed like the only way to change his thought process. Anyway, HappyNew Year to folks on the east coast!

My Dad's Mom is chinese/filipino and his dad is filipino of spanish decent so our last name is spanish. My mother is of filipino hawaiin. Iono i guess im aasian pacific islander mexican american. LOL. I really dont care. Only "cool" filipinos try to say they arent asian and say theyre pacific islander?I guess because we're darker?

Back
Top Bottom