Why does some filipino guys deny that they're asian ?

I'm a Filipino born here in TO, and I have no problems at all being referred to as Asian (cause we are). Like the other cat who posted earlier, I get moreheated at being referred to as the standard Chinese. No disprespect to them or other Asian ethnicities, but I always felt that Filipinos are different"breed" of asian. We look different, we're built different, and we move differently.

Just like how im paki i dont say im mid east like everyone calls me. I'm south asian or indian subcontinent

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

I'm a Filipino born here in TO, and I have no problems at all being referred to as Asian (cause we are). Like the other cat who posted earlier, I get more heated at being referred to as the standard Chinese. No disprespect to them or other Asian ethnicities, but I always felt that Filipinos are different "breed" of asian. We look different, we're built different, and we move differently.
laugh.gif
rrriiiiigghhhhtt...you guys are more hardbody too right?

Originally Posted by jaysonmytoes23

i wish someone would threaten my life. I stay wit a .40
conceal and carry all day. if someone threatens me..... i will have to buy a new jacket, because i will shoot right out of my pocket. i wouldn't even bring it out. Put my hand in the right pocket, aim, and bust. they never see it coming
this is by far the lamest / obvious/ ethuggish comment in this thread
roll.gif
Of course nobody would mess with a guy who carry a gun.

round my way its the other way around

filipinos refer to themselves as asian, but chinese, korean, etc say theyre not

i remember when i went paintballing. my friend who was chinese set up the thing. in order to make even numbered teams, he said asians on one side, black,white, whatever on the other. my filipino friend walked over the the asian team and everyone was like "what the hell do you think you are doing?" andsome big argument ensued
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

i remember when in went paintballing. my friend who was chinese set up the thing. in order to make even numbered teams, he said asians on one side, black, white, whatever on the other. my filipino friend walked over the the asian team and everyone was like "what the hell do you think you are doing?" and some big argument ensued
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

To appear cooler than other asians
QFT. I'm Filipina and I was born in America...I hate when filipinos get offended when they'recalled asian. I think it's mostly Filipino-Americans that do this because it makes them sound less "asian" and separates them from Chinese,Japanese and other Asians. Get over it, we're asian. Go to the Philippines and deny that...they'll laugh in your face.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by BEATSLIM

Anyways.. they're Asian
Only in the eyes of Americans because thats how they are identified in the census and how they are grouped within society. Do you guys really think that there are people walking around Metro Manila saying "I'm not Filipino, I'm Asian." How stupid does that sound?
Ok you're filipino but you're also asian. Not Pacific Islander. So if I meet you and cant tell you're filipino I'm a call you asian not pacific islander.
So Osama Bin Laden is also asian? So Crux and Osama are the same race going by your logic. Again, you see how stupid that sounds?

why not ask where someone is from before you label people
indifferent.gif
umm no. but they are on the same continent by my logic. You're Asian. Calm down it's not as bad as it seems

So again by your logic someone born in Mexico is the same race as someone born in Canada or the United States or Jamaica
roll.gif
roll.gif

Anyways.. they're Asian
Only in the eyes of Americans because thats how they are identified in the census and how they are grouped within society. Do you guys really think that there are people walking around Metro Manila saying "I'm not Filipino, I'm Asian." How stupid does that sound?
Ok you're filipino but you're also asian. Not Pacific Islander. So if I meet you and cant tell you're filipino I'm a call you asian not pacific islander.
So Osama Bin Laden is also asian? So Crux and Osama are the same race going by your logic. Again, you see how stupid that sounds?

indifferent.gif
umm no. but they are on the same continent by my logic. You're Asian. Calm down it's not as bad as it seems

So again by your logic someone born in Mexico is the same race as someone born in Canada or the United States or Jamaica
roll.gif
roll.gif

No they're Mexican. We're America. They're Canadian. But we're all North American. Please stop your attempts at humor andintelligence disgust me.

Originally Posted by Derrock

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Only Filipinos raised outside the Philippines who try their hardest to come up with their own identities call themselves Pacific Islanders.

You'll never hear a homegrown Filipino say "I'm a Pacific Islander."
Gotta agree on that. A lot of Filipinos where I live, and I'm 100% Filipino myself.
smh.gif
at me for thinking I was Pacific Islander a couple of years ago.
Whatta bout growing up in Hawai'i? My parents were born in Philippines but raised in HI. I have alot of relatives out there and i'm thereat least once a year. They don't care if they

get called asian, but they call themselves or prefer pacific islander. The joke is that the Philippines have "drifted" from the Continent of Asia...Therefore giving the name Pacific

Islanders.
tongue.gif

Anyways.. they're Asian

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
No they're Mexican. We're America. They're Canadian. But we're all North American. Please stop your attempts at humor and intelligence disgust me.

Who call themselves North American? Thats not a race its a continent with people of different nationalities. None of which are the same. You seemto not understand the same for Asia. I'm not trying to be funny at all but when someone says a person from the Middle East and the Philippines are of thesame race makes no sense at all and makes you look stupid. This is all common sense. Someone from Japan and Korea are not the same. Someone from India andMongolia are not the same. If my intelligence disgust you then maybe you have none to begin with.

fillipinos are asian case closed
laugh.gif
I dont get why yall get mad its like you guys are ashamed to be asian thats like me looking the way I do (100%Cuban) andsaying naw Im not hispanic though im Carribean islander to the untrained eye you're asain so thats all there is to it.

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

I'm half Filipino and i could really care less if I'm counted as asian or not.

I can't stand filipinos BTW.
smh.gif
at me

I'm Korean and i can't stand Koreans.
smh.gif
at me

I think what bothers me more are Filipinos born back home (y'all know the term) that don't consider Canadian or American born cats "realFilipinos." Eff outta here.

Originally Posted by jaysonmytoes23

i wish someone would threaten my life. I stay wit a .40
conceal and carry all day. if someone threatens me..... i will have to buy a new jacket, because i will shoot right out of my pocket. i wouldn't even bring it out. Put my hand in the right pocket, aim, and bust. they never see it coming
laugh.gif

Filipinos are Asians.

Sick of hearing this arguement or whatever.

The reason why we have Spanish last names is because of the tax system or something like that, where the Spainish 'leader' of a local area loaned theirlast name to make for easier record-keeping - but don't quote me on that. Other than that, some Filipinos, although usually the upper-class and highly richhave a long family history with a lot of Spanish (from Spain) connections.. same with the Chinese-Filipinos.

Seriously lets just settle this

Ive always felt that Filipinos can be both adressed Asian and Pacific Islander

genetically, You cant rele categorize us in a way because the Philippines is so mixed, there are descendants of Chinese, Southeast Asians, Spaniards andNegritos and theyre everywhere and it has mixed up nowadays.

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

I think what bothers me more are Filipinos born back home (y'all know the term) that don't consider Canadian or American born cats "real Filipinos." Eff outta here.

Seriously, that bothers the hell out of me

Back
Top Bottom