Why does the NFL have such a problem with changing the Sunday Night game midseason?

Why is it that the NFL plans its Sunday Night Game of the Weeks before the season starts?  What is the problem with picking the game a few days/a week in advance like Major League Baseball does?  What is the problem with this?  Wouldnt being able to adjust times of games midseason help fans see the best football?

Watching the Packers-Cowboys game last night was a joke.  The NFL has to do something about this, so we dont have to watch trash games like this during primetime. 

Anyone know?

Why is it that the NFL plans its Sunday Night Game of the Weeks before the season starts?  What is the problem with picking the game a few days/a week in advance like Major League Baseball does?  What is the problem with this?  Wouldnt being able to adjust times of games midseason help fans see the best football?

Watching the Packers-Cowboys game last night was a joke.  The NFL has to do something about this, so we dont have to watch trash games like this during primetime. 

Anyone know?

dont quite understand why you dont want to watch your team ... ... ... ... what i did there, please see it ...

dont quite understand why you dont want to watch your team ... ... ... ... what i did there, please see it ...

I cant wait for this NFL Flex Scheduling to kick in. mnf matchups this year have been
sick.gif

Alright.....does anyone have any opinions about this instead of making bad jokes? If not, just lock it up.

Alright.....does anyone have any opinions about this instead of making bad jokes? If not, just lock it up.

Flex scheduling starts Week 11, but it looks like the majority of the Sunday Night games from then on out look to be pretty good.

Flex scheduling starts Week 11, but it looks like the majority of the Sunday Night games from then on out look to be pretty good.

I think the issue here is that season schedules are planned well in advanced during the off-season. I think it was last season or this season where they came out with the schedule kind of later than usual because they were trying to put the best match ups( or what they guessed would be best) during the prime time broadcasts. I think it was when Favre decided to play for the Vikes last year causing the NFL to withhold from releasing the schedule when they normally do. They wanted Favre's first game back at Lambeau to be a prime-time game.

Another reason why they cant change it is because I'm sure teams cant just change times and dates on tickets that have already been sold to season ticket holders.

I totally agree though that last nights game sucked and I was already over it before the half was over.

I think the issue here is that season schedules are planned well in advanced during the off-season. I think it was last season or this season where they came out with the schedule kind of later than usual because they were trying to put the best match ups( or what they guessed would be best) during the prime time broadcasts. I think it was when Favre decided to play for the Vikes last year causing the NFL to withhold from releasing the schedule when they normally do. They wanted Favre's first game back at Lambeau to be a prime-time game.

Another reason why they cant change it is because I'm sure teams cant just change times and dates on tickets that have already been sold to season ticket holders.

I totally agree though that last nights game sucked and I was already over it before the half was over.

Originally Posted by Tai My Js Kah

I disagree with this being a reason.....because Major League Baseball does this EVERY single week.  The Sunday Night game of the week on ESPN isnt scheduled that far in advance.  There are a ton of season ticket holders for baseball teams too, and the league has no problem changing times for games without a ton of notice.  Seems to work fine for them.  Why not for the NFL?

Originally Posted by Tai My Js Kah

I disagree with this being a reason.....because Major League Baseball does this EVERY single week.  The Sunday Night game of the week on ESPN isnt scheduled that far in advance.  There are a ton of season ticket holders for baseball teams too, and the league has no problem changing times for games without a ton of notice.  Seems to work fine for them.  Why not for the NFL?

Op stays taking subtle and not so subtle shots at the Cowboys/Cowboys fans. I guarantee thats the
real reason to this thread.

Now its a problem..when you're "forced" to watch the Cowboys.  Yea, ok.

Back
Top Bottom