Why doesn't DE LA SOUL get any love on NT???

I rarely see them mentioned in any "Favorite groups" or "Top groups" thread but their catalog can't be denied.

Show some love NT.

De%2BLa%2BSoul%2B-%2B3%2BFeet%2BHigh%2BAnd%2BRising.jpg

tumblr_kta042aczs1qzy6kx.jpg

album-cover-de-la-soul-buhloone-mindstate.jpg

De%2BLa%2BSoul%2B-%2BStakes%2BIs%2BHigh.jpg

the_grind_date_b0002wzt20.jpg

Most dudes in here aint old enough to remember when they were relevant. I try to shy away from the the threads mentionin groups and artists as the best thisand that but they def get respect in my book from their early catalog alone

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Most dudes in here aint old enough to remember when they were relevant. I try to shy away from the the threads mentionin groups and artists as the best this and that but they def get respect in my book from their early catalog alone
I feel you but I'm definitely not trying to claim them as the best anything if I gave off that vibe, I just thought that they rarelyget any appreciation whatsoever on here. But I guess you're right the younger dudes don't really care
grin.gif

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

I got a few De La Songs on my ipod..any songs u suggest I should "acquire"?
Definitely get their first 4 albums and The Grind Date. All are awesome.

what he said re: the age gap mainly.

Still, they broke ground, changed the game and still do quite well for themselves on many levels. touring, branding, etc.

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

I got a few De La Songs on my ipod..any songs u suggest I should "acquire"?
Definitely get their first 4 albums and The Grind Date. All are awesome.
ight no doubt..good looks

"itzsoweezee" is one of my favorite songs and videos of all time.

Plus I bump all of their stuff on the daily,especially Stakes Is High,since it is pretty relevant to what is going on today,just as it did in '96.

I am 28 so I pretty much remember the Native Tongue movement.

The demographic on here may only remember when De La Soul got called out by Pac and may not have given De La Soul the time of day after that,even though a lotof what De La said beforehand was right.

most of nt listens to garbage rappers, age doesn't mean anything. if you don't just blindly follow what other people like and genuinely like a genre ofmusic you will research and go back and listen to the greats from that genre. i listen to them and was born in 1990
ohwell.gif
not a huge fan of them but stakes ishigh is my favorite album of theirs.

I rock with em. I'll admit, I havent listened to them nearly enough, but I do enjoy what I've heard. I think I'm gonna go get a couple albums rightnow.

Originally Posted by calikev34

can i kick it?
pimp.gif
um no.

anyway...I've had the chorus from Ring Ring as my voicemail greeting for like 2 years
laugh.gif

^^
laugh.gif
That's funny though.

zube, makin this post you knew why they don't get no love on NT. You've been here years, you know what it is.
laugh.gif

My gripe is with 90's heads/De La fans who don't recognize The Grind Date as one of the better albums to release this past decade.

!*%@ there's a select few artist who dropped multiple good albums in the early nineties, a good one in the late nineties, and a good album in the2000's. And most of De La's albums from those time frames were great/classic.

ive never heard any of their albums...

all i know from them is me myself and i...

my older cousins wasnt bumpin de la soul...

Cus I'm only 20...
laugh.gif

I've never heard any of their albums from front to back either.
Regardless tho, I understand the impact they had, and they definitely get my respect.
pimp.gif

One of the most consistent groups of all time (maybe THE most consistent).
De La gets love from me.

Back
Top Bottom