Why Has Johnta Austin Not Blown Up?

Dood is an incredible talent, can sing, write, produce, etc. but has never gotten any shine and it seems like ive been waiting on his debut album for yearsnow. Hes written some of the biggest singles of the past 10 years (Be Without You, We Belong Together, etc.). Im just wondering if anyone knows why hes nevercame out?

the one that got away
pimp.gif

Some people just don't have "it"

I'm a fan of his...in fact I think he is a superior songwriter to Ne-yo

but he doesn't have the "it" required to be a solo star

Maybe cause he has a name no one can remember...
But on another note...

I Love this %+%$!@! song...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

thats about it...son should just stay behind the boards..

honestly, i don't think he's even that talented vocally.

he can write though. but that's it.

::

Basically what everyone else said
even the Johnta >> Ne-Yo [no hate on Ne-Yo's ability by any means tho]

but Johnta's "The One That Got Away" will forever be tough to me

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

and thats it

dude songs are just boring to me, but then when someone else sings it your like
eek.gif

he doesnt have IT

One of the best writers, his album was gonna drop but then his label got switched to Atlantic or something and then it got pushed back. I don't know whatsup with his CD. I know he still doing a lot of writing and producing tho. Album will be copped on first day if it drops

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by ZSong

this...
Co-Sign, this song gets at least one play from me everyday, i think dood makes alot of music that fits into peoples specific scenarios, like i cantotally relate to the one that got away and lost.

Turn it up was dope as well, hope dood crawls out of the behind the scenes and starts dropping some music and possibly an album. can him not coming out beattributed to working so closely to jd and so so def, i cant even remeber the last album besides bow wows that dropped on that label

Originally Posted by airjordan05

Originally Posted by ZSong

this...
Co-Sign, this song gets at least one play from me everyday, i think dood makes alot of music that fits into peoples specific scenarios, like i can totally relate to the one that got away and lost.

Turn it up was dope as well, hope dood crawls out of the behind the scenes and starts dropping some music and possibly an album. can him not coming out be attributed to working so closely to jd and so so def, i cant even remeber the last album besides bow wows that dropped on that label

That and the fact most arrangers ghost producers/songwriters and background vocalist usually dont have a great career(with the exception of neyo so far. Mostdrop like 2 or 3 cds and then go back 2 business as usually. I mean al b sure kelly price tony rich tank sean garrett uncle sam etc outta all them who hadcontinuous success other then maybe a hot cd or 2

Originally Posted by jomitm

honestly, i don't think he's even that talented vocally.

he can write though. but that's it.
He can't sing. I honestly don't like his voice at all. His songwriting ability is amazing but I can't stand to hear him sing; hestrains his voice and it comes out sounding horrible.

You don't need wow vocals to sell records. There's dudes that can sing that still sell no records. You need label push to sell records; It's deeperthan music[Rap]... Rawwwwwse!
roll.gif

J. Holiday fell of the face of the earth after It's Yours
smh.gif
. Round 2 easily had� 2 or 3 singles in it.

To the point: Is he strong vocally? no. Is he Dream bad? no
laugh.gif
. I canactually listen to Johnta's music vocally. His voice is very different though...so I could see how somebody could not like his voice.

is it weird that I like the ref. track w/him and Trey Songz? i was hoping it would be on Ready but i do like both their voices so JA and a female on the songwould be cool w/me...

Honestly, it's because he's old looking. Females don't find any appeal to him. We aren't the ones that make R&B singers blow, it's theladies.

is it weird that I like the ref. track w/him and Trey Songz? i was hoping it would be on Ready but i do like both their voices so JA and a female on the song would be cool w/me...
My First Love was hot though. It's cool if it's not blatantly for a chick...but If the singer throwing a lil extra into his voice
roll.gif
that joint hittin the recycle bin in most cases.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Honestly, it's because he's old looking. Females don't find any appeal to him. We aren't the ones that make R&B singers blow, it's the ladies.
Nah, chicks be feelin him on JD's Living The Life series on Youtube.

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

Honestly, it's because he's old looking. Females don't find any appeal to him. We aren't the ones that make R&B singers blow, it's the ladies.

I never hear anyone talk about him. I've seen some of the youtube comments, but that's it. If you really wanna blow you get the younger females tolove you. He's old. He's not Trey, he's not Chris, he doesn't have that type of appeal. He ain't even Ne-Yo.

And yeah he probably does look better than Dream, but that's not the reason Dream is in the mainstream.

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

If you really wanna blow you get the younger females to love you.
...your album gotta see the light of day
laugh.gif
. You cant blowwithout an album. All of those guys got albums.

Turn It Up was big...but why DID J Holiday get shelved after It's Yours?
grin.gif
He's my favorite R&B Artist and by far the best out in my opinion....

It seemed like he was getting enough radio play?

Back
Top Bottom