Why is Eminem garbage? Give me a GOOD reason.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Listen to The Slim Shady LP and Recovery. It is like night and day.

Truth.

I am not hating on Em either.  I loved dudes first two albums.  Now its not like they are super wack, but just not what I feel he is (was) capable of.  That singing stuff on Recovery is annoying as well.  I only really mess with 3 songs off it.  I've always said that Em kills it on the features mostly, but he cannot consistenly make great (even good sometimes) albums.  That to me makes him a great rapper, even great MC not a truly great artist.  But I purchase CDs from great artists.

Only an opinion though, don't kill me on the web y'all
roll.gif

Encore and Relapse were awful but I don't see how people can hate on Recovery.... or TES.

The only song I can say I honestly skip is WTP. I skip So Bad sometimes... but I can still play Recovery the whole way through.

Yes I'm white, but I've been listening to Rap/Hip Hop since I was a kid and don't think Em appeals to me just because he is white.

Recovery is better than anything to come out this year IMHO. Maybe it hits closer to home for me, because for the most part there seems to be a theme of coming out of a dark place, and moving on in life and not looking back. Em's verse on No Love is still
eek.gif
every time I hear it. I can see where his subject matter on Relapse was awful, but for the most part on Recovery it's solid

You can say that same thing about a lot of artists... all Ross/Clipse rap about is selling cocaine. Wiz Khalifia and Currency just rap about weed. Jay for the most part about being successful.

Playing Renegade the other day driving home.... Em's verses are still to this day
eek.gif

Encore and Relapse were awful but I don't see how people can hate on Recovery.... or TES.

The only song I can say I honestly skip is WTP. I skip So Bad sometimes... but I can still play Recovery the whole way through.

Yes I'm white, but I've been listening to Rap/Hip Hop since I was a kid and don't think Em appeals to me just because he is white.

Recovery is better than anything to come out this year IMHO. Maybe it hits closer to home for me, because for the most part there seems to be a theme of coming out of a dark place, and moving on in life and not looking back. Em's verse on No Love is still
eek.gif
every time I hear it. I can see where his subject matter on Relapse was awful, but for the most part on Recovery it's solid

You can say that same thing about a lot of artists... all Ross/Clipse rap about is selling cocaine. Wiz Khalifia and Currency just rap about weed. Jay for the most part about being successful.

Playing Renegade the other day driving home.... Em's verses are still to this day
eek.gif

And I'll go to say, sure Em's music may not be for everyone, but his talent as a rapper is great.

Theres a huge difference between being a good rapper and making good music.

I got into an argument with my friend, who, as far as rap is concerned probably knows more than anyone I know in real life. He was trying to tell me as far as the new school goes, Cudi > J.Cole

I said I'll agree Cudi may make better music, but J. Cole is more talented as a rapper. I LOVE both Kanye and Cudi as far as their music goes, but wouldn't rate either of them top 20 when it comes to rapping ability.

And I'll go to say, sure Em's music may not be for everyone, but his talent as a rapper is great.

I got into an argument with my friend, who, as far as rap is concerned probably knows more than anyone I know in real life. He was trying to tell me as far as the new school goes, Cudi > J.Cole

I said I'll agree Cudi may make better music, but J. Cole is more talented as a rapper. I LOVE both Kanye and Cudi as far as their music goes, but wouldn't rate either of them top 20 when it comes to rapping ability.

Eminem's technical ability is incredible, he's an excellent rapper. But his MUSIC just doesn't appeal to me. Like people have said, I don't feel like there's much replay value, and it is hard to relate to his music to the same degree as others.

Eminem's technical ability is incredible, he's an excellent rapper. But his MUSIC just doesn't appeal to me. Like people have said, I don't feel like there's much replay value, and it is hard to relate to his music to the same degree as others.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I said I'll agree Cudi may make better music, but J. Cole is more talented as a rapper. I LOVE both Kanye and Cudi as far as their music goes, but wouldn't rate either of them top 20 when it comes to rapping ability

isnt that what it's about tho? this is music... alot of people can rap but cant make good music... rapping ability shouldnt be the first thing anyone looks for... it should just be the overall sound and feel of the music...

labels should sign good artists (cudi) not good rappers (j cole)

hasnt j cole been signed longer than cudi? cudi is getting ready to release his 2nd album and j cole is struggling to get his debut out... who would u rather be?

I said I'll agree Cudi may make better music, but J. Cole is more talented as a rapper. I LOVE both Kanye and Cudi as far as their music goes, but wouldn't rate either of them top 20 when it comes to rapping ability

isnt that what it's about tho? this is music... alot of people can rap but cant make good music... rapping ability shouldnt be the first thing anyone looks for... it should just be the overall sound and feel of the music...

hasnt j cole been signed longer than cudi? cudi is getting ready to release his 2nd album and j cole is struggling to get his debut out... who would u rather be?

DipsetGeneral wrote:

Subject matter of some songs is really AYO. Only rapper that can talk about stuff like that besides Adam Lambert.

Word? Lambert raps?...

eminem is not garbage as a rapper but he is kinda falling off. personally i feel he's branching out too mainstream sometimes and the whole track with rihanna is not like him at all he shuld just stick to the tim westwood em and stay on his ****oo crazy stuff cuz him talking about baby i miss u and all of this is not flyin right. despicable shows you he's still nice but we need more to knock to by him dr dre needs to od on some beats and let em ripp them

eminem is not garbage as a rapper but he is kinda falling off. personally i feel he's branching out too mainstream sometimes and the whole track with rihanna is not like him at all he shuld just stick to the tim westwood em and stay on his ****oo crazy stuff cuz him talking about baby i miss u and all of this is not flyin right. despicable shows you he's still nice but we need more to knock to by him dr dre needs to od on some beats and let em ripp them

I agree his music as of late has not been anything to go grazy for, but dude is established. When you have won grammys, oscars, and any other prestigious award thru out your career, then i guess you have a right to fall off if you choose
laugh.gif

I agree his music as of late has not been anything to go grazy for, but dude is established. When you have won grammys, oscars, and any other prestigious award thru out your career, then i guess you have a right to fall off if you choose
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

and yet i find threads on this board doggin' soulja boy, bow wow...

to the "general" public, em puts out not only good music, but lyrically he shines too.

again, you cannot appeal to everyone. em reaches enough

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

and yet i find threads on this board doggin' soulja boy, bow wow...

to the "general" public, em puts out not only good music, but lyrically he shines too.

again, you cannot appeal to everyone. em reaches enough

The music still sucks to me but a million kids will buy the album so it obviously ain't garbage to everyone...but I thought the thread was about explaining why ppl think he's garbage...

The music still sucks to me but a million kids will buy the album so it obviously ain't garbage to everyone...but I thought the thread was about explaining why ppl think he's garbage...

Originally Posted by lyrikill

Originally Posted by lyrikill

I like Em's style man. I'm not too crazy about the last album but 'Slim Shady' era Em was my $+!!$. His rhyming ability itself is enough to marvel over IMO....and all the weird @+@% he raps about is at least honest in his reality.

I like Em's style man. I'm not too crazy about the last album but 'Slim Shady' era Em was my $+!!$. His rhyming ability itself is enough to marvel over IMO....and all the weird @+@% he raps about is at least honest in his reality.

Originally Posted by arff23

DipsetGeneral wrote:

Subject matter of some songs is really AYO. Only rapper that can talk about stuff like that besides Adam Lambert.

Word? Lambert raps?...
Edit: The only other musician that can talk about stuff like that is Adam Lambert.

Originally Posted by arff23

DipsetGeneral wrote:

Word? Lambert raps?...
Edit: The only other musician that can talk about stuff like that is Adam Lambert.

Originally Posted by acidicality

/thread

Back
Top Bottom