Why is Green Bay getting so much love?

Cris Collinsworth just said they could be the 2nd best team in the NFC.

Ummm
Vikings?
Giants?
Cowboys?
Eagles?

Are they really even better than ATL or N.O.?

They went 6-10 last year and now people are picking them to go to the Super Bowl?

They're vastly overrated. They do have the chance to be the 2nd best team in the NFC, but that's if their defense can play as well as their offense. Atransition to a 3-4 defense is harder than it seems.

Well it seems like a random team recently as gotten to the super bowl from the NFC. I think they will definitly win that division and have a good a shot asanybody at the super bowl from the NFC.

Plus, Aaron Rodgers is that dude.

I was wondering the same thing.

Since when is this a Super Bowl team?
laugh.gif

Aaron Rodgers throwing for 5,000+ yards?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J0E HUSTLE

I'd be SHOCKED if they win the division over Minnesota.
Why would you be so SHOCKED?

There defense got better from last year, if they can make the switch to 3-4 they'll be really good. Grant is healthy. Rodgers second year in the offense.

I'd take them over Cowboys, Vikings, Atlanta, New Orleans

their record is not a good gauge of how good they really are. They lost a lot of CLOSE games last year. It's the sexy pick, people were saying the samething about the saints when they barely were .500 team a couple seasons ago. They have a lights out offense.

I'll be surprised if Minnesota even makes the playoffs. I see them finishing behind both Green Bay and Chicago.

Minnesota is not that good. They do not have a passing game. You put 8 in the box and force Favre to throw they will not win games. @%!+, Cleveland made itcompetitive for most of the game and Cleveland is awful. If they have to rely on 180 yards from AD every game that is not a good sign.

Originally Posted by JD617

I'll be surprised if Minnesota even makes the playoffs. I see them finishing behind both Green Bay and Chicago.

seriously? i think the viks are by far the best team in that division, with the pack 2nd and the rest a crap shoot.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Dom Capers
pimp.gif

+ a top 5 offense.

Defense gets turned around and Packers will make major noise. We'll see though... I don't really like how the expectations have gotten so high...seems like everyone has Rodgers as their NFC POY and the team going to the NFCCG or better. Tryin to jynx it or something.

But there is no reason we shouldnt finish with less than 10 wins.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

seriously? i think the viks are by far the best team in that division, with the pack 2nd and the rest a crap shoot.

Sooo you're telling me that Minny is FAR better than GB... and that its a toss up between Chicago and Detroit???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yikes.

I disagree with that. Vikings looked awfully impressive today even if they faced the browns. AD is just
sick.gif

Along with favre passing the ball... I just don't see how they're not gonna win the division
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

I disagree with that. Vikings looked awfully impressive today even if they faced the browns. AD is just
sick.gif

Along with favre passing the ball... I just don't see how they're not gonna win the division
tired.gif

The only passing Favre does is to the other team.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Sooo you're telling me that Minny is FAR better than GB... and that its a toss up between Chicago and Detroit???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yikes.

yep. thats EXACTLY what im saying, shiiiiiiiiiii lions prolly' win 10 games at least

eyes.gif

Anyway. The bears are not in contending $$%+ in that division. HTH

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yikes.

yep. thats EXACTLY what im saying, shiiiiiiiiiii lions prolly' win 10 games at least

eyes.gif

Anyway. The bears are not in contending $$%+ in that division. HTH
We'll see about that.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Minnesota is not that good. They do not have a passing game. You put 8 in the box and force Favre to throw they will not win games. @%!+, Cleveland made it competitive for most of the game and Cleveland is awful. If they have to rely on 180 yards from AD every game that is not a good sign.

You're an idiot. Get a clue.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Minnesota is not that good. They do not have a passing game. You put 8 in the box and force Favre to throw they will not win games. @%!+, Cleveland made it competitive for most of the game and Cleveland is awful. If they have to rely on 180 yards from AD every game that is not a good sign.

You're an idiot. Get a clue.

You Mad???

You have no idea what you're talking about airmaxpenny....did you even watch the Vikes/Browns game?

The only reason we didn't win that game by the score of 34-13 was because our second stringers were in during the majority of that 4th quarter going upagainst Cleveland's first stringers. The offensive TD they got while our backups were in was their only offensive TD the whole game. Their only other TDcame when Cribbs took it to the house.

Our defense is top 5 in the league
Our rush defense is #1 in the league
Our RB is the best in the NFL

And you keep linking Favre and interceptions together....

Did you know Favre has yet to throw an interception with the Vikings? He hasn't thrown one in the preseason and he didn't throw one today. That'swhat we need him to be....a guy that can just manage the game and come in and limit his mistakes. Am I saying that he won't make his fair share of mistakesduring the season? Absolutely not. But as of today he did what we needed him to do. Stop hating for no reason.

I'll wait and see because you won't always have AP going off...

Once Favre has to drive the team and be in pressure situations we can see but for now I'll take the Pack

not sure why OP, but i was looking at fox nfl fox pregame show this morning and someone (think terry bradshaw and Howie Long) had them as superbowl winners. Iwas like huh? Rodgers really jesus? anyway Vikings will Bolt all over them

grin.gif
2nd best? Only if they D can bring it and they can manufacture a running game cuz ryan grant for damn sure isn't the answer...but they willcontend....that D jus needs to bring it...and as for Minn, they mad people nervous w/o a qb, now u add Farve to the mix, AP, Taylor, Harvin, and that D?
tired.gif
....they are good...could be dominant

Your coach is Brad Childress. Your QB is Brett Favre. That is a recipe for disaster no matter how good your D or run game is man.

Back
Top Bottom