Will the NBA ever have another Blue Collar Champion like DET?

In lieu of all the mega moves taking place in the NBA, I just wanna know one thing. Will there ever be another team like DET that won it all without certifiable "Star Power"? Not one player on that team was top 5 at his position TALENT wise except Maybe Sheed...maaaaaaaaaybe........ and Sheed has never really played up to his talent/potential. Just something to think about..

(I'm sitting here trying to thing of 4 PGs better than Chauncey at the time... I'm not sure I can... but you still get my point. Let's see... Kidd, Nash, AI...who else? Yeah, I said AI
pimp.gif
)

In lieu of all the mega moves taking place in the NBA, I just wanna know one thing. Will there ever be another team like DET that won it all without certifiable "Star Power"? Not one player on that team was top 5 at his position TALENT wise except Maybe Sheed...maaaaaaaaaybe........ and Sheed has never really played up to his talent/potential. Just something to think about..

(I'm sitting here trying to thing of 4 PGs better than Chauncey at the time... I'm not sure I can... but you still get my point. Let's see... Kidd, Nash, AI...who else? Yeah, I said AI
pimp.gif
)

There were guys in the NBA who had higher APG totals and were more flashy, but don't be fooled....Billups was a top 5 PG in 2004.

You're also forgetting about the defensive presence of Ben Wallace...who IMO was EASILY a top-5 center in the NBA at the time...

That team was balanced as +@#+....

Rip, Tayshaun Prince, Okur, Sheed, etc....

There were guys in the NBA who had higher APG totals and were more flashy, but don't be fooled....Billups was a top 5 PG in 2004.

You're also forgetting about the defensive presence of Ben Wallace...who IMO was EASILY a top-5 center in the NBA at the time...

That team was balanced as +@#+....

Rip, Tayshaun Prince, Okur, Sheed, etc....

For 1, Billups was top 5 at that point in his career.
Also, I see Boston as a 'blue collar' style team. Gritty play, with no actual 'mega star'.

For 1, Billups was top 5 at that point in his career.
Also, I see Boston as a 'blue collar' style team. Gritty play, with no actual 'mega star'.

I dont think we will ever see another team like this

At that time Chauncey was a Top 2 PG 

They had 3 players that were at arguably top 2 defenders in the league at their positions. Tay, Sheed, and Ben. ( Ben arguably the best of the decade) and Chauncey was a very good defender also. Then you have your 1 and 2 guards at about 18 and 20 ppg.

Rip still has 18 a game in him
pimp.gif
 I hope he goes somewhere that will utilize him.

I dont think we will ever see another team like this

At that time Chauncey was a Top 2 PG 

They had 3 players that were at arguably top 2 defenders in the league at their positions. Tay, Sheed, and Ben. ( Ben arguably the best of the decade) and Chauncey was a very good defender also. Then you have your 1 and 2 guards at about 18 and 20 ppg.

Rip still has 18 a game in him
pimp.gif
 I hope he goes somewhere that will utilize him.

Yup I agree with the comments. Sure they had no huge mega stars (like most NBA champs) but they certainly were not as blue collar as people made them out to be. They were that rare team in this day and age that had like, what, five all star starters? With the cap and FA it's rare to have such talent at all five starting spots....talent that also meshed together.

Yup I agree with the comments. Sure they had no huge mega stars (like most NBA champs) but they certainly were not as blue collar as people made them out to be. They were that rare team in this day and age that had like, what, five all star starters? With the cap and FA it's rare to have such talent at all five starting spots....talent that also meshed together.

The magic will win a title!!! and they will be considered a blue collar team cuz they wear blue away jerseys
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
KIDDING.....but yea that 04 piston team were beasts. They did the unimaginable beating the star studded lakers that year.

The magic will win a title!!! and they will be considered a blue collar team cuz they wear blue away jerseys
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
KIDDING.....but yea that 04 piston team were beasts. They did the unimaginable beating the star studded lakers that year.

It's cool and all...but I still maintain that they won that series because of the turmoil within the Lakers.

You could just see that there were problems that went beyond basketball throughout that entire series.

It's cool and all...but I still maintain that they won that series because of the turmoil within the Lakers.

You could just see that there were problems that went beyond basketball throughout that entire series.

Who REALLY considered Billups tops back THEN tho.. it was only later that he solidified that notion...right?

I never felt LA was "beaten"... by DET or BOS... they just lost. I feel they did themselves in both times.

This Bucks team will be considered a Blue Collar Champion when they win it this year or next.  Bogut, Jennings, Salmons, Illyasova Mbah a Moute, Delfino, Gooden, CDR, Sanders, Maggette... 

Who REALLY considered Billups tops back THEN tho.. it was only later that he solidified that notion...right?

I never felt LA was "beaten"... by DET or BOS... they just lost. I feel they did themselves in both times.

This Bucks team will be considered a Blue Collar Champion when they win it this year or next.  Bogut, Jennings, Salmons, Illyasova Mbah a Moute, Delfino, Gooden, CDR, Sanders, Maggette... 

And another thing, BOS is only "sorta like" DET. BOS started 4 future HOF in their title run... that's waaaaaaaaay different. I feel like DET MADE Tay, Rip, and Ben... but I'd put none of them in the Hall. Ben might deserve it for the defense, but that's a stretch too. DET truly was a blue collar get'er done ++! team.

Back
Top Bottom