Will the NBA ever have another Blue Collar Champion like DET?

Wow NT is saying good things about Detroit???? I thought everyone (besides fans that like defense) hated the Spurs Detroit series.

Wow NT is saying good things about Detroit???? I thought everyone (besides fans that like defense) hated the Spurs Detroit series.

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Ben Wallace was a top 5 center at the time. Billups though...was NOT a top-5 PG. He was an under-the-radar scoring guard at that point in his career, similar to Jason Terry's early days w/ the Mavs or Mo Williams w/ the Bucks. It wasn't until after the Finals that he became more of a passer and started becoming one of the best PGs in the league. Kidd, Nash, Marbury, Baron, and even Francis were considered ahead of him at the time. And I know Francis gets a lot of hate for being a ball-stopper but his scoring potential was legit

That was a fun team to watch though. They played a boring style but they made it look fun; plus the atmosphere in the Palace was always great.

That's what I've been getting at...  even if he WAS doing that stuff before then, it was so under the radar on most people's grids that his reputation hadn't gotten to the point where it is now.

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Ben Wallace was a top 5 center at the time. Billups though...was NOT a top-5 PG. He was an under-the-radar scoring guard at that point in his career, similar to Jason Terry's early days w/ the Mavs or Mo Williams w/ the Bucks. It wasn't until after the Finals that he became more of a passer and started becoming one of the best PGs in the league. Kidd, Nash, Marbury, Baron, and even Francis were considered ahead of him at the time. And I know Francis gets a lot of hate for being a ball-stopper but his scoring potential was legit

That was a fun team to watch though. They played a boring style but they made it look fun; plus the atmosphere in the Palace was always great.

That's what I've been getting at...  even if he WAS doing that stuff before then, it was so under the radar on most people's grids that his reputation hadn't gotten to the point where it is now.

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

Best series of the decade! No prima donna drama. Just straight defensive basketball!

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

Best series of the decade! No prima donna drama. Just straight defensive basketball!

Back
Top Bottom