Will you vote for Resident Obama in 2012?

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

NT would heavily vote for Lil B if possible.

indifferent.gif

Spoiler [+]
image.png

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by INshoeKid

Essential1-that's the issue tax breaks aren't needed. I have an accountant that can get me our of paying taxes without the breaks, last year I didnt pay a dime in taxes and made a decent 6 figure salary. As far as estate goes last thing I was told is we will be paying over 40 percent taxes on what my family has worked their entire life to build. Will we work it out so this doesn't happen, of course. But there is no reason to have to find loop holes. I know plent of wealthy of people that would still spend the same amount of money whether the sales tax was 7% or 15%. So get rid of income tax and raise sales tax to a number so those that spend money have to cover the costs. I know if sales tax was 20% it wouldn't change my life style and I'd actually be paying in taxes rather than finding tax shelters and loop holes to avoid taxes. Giving 600 to everyone in the country does no good.

My family owns a construction company that ripped up a road that we paved 3 years ago, because the state had extra stimulus money to spend. Are you telling me that the stimulus money is going to good use? If you are then you are out of the loop of what is actually going on with this stimulus money.
I see were your argument is... you make it clear in the second paragraph. But to increase the sales tax would be a strict burden on small businesses as we'll watch them disappear into the night while Wal-Mart, Target would run away with the funds and end up finding loopholes that you found within the tax code to not pay taxes on anything, which would shut down state processes, which would put your family out of business as there wont be anymore money to pay for roads you built, while watching kids walk on grass to school (as i did as a lil child) while finding the world in a total mess.  

Originally Posted by INshoeKid

Essential1-that's the issue tax breaks aren't needed. I have an accountant that can get me our of paying taxes without the breaks, last year I didnt pay a dime in taxes and made a decent 6 figure salary. As far as estate goes last thing I was told is we will be paying over 40 percent taxes on what my family has worked their entire life to build. Will we work it out so this doesn't happen, of course. But there is no reason to have to find loop holes. I know plent of wealthy of people that would still spend the same amount of money whether the sales tax was 7% or 15%. So get rid of income tax and raise sales tax to a number so those that spend money have to cover the costs. I know if sales tax was 20% it wouldn't change my life style and I'd actually be paying in taxes rather than finding tax shelters and loop holes to avoid taxes. Giving 600 to everyone in the country does no good.

My family owns a construction company that ripped up a road that we paved 3 years ago, because the state had extra stimulus money to spend. Are you telling me that the stimulus money is going to good use? If you are then you are out of the loop of what is actually going on with this stimulus money.
I see were your argument is... you make it clear in the second paragraph. But to increase the sales tax would be a strict burden on small businesses as we'll watch them disappear into the night while Wal-Mart, Target would run away with the funds and end up finding loopholes that you found within the tax code to not pay taxes on anything, which would shut down state processes, which would put your family out of business as there wont be anymore money to pay for roads you built, while watching kids walk on grass to school (as i did as a lil child) while finding the world in a total mess.  

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Please tell me what he has done that he promised?  He only got the gay/military issue done, but
I don't think you were getting the point..

The question posed was what has he done that he has promised... He has to get it 100% the way he said in the campaign for it to count?  THat is setting an impossible standard...  Because in that case there has never been a president to succeed at anything...

Please tell me what he has done that he promised?  He only got the gay/military issue done, but

The question posed was what has he done that he has promised... He has to get it 100% the way he said in the campaign for it to count?  THat is setting an impossible standard...  Because in that case there has never been a president to succeed at anything...

understandable, but what did he not promise in the election? He promised a single payer system... nothing close
he promised the close of gitmo... No vacancy

but i understand, I am trying to see what his campaign slogan will be for 2012 because he cannot promise change only to walk the aisles in the chambers 

understandable, but what did he not promise in the election? He promised a single payer system... nothing close
he promised the close of gitmo... No vacancy

but i understand, I am trying to see what his campaign slogan will be for 2012 because he cannot promise change only to walk the aisles in the chambers 

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by franchise3

Wait, you mean he wants to end a Central Banking system that has been robbing the American people for 100 years? He wants to end a system that funnels money to a small group of individuals? He wants to get out of a organization that orders the U.S. military what to do?

Yeah....Looney tune.

Keep on voting for murders and Wall St. puppets.

RON PAUL 2012, 2016, 2020, to infinity and beyond
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wait, you mean he wants to end a Central Banking system that has been robbing the American people for 100 years? He wants to end a system that funnels money to a small group of individuals? He wants to get out of a organization that orders the U.S. military what to do?

Yeah....Looney tune.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I disagree. People would start spending money on what they need rather than what they want. The wealthy would keep spending money like they want their Ferrari/Lamborghini would cost them An extra 40k. The people I know with exotics would buy them even more often because they are even more exclusive. People would buy cars they could afford, homes they could afford, clothing they could afford; rather than what they think they need. Prices for housing would come back to normal and the economy could stabilize. My uncle is a VP at experian credit, and told me 90% of the costs are becuse of the people who spend more then they can afford and fall behind on payments and lose their goods. Bankruptcy laws are a joke and cause corporate america to raise the cost of all goods. Sorry for all my spelling errors, I hate typing in my IPad. But I'm on an flight right now and it's all I can use

I disagree. People would start spending money on what they need rather than what they want. The wealthy would keep spending money like they want their Ferrari/Lamborghini would cost them An extra 40k. The people I know with exotics would buy them even more often because they are even more exclusive. People would buy cars they could afford, homes they could afford, clothing they could afford; rather than what they think they need. Prices for housing would come back to normal and the economy could stabilize. My uncle is a VP at experian credit, and told me 90% of the costs are becuse of the people who spend more then they can afford and fall behind on payments and lose their goods. Bankruptcy laws are a joke and cause corporate america to raise the cost of all goods. Sorry for all my spelling errors, I hate typing in my IPad. But I'm on an flight right now and it's all I can use

Please tell me what he has done that he promised?  He only got the gay/military issue done, but that is about it.
We voted in a liberal and got a conservative
alien.gif

Credit Card Bill of Rights
Stimulus
Health Care Reform (like or dislike it, Democrat after Democrat has failed with it)
Student Loan Reform
Expanded Hate Crimes Bill
Start Treaty
Withdrawal of Combat Troops in Iraq
Equal Pay Laws
Funding Stem Cell Research
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell
Increased funding in NASA
Head Start Program for Public Schooling
Diplomacy toward Middle East/Central Asia countries
Lifted some economic restrictions that were placed on Cuba during the Cold War, which also allowed people to visit their families
Consumer Protection Bureau
Extended benefits to same-sex couples that traditionally were only offered to heterosexual couples
Increased requirements on fuel economy for car manufacturers by 2016
Children's Health Reauthorization Act
Increased funding for scientific research and development through the stimulus
Cuts to defense budget (on the recomendation of Sec. Gates)
Expansion of Medicare (requirements now include those up to 133% above federal poverty level)

I may think he acts like a push over, and acts Center Right, but at the same time, I am not foolish enough to say he hasn't done anything he promised.

Credit Card Bill of Rights= promised a lot more, and ended up giving credit card companies too many rights, so nothing really changed. you still see the fine print, also made credit card interest rates increase. ignored elizabeth warren when asked about her feedback. 
Stimulus=has proven to not provide much help. govt contracts go to few if not only 5 or 6 firms within every region that was already employed. so that money is being saved, or reinvested in wallstreet (see construction stocks)

Health Care Reform = had an opportunity to produce a very progessive health care system only to provide much to do about nothing. premiums are still up, deductibles still up so not much happened. things will happen in 2014, a bit too late

Student Loan Reform =
all the government did (which was pretty stupid) was buy loans from banks and then turn around and re-sell them back to the banks. if you default on a student loan, the govt isnt coming for you, the banks are

Expanded Hate Crimes Bill = not really an expansion, but didn't really include anything worth while the supreme court wouldnt throw out anyways

Start Treaty = republican owned (read: Bush Sr.)

Withdrawal of Combat Troops in Iraq = only to reposition and announce a continued war in Afghanistan 
laugh.gif

Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell
Lifted some economic restrictions that were placed on Cuba during the Cold War, which also allowed people to visit their families
Extended benefits to same-sex couples that traditionally were only offered to heterosexual couples
Expansion of Medicare (requirements now include those up to 133% above federal poverty level)

not enough time in the world to let you know what really happened, but the defense budget wasn't cut ENOUGH, what a couple bill 
laugh.gif

And this was done with a republican congress. At the en Obama's undoing is not himself but the fact that the democratic party is a bunch of *******.  People cry for change but as soon as they hear the latest headline they dont want to change. People need to understand all the things you want will cost money. But no one wants to get taxed. He got us out of the second worst financial crisis in american history, one that was partly to blame if not entirely on the person before him who was given a second term, yet he does not deserve one.

Please tell me what he has done that he promised?  He only got the gay/military issue done, but that is about it.
alien.gif

Stimulus
Health Care Reform (like or dislike it, Democrat after Democrat has failed with it)
Student Loan Reform
Start Treaty
Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell

I may think he acts like a push over, and acts Center Right, but at the same time, I am not foolish enough to say he hasn't done anything he promised.

Credit Card Bill of Rights= promised a lot more, and ended up giving credit card companies too many rights, so nothing really changed. you still see the fine print, also made credit card interest rates increase. ignored elizabeth warren when asked about her feedback. 
Stimulus=has proven to not provide much help. govt contracts go to few if not only 5 or 6 firms within every region that was already employed. so that money is being saved, or reinvested in wallstreet (see construction stocks)

Health Care Reform = had an opportunity to produce a very progessive health care system only to provide much to do about nothing. premiums are still up, deductibles still up so not much happened. things will happen in 2014, a bit too late

Student Loan Reform =
all the government did (which was pretty stupid) was buy loans from banks and then turn around and re-sell them back to the banks. if you default on a student loan, the govt isnt coming for you, the banks are

Expanded Hate Crimes Bill = not really an expansion, but didn't really include anything worth while the supreme court wouldnt throw out anyways

Withdrawal of Combat Troops in Iraq = only to reposition and announce a continued war in Afghanistan 
laugh.gif

Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell

not enough time in the world to let you know what really happened, but the defense budget wasn't cut ENOUGH, what a couple bill 
laugh.gif

And this was done with a republican congress. At the en Obama's undoing is not himself but the fact that the democratic party is a bunch of *******.  People cry for change but as soon as they hear the latest headline they dont want to change. People need to understand all the things you want will cost money. But no one wants to get taxed. He got us out of the second worst financial crisis in american history, one that was partly to blame if not entirely on the person before him who was given a second term, yet he does not deserve one.

ogskizzel wrote:
really? has he done anything he promised to do?
at least look at the news once a month before you ask a stupid question..

As for the original question... yes...  begrudgingly...

But even though I'm in NY and my vote means squat because he will carry my state.. I need to do whatever I legally can to make sure one of these current batch of republicans don't become president.
alien.gif

http://politifact.com/tru...meter/promises/obameter/

alien.gif

ogskizzel wrote:
really? has he done anything he promised to do?
at least look at the news once a month before you ask a stupid question..

As for the original question... yes...  begrudgingly...

But even though I'm in NY and my vote means squat because he will carry my state.. I need to do whatever I legally can to make sure one of these current batch of republicans don't become president.
alien.gif

http://politifact.com/tru...meter/promises/obameter/

alien.gif

Ron Paul wants the US to end paper money, and go to a gold standard. Dude wants us out of the UN. Among many other loony tune things.

Yeah....Looney tune.

pimp.gif
not sure if the last comment is supposed to be sarcastic or you're actually coming around but...
fiat currency blows

nom de guerre wrote:
Im tired of arguing with white dudes over the internet 
tired.gif

Im tired of arguing with black dudes over the internet
tired.gif

inb4that'sracist

Ron Paul wants the US to end paper money, and go to a gold standard. Dude wants us out of the UN. Among many other loony tune things.

Yeah....Looney tune.

pimp.gif
not sure if the last comment is supposed to be sarcastic or you're actually coming around but...
fiat currency blows

nom de guerre wrote:
Im tired of arguing with white dudes over the internet 
tired.gif

Im tired of arguing with black dudes over the internet
tired.gif

inb4that'sracist

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

Stimulus
Student Loan Reform
Start Treaty
Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell

Student Loan Reform =

laugh.gif

Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell

laugh.gif

Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell

Increased funding for scientific research and development through the stimulus - we never got the "green" jobs we were supposed to
Cuts to defense budget (on the recomendation of Sec. Gates) - we can cut all we want, but we are still over there
Expansion of Medicare (requirements now include those up to 133% above federal poverty level) - not his fault but the new budget will probably cut it
Diplomacy toward Middle East/Central Asia countries - I know Libya is in Africa, but I think we should have shown diplomacy there before we invaded.  It probably would have been good to have consulted Congress before pushing his Executive Powers to the limit.

Other issues:
-Gitmo is still open
-Failed to look into the Bush administration for war crimes
-Continuation of Bush tax cuts
-Okays offshore drilling
-Exempts comapnies like GE from new environmental safety regulations
-Hasn't addressed immigration reform
-Has GE's Immelt to advise him on job creation when they are shipping more jobs abroad and use all the loopholes to pay less taxes than all the member of NT combined (exaggeration, but they find all the tax loopholes - it is legal, but "just does seem right")
-Lack of leadership on the budget and labor union problems (I guess it is a state's problem, but I think he should have done/said something forceful)

wheredeydothat
I guess I should have been more precise in my words, but imo, most people voted him in to stop the war and create universal healthcare.  The healthcare plan looks more like an expansion of Medicare/Medicaid which is fine, but he shouldn't have run on the universal idea.

Your link also proves my point: He has 151compromises/broken/stalled compared to 134 promises kept.  That's not to mention the 200 in the works.  He's not going to get nothing done now; he had an opportunity when we had control of the House and Senate. 

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

Stimulus
Student Loan Reform
Start Treaty
Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell

Student Loan Reform =

laugh.gif

Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell

laugh.gif

Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell

Increased funding for scientific research and development through the stimulus - we never got the "green" jobs we were supposed to
Cuts to defense budget (on the recomendation of Sec. Gates) - we can cut all we want, but we are still over there
Expansion of Medicare (requirements now include those up to 133% above federal poverty level) - not his fault but the new budget will probably cut it
Diplomacy toward Middle East/Central Asia countries - I know Libya is in Africa, but I think we should have shown diplomacy there before we invaded.  It probably would have been good to have consulted Congress before pushing his Executive Powers to the limit.

Other issues:
-Gitmo is still open
-Failed to look into the Bush administration for war crimes
-Continuation of Bush tax cuts
-Okays offshore drilling
-Exempts comapnies like GE from new environmental safety regulations
-Hasn't addressed immigration reform
-Has GE's Immelt to advise him on job creation when they are shipping more jobs abroad and use all the loopholes to pay less taxes than all the member of NT combined (exaggeration, but they find all the tax loopholes - it is legal, but "just does seem right")
-Lack of leadership on the budget and labor union problems (I guess it is a state's problem, but I think he should have done/said something forceful)

wheredeydothat
I guess I should have been more precise in my words, but imo, most people voted him in to stop the war and create universal healthcare.  The healthcare plan looks more like an expansion of Medicare/Medicaid which is fine, but he shouldn't have run on the universal idea.

Your link also proves my point: He has 151compromises/broken/stalled compared to 134 promises kept.  That's not to mention the 200 in the works.  He's not going to get nothing done now; he had an opportunity when we had control of the House and Senate. 

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

millionaires.png

firedept.png

bornmordor.png

muslimjesus.png

roll.gif
, these are real tea party platforms

my ONLY issue with obama is that we put him in the presidency with a majority in the house and senate...

and they were bending over backwards for republican support...

bruh, we elected you and gave you the keys to the country and you aint turn the keys in the ignition because you were BEGGING republicans for their permission....

now they're campaigning all "we have to get control back....we have to go vote...its not over yet"

eyes.gif

what you need majorites for? to beg the minority for permission?

roll.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

millionaires.png

firedept.png

bornmordor.png

muslimjesus.png

roll.gif
, these are real tea party platforms

my ONLY issue with obama is that we put him in the presidency with a majority in the house and senate...

and they were bending over backwards for republican support...

bruh, we elected you and gave you the keys to the country and you aint turn the keys in the ignition because you were BEGGING republicans for their permission....

now they're campaigning all "we have to get control back....we have to go vote...its not over yet"

eyes.gif

what you need majorites for? to beg the minority for permission?

roll.gif

Presidential elections are always a lesser of two evils vote...
so lets see who the other candidates are 1st

i dont know
i did not even vote in 2008 

i was to busy that day smoking trees 
happy.gif

but obama sent me $720.00 back in december of last year 

thanks to him i was able to buy 2 pais of cool grey 11's 
laugh.gif

but i do like the sound of president trump 
smokin.gif
eek.gif

Back