Wisconsin Senate Passes Bill Ending Public Bargaining Rights- Discuss + watch a live feed

[h2]
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

[/h2][h2]Live feed of the protests:[/h2]
http://www.livestream.com/theuptake
[h2]
[/h2][h2]
[/h2][h2]WEDNESDAY, MARCH 9, 2011[/h2]
[h3]Wisconsin Senate Passes Bill Ending Public Bargaining Rights[/h3]
After claiming repeatedly in the media that the fight to end public worker bargaining rights was all about the budget, Governor Walker stripped the collective bargaining provisions out of the budget (which required the participation of at least one Democrat to have a big enough quorum to satisfy Constitutional requirements for fiscal votes) and the Wisconsin legislature passed it separately.

Details from David Dayen:
If you’ve been following along in my last post, you know the news: the Wisconsin State Senate rushed through and passed a bill that strips collective bargaining rights from most public employees. The vote in the State Senate, entirely composed of Republicans, was 18-1; only moderate Dale Schultz voted no. The budget repair bill was split at the last minute, cleaving the “non-fiscal

[h2]
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

[/h2][h2]Live feed of the protests:[/h2]
http://www.livestream.com/theuptake
[h2]
[/h2][h2]
[/h2][h2]WEDNESDAY, MARCH 9, 2011[/h2]
[h3]Wisconsin Senate Passes Bill Ending Public Bargaining Rights[/h3]
After claiming repeatedly in the media that the fight to end public worker bargaining rights was all about the budget, Governor Walker stripped the collective bargaining provisions out of the budget (which required the participation of at least one Democrat to have a big enough quorum to satisfy Constitutional requirements for fiscal votes) and the Wisconsin legislature passed it separately.

Details from David Dayen:
If you’ve been following along in my last post, you know the news: the Wisconsin State Senate rushed through and passed a bill that strips collective bargaining rights from most public employees. The vote in the State Senate, entirely composed of Republicans, was 18-1; only moderate Dale Schultz voted no. The budget repair bill was split at the last minute, cleaving the “non-fiscal

Man these politicians are on some BS, constantly kickin the middle class in the nuttz...
Before long we will all be reduced to Wal-Mart greeters... Want a sticker?

Man these politicians are on some BS, constantly kickin the middle class in the nuttz...
Before long we will all be reduced to Wal-Mart greeters... Want a sticker?

You have an issue with your budget. First people to blame are the teachers.. Then the poor, then the sick... Political shell game with the rich funding all these politicians to get middle class people to blame other middle class people and go to war against each other.

Let's cut education, cut teacher salary.. Then wonder why our students cannot learn, and why we don't have highly skilled teachers..

A teacher's job is not easy.. A teacher's job is one of the most important in this country.. Anyone ever think that maybe we should be compensating them at a great wage?

And I love how all the people pushing this, are the same people who were against regulation of banks when we gave them billions..

This moment here, and the subsequent moments in the next 18months are going to be a MAJOR political turning points for the next generation..

You have an issue with your budget. First people to blame are the teachers.. Then the poor, then the sick... Political shell game with the rich funding all these politicians to get middle class people to blame other middle class people and go to war against each other.

Let's cut education, cut teacher salary.. Then wonder why our students cannot learn, and why we don't have highly skilled teachers..

A teacher's job is not easy.. A teacher's job is one of the most important in this country.. Anyone ever think that maybe we should be compensating them at a great wage?

And I love how all the people pushing this, are the same people who were against regulation of banks when we gave them billions..

This moment here, and the subsequent moments in the next 18months are going to be a MAJOR political turning points for the next generation..

I go to a public school here in Milwaukee, this city is going to be the next Detroit or Gary.

I go to a public school here in Milwaukee, this city is going to be the next Detroit or Gary.

Back
Top Bottom