***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** CONGRATS, 38-0 S. Carolina! CONGRATS, LV Aces!

Online trolls will always exist. Hard for the wnba to police it. They do need to do a better job with in arena security and start kicking and banning fans that are out of hand.
Have there really been a lot of complaints about fans in the arena though? Feels like a mostly online problem. They didn’t even kick out the fan that CC pointed out last night.

This was ruled a flagrant lmao. Yea her left arm grabs her shoulder... that's extra assurance you not getting the shot up lol

1727379740380.png

why people acting like it will hurt the fever if nalyssa leaves? They needed to upgrade anyway. She’s not a consistent scorer and not a stand out defensive big either.

why people acting like it will hurt the fever if nalyssa leaves? They needed to upgrade anyway. She’s not a consistent scorer and not a stand out defensive big either.
Who is acting like that? We’ve been killing her in this thread all season :lol:. Her Hive is made up of people who are into her love story. She got her spot taken by a 30+ year old journey ma’am after being the #2 pick a few years ago. The Fever should absolutely be trying to upgrade her.

Who is acting like that? We’ve been killing her in this thread all season :lol:. Her Hive is made up of people who are into her love story. She got her spot taken by a 30+ year old journey ma’am after being the #2 pick a few years ago. The Fever should absolutely be trying to upgrade her.
I meant twitter and social media. You guys are reasonable here lol

She's gonna get heat for it but she's not wrong, things have been trending this way not overnight.

Also not the only player speaking on it either

See I def think there’s no place for racism and slurs etc, it I can’t be a hypocrite and say I didn’t call Aliyah Boston trash earlier in the season for all the missed layups. I just feel like calling athletes trash if they play bad is a part of sports culture. I love Jalen hurts but I’ll call his bum *** out of he keeps throwing picks. I guess I’m part of the problem but I don’t see this talk when lebron can’t breath without people saying 4-6 and he’s trash stc

Are we Babying women or are we finally ready to say hot takes and sound bite bandits are now done with

See I def think there’s no place for racism and slurs etc, it I can’t be a hypocrite and say I didn’t call Aliyah Boston trash earlier in the season for all the missed layups. I just feel like calling athletes trash if they play bad is a part of sports culture. I love Jalen hurts but I’ll call his bum *** out of he keeps throwing picks. I guess I’m part of the problem but I don’t see this talk when lebron can’t breath without people saying 4-6 and he’s trash stc

Are we Babying women or are we finally ready to say hot takes and sound bite bandits are now done with

They 100% are not talking about somebody saying "You stink!" :lol:

Misogyny and racism are two crappy companions. Most players in the W have been able to communicate with their audience via social media directly, as the league hasn’t had that many eyes. The more famous players learned long ago not to do so as their socials have long been full of garbage.

There’s a reason that the Serenas and Simones of the world try not to engage, although they sometimes fail. We’re nappy head garden tools or men. Consider how the current VP of this country and candidate for the presidency is disrespected.

“Fans” have no problem calling the players on their teams racial epithets when they don’t perform to their expectations. This country (and world) is full of racists idiots who see athletes as, million dollar ninjas who should shut up and dribble. Double that with the idea that all women should shut up and you get rape and death threats that have nothing to do with liking CC and instead are about control.

Daaaamn. Sky fallin apart. I have no idea who they could replace her with, anybody got any thoughts about who they would look at?

Also, guess that's what Reese said she was sick to her stomach about.

T-spoon must have told her or Reese otherwise found out. Damn.

They 100% are not talking about somebody saying "You stink!" :lol:
That comes with the territory for any athlete 100% :lol:

The players have also been pretty clear about what type of abuse they hope the league takes action against and it's not your regular old 'trash talk'

That by itself wouldn't necessarily warrant the league putting out statement in the middle of a playoff game immediately after multiple players and coach speak on an issue.

The stuff they're bringing up is some old school brand of abuse that for a time was considered completely out of bounds for fans in all the major leagues. It's only over the last few years that that ugly undercurrent has been bubbling up again and the worst people and lowest common denominator have felt emboldened to act up again and bring on that sort of negative energy to games again.

It absolutely has made news in other leagues when it happens and leagues crack down harshly. Offenders are swiftly kicked out and often banned for life. It still isn't considered the norm for fan behaviour in 2024 so it's not some 'comes with the territory' stuff that should be normalized at all

Back
Top Bottom