***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** CONGRATS, 38-0 S. Carolina! CONGRATS, LV Aces!

CC just wants to hoop and go home and be left alone. I always said Paige Beuckers will be the one to get more involved with the social issues once she's in the league.

This is why she's better off not saying anything at all.
Yea but remember folks were saying her "silence" is further promoting the hate speech from her fans.

Then she eventually came out and said there was no place for any of that and even then some folks were calling her response "passive." ~ :lol:

CC just wants to hoop and go home and be left alone. I always said Paige Beuckers will be the one to get more involved with the social issues once she's in the league.

I like Paige but in all honesty Her approach comes off as SUPER pandering. Her type annoys me but it's whatever. I like her outside of that though.

She will. She has a Black step mom and Black sibling.

Caitlin liked a post about registering to vote and the racists/trolls went crazy.

She’s in an unenviable position because people are looking to athletes in 2024 to be led on issues of class, race and gender.

I like Paige but in all honesty Her approach comes off as SUPER pandering. Her type annoys me but it's whatever. I like her outside of that though.

For sure she definitely comes across as a "try-hard" but I didn't wanna get into that just yet since I'm sure she'll just use plenty of examples once she's actually in the league:lol:

folks were saying her "silence" is further promoting the hate speech from her fans.
I like Paige but in all honesty Her approach comes off as SUPER pandering.
So for those keeping score at home...

- silence: "She's promoting the hate speech of those speaking it! Say something!"

- speaking out: "No not like that! That's pandering!"

For people committed to stirring the pot, there simply is nothing good enough. CC seems to get this. Trying to please critics is a NEVER-ENDING effort.

Do your best.
Work to improve your best.
That's it.

The comments section under this is crazy. I don't watch a ton of football so I've never had to really deal with racism being this intertwined in a sport that I watch.

Very annoying
There’s hella racism intertwined in the NBA too. Think that it’s just been around long enough where we’re mostly able to ignore the trolls. The gendered aspect here just adds a different layer of complexity

The comments section under this is crazy. I don't watch a ton of football so I've never had to really deal with racism being this intertwined in a sport that I watch.

Very annoying

You've just never lived in America when a white american basketball player was arguably the best player in the league. If Flagg lives up to his potential, you'll see it :lol:

You've just never lived in America when a white american basketball player was arguably the best player in the league. If Flagg lives up to his potential, you'll see it :lol:
On a smaller scale, when Matt McCLUNG was going into his freshman year there of course was a lot of buzz for the dude. Not too far from here, VA dude, and the white GTOWN fanbase thought they had their dude.

So we always go up to the Kenner League to watch the local talents in the Summers but when I tell you he brought "THEM" out like I've never seen THEM at the Kenner League prior to this. It was so bad that they would immediately leave after he played.

Once the season started, it was similar to what I've heard the players say they experienced playing in Indiana. Protect the golden child and be disrespectful to the others, even if the others are on the same team.

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
League already in great space and greatest league in sports... whereas as wnba still fighting to get attention, we'll up until now, battling for higher pay. So even with how great Flagg is... he ain't moving the needle much.

This league is something else :lol:

IMG_1087.jpeg

Indirectly leaked the awards but strong statement from them

I had to check the WNBA website to see if I missed something.

So CC is RoY and Phee is Defensive PoY. As expected (and deserved).

Funny way to leak it tho, gotta imagine the league announces at least one of those tomorrow now.

Yea but remember folks were saying her "silence" is further promoting the hate speech from her fans.

Then she eventually came out and said there was no place for any of that and even then some folks were calling her response "passive." ~ :lol:

Yea that’s my issue. Like Paige you are still a white woman. But people do like being pandered to so whatever

I think the diff is that men don’t see things the same way women do. Like men will cheer on luka and jokic cause they are great. Where as with the female game, the female fans see it as a slight to elevate a white woman over others. If flagg is great, he will have fans and you won’t see any of these narratives.

Back
Top Bottom