World Cup blog for soccer fans of all levels... Update: France sans Zidane

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Europe>South America...nuff said

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Yup! For a country with nearly 170 million people playing football every single day and football being a religion, Brazil should win it every year, but they won't. I'm sorry but South America has taken a step back in quality this decade...meu amigo
laugh.gif
I disagree. 
And I think you mean every 4 years, not every year. 

Europe>South America...nuff said

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Yup! For a country with nearly 170 million people playing football every single day and football being a religion, Brazil should win it every year, but they won't. I'm sorry but South America has taken a step back in quality this decade...meu amigo
laugh.gif
I disagree. 
And I think you mean every 4 years, not every year. 
Yeah, I guess winning 2 of the last 4 World Cups and finishing second in another just isn't good enough for Brazil. They should be expected to win every single tournament, because they're the only country in which most kids play soccer. 
grin.gif

Yo Persia, you think you are gonna cover all the teams in the tourney on your blog?  Or are you just shooting for the lesser known teams?

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Yo Persia, you think you are gonna cover all the teams in the tourney on your blog?  Or are you just shooting for the lesser known teams?
Definitely will cover all, started from the bottom. 
It's been a bit slow with the team profiles because of finals, but it will pick up big time in the next week or two. 

Thanks for reading and check back for the new team profiles. 
pimp.gif

Sweet. Good lookin out bro. They are pretty interesting to read. I keep pretty in tune with soccer all over, but it's cool to get it all put together in one place.

Persia, I literally check everyday if you have something new up
laugh.gif

Your blog is the best WC blog I've seen so far, keep it up man

Originally Posted by M4rioL

Persia, I literally check everyday if you have something new up
laugh.gif

Your blog is the best WC blog I've seen so far, keep it up man
Thanks for the love bro, I'll try not to disappoint. 
pimp.gif

New Sportscenter commercial with Jozy...
laugh.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can't get it to embed, even though it worked in another thread.
grin.gif
[/font]

[font=Times, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Times, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

Keep up the good work. RSS reader is your best friend for automatic updates my peoples.

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Man...I really was hoping to see Ronaldo (Brazil 9) make one last stride =/

I know right 
ohwell.gif

But the thing about Dunga...he's did the same thing Scolari did before 02. Scolari had so much pressure from the public to include Romario in the final squad but he stuck to his guns because he knew the World Cup was no place for heartfelt goodbyes. Dunga has a very specific way he wants this team to play, and he has selected the players which will most benefit his offense (midfield possession, counter attacks, set pieces)

Pato has not shown well at all for virtually all of his Brazil call ups, and he hasn't played for Milan in a couple weeks with his injury. Its surprising, but not really that surprising. 

As far as Ronaldinho, I think Dunga simply does not want him/his attitude on the squad. I think it is a load of bull +%@#, and Ronaldinho could not have done more to deserve himself a spot on the team, but I think Dunga will have the last laugh. He is a tactics and result oriented coach who does not seem to bat an eye at the massive pressure that comes with the Brazilian coaching job.

Dunga is not Maradona. He did not snub European stars for no name domestic league players. Grafite is still a very dangerous and capable scorer who bloomed late and has poured the goals in. Josue, Felipe Melo, even with his poor season at Juve, they will contribute to Brazil's run, and I think they will win it all.

Some of the question marks for me came in the form of Gilberto Silva and Nilmar. I just hate Nilmar though.  
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Nilmar will wreack havoc off the bench I think.

Dunga's biggest ****up was Josue over Neymar. I didn't like Grafite over Ganso either...

The boys of the Vila would've made this world cup sooo much fun to watch... oh well 
ohwell.gif

Yall think Torres will make it back/get selected? I didn't even think I'd be a question, but I guess it's gonna be close.

Yall think Torres will make it back/get selected? I didn't even think I'd be a question, but I guess it's gonna be close.
He'll definitely get selected, but whether he'll make it back is another question. If he was a midfielder on that team I'd guess they'd just let him sit on the bench, but Spain is surprisingly short on strikers and might need Torres to suit up even if he's not 100%. I heard that the Liverpool team doc said Torres might be ready for the second group match, which makes it seem that he may still be struggling for form at the tournament. Zidane tried to come back from injury in the middle of the group stage in 2002, and that didn't go well. Hopefully he'll be fit before their first match, if not he could struggle even if he plays. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

He'll definitely get selected, but whether he'll make it back is another question. If he was a midfielder on that team I'd guess they'd just let him sit on the bench, but Spain is surprisingly short on strikers and might need Torres to suit up even if he's not 100%. I heard that the Liverpool team doc said Torres might be ready for the second group match, which makes it seem that he may still be struggling for form at the tournament. Zidane tried to come back from injury in the middle of the group stage in 2002, and that didn't go well. Hopefully he'll be fit before their first match, if not he could struggle even if he plays. 
Yea, I thought he'd be back sooner.  They should just hold him out until late in the second match or maybe even the third match to make sure he's ready.  Guiza and Villa can hold it down.  They can even try and move P. Rodriguez up front w/ Villa just to see how it works out.  They should have the luxury of holding on to Torres til he's ready considering the group they were placed in.  That group is pretty garbage.  My pops always tries to sell me on Chile, tellin me they are dangerous. I'm not buyin it.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

I know right 
ohwell.gif

But the thing about Dunga...he's did the same thing Scolari did before 02. Scolari had so much pressure from the public to include Romario in the final squad but he stuck to his guns because he knew the World Cup was no place for heartfelt goodbyes. Dunga has a very specific way he wants this team to play, and he has selected the players which will most benefit his offense (midfield possession, counter attacks, set pieces)

Pato has not shown well at all for virtually all of his Brazil call ups, and he hasn't played for Milan in a couple weeks with his injury. Its surprising, but not really that surprising. 

As far as Ronaldinho, I think Dunga simply does not want him/his attitude on the squad. I think it is a load of bull +%@#, and Ronaldinho could not have done more to deserve himself a spot on the team, but I think Dunga will have the last laugh. He is a tactics and result oriented coach who does not seem to bat an eye at the massive pressure that comes with the Brazilian coaching job.

Dunga is not Maradona. He did not snub European stars for no name domestic league players. Grafite is still a very dangerous and capable scorer who bloomed late and has poured the goals in. Josue, Felipe Melo, even with his poor season at Juve, they will contribute to Brazil's run, and I think they will win it all.

Some of the question marks for me came in the form of Gilberto Silva and Nilmar. I just hate Nilmar though.  
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dunga's biggest ****up was Josue over Neymar. I didn't like Grafite over Ganso either...

The boys of the Vila would've made this world cup sooo much fun to watch... oh well 
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
Dunga isn't going to send two kids to rot on the bench. 

And down goes Germany's captain. Gonna be tough to replace Ballack. That was a filthy tackle put on him.

I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a player more unlucky than Ballack over the last decade or so...

2002...finishes 2nd in the German league, German Cup, Champions League AND World Cup (was suspended for the finals)
2006...finishes 3rd in the WC on home soil and was injured for most of the tournament
2008...finishes 2nd in Euro 08
2010...will miss likely his final chance at playing in the WC

2668751428_736d772182.jpg

Eh, dude sorta wins.  Maybe not pro soccer player type "wins" but still wins.

Plus he's got some pretty nice team and individual credentials.  He won the Bundesliga a few times, and the German knockout cup.  He just got a premiership title and he's got several FA cups.  Individually, I think he got a Midfielder of the year award and he was named by Pele on a top 100 players all time list or something.  That's not bad.  Coulda been better tho.  Would have liked to see him play in the WC.

Just meas more time for the dude with the Germaniest name possible to step up: Schweinsteiger

:/ at Ballack missing the Cup. One of my favorite players and still crucial to Germany's chances as their leader and playmaker.

Sorry about no updates past few days, just started summer job in DC and had a hellish weekend of moving and cleaning. Will resume tonight/tomorrow with Cameroon (I think).

++*@ ++*@ ++*@

The irony, Boateng is pretty much German. Dude's gonna have to look over his shoulders when he's back home now.

Ballack should've won Footballer of the Year in 2002 but as we all know, FIFA give it to the best player on the WC winning team.

Without a doubt in my mind, Ballack was the best player in the world in 2002. One of the best box-to-box midfielders I've ever seen.

Anyways, call me crazy but I dont think this will be a major loss for Germany. Ballack isn't as good anymore and I feel that just like France with Henry, Germany were trying to rely on a veteran player years past his prime to lead them during the WC.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Ballack should've won Footballer of the Year in 2002 but as we all know, FIFA give it to the best player on the WC winning team.

Without a doubt in my mind, Ballack was the best player in the world in 2002. One of the best box-to-box midfielders I've ever seen.

Anyways, call me crazy but I dont think this will be a major loss for Germany. Ballack isn't as good anymore and I feel that just like France with Henry, Germany were trying to rely on a veteran player years past his prime to lead them during the WC.
Don't you think his role with Germany is less replaceable than Henry's with France? 

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

I know right 
ohwell.gif

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
Dunga isn't going to send two kids to rot on the bench. 

Remember Ronaldo in 94... I'd say that investment paid off. And Josue? You can't possibly defend that choice.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Don't you think his role with Germany is less replaceable than Henry's with France? 
Yea, I think so.  Even though I would have replaced Henry w/ Benzema.  But I think Germany can actually replace Ballack with that CAM on Bayern.  Can't remember what his name is, but he's been in pretty good form through the CL.

Back
Top Bottom