Worst character additions / replacements on a show.

roc boy jada

Banned
For me, it has got to be Cindy Snow on Three's Company, and Pam on the Cosby Show.

Cindy wasn't funny at all.

it was a terrible choice to not make idris elba's character on the office a permanent one...... that was a nice addition i wouldn't mind staring @ every season
embarassed.gif

for me it was the mother on Family Matters... after watching it so many years with the same mom i loved the show... after the switch, i stopped watching it.

Both of the replacement moms in Family Matters and Fresh Prince, terrible. Gotta agree with Pam from the Cosby Show too, thats when the show started to go downhill a bit.

Whoever they replaced Kelso and Eric with on That 70's Show, removing the original Vivian Banks, not making Karen a permanent character on The Office...

Ya'll weren't feeling the new "Aunt Viv"?
I'll also say the replacement Harriet Winslow.I was NOT with that AT ALL!
Even though I got used to it after a while.......
the replacements for the OG Power Rangers #+$*#! with my soul!

Gotta agree with replacement moms on Family Matters and Fresh Prince, it just wasn't the same.
I remember watching the Brady Bunch on Nick at Nite and hating Cousin Oliver 
laugh.gif

Also, Dil Pickles gets a mention.

I think they replaced the daughter on "My Wife and Kids", the second one was wack. Also any Power Rangers after the first season were lame.

The new Dumbledore when the one from the first couple movies died.

nicky and the light skinned Aunt Viv on Fresh Prince. that show never felt the same to Me once they popped up....

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Spin City. Show wasn't the same after J. Fox left.

QFT. I love Spin City and when mike left show went downhill fast. matter fact the show went downhill when she arrived

heather-locklear-Arrested.jpg

Originally Posted by Meangene4

BlackSheep08 wrote:

I think they replaced the daughter on "My Wife and Kids", the second one was wack. Also any Power Rangers after the first season were lame.

indifferent.gif

The first time I saw this show was with the second daughter. I didn't know they had a first until I saw re-runs. 2nd Claire>1st Claire

roll.gif
I never knew they switched moms on Family Matters
Probly stopped watchin TGIF way before that.

smh.gif
@ Aunt Viv tho

I disagree, Fresh Prince had the "best replacement" for the mom. It gave the show a more realistic appearance as the kids actually looked like the mother.

laugh.gif

Lawrence Fishburne replacing Grissom on CSI
smh.gif

The dark skinned Aunt Viv was definitely funnier than the light skinned one, but it didn't stop me from watching.

I don't know if it's really a replacement but when they killed off Eddie on New York Undercover and brought in that white dude MacNamara and Tommy from Martin the show went straight to hell.

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

Word.  The second one was not funny.

Originally Posted by townlegend

nicky and the light skinned Aunt Viv on Fresh Prince. that show never felt the same to Me once they popped up....
After Nicky was born, the show changed from a strong show about an urban youth dealing with his blackness, to a show about nothing. It's a shame what the show became.

I Agree with your point HigherGround.
Yo Ex SwAg............
I think I cried when that #@** went down on NY Undercover man.It was so damn unexpected!

Oh and McNamara wasn't one of the replacements.He was an addition to the crew and he was killed off (remember they tied him up to the bed an shot him in the face?).

Back
Top Bottom