WrestleMania Fallout 4/6 - NT WrestleMania Prediction Contest Results Posted! p1

Just saw the clip of Ryback's debut, dude is yoked.

laugh.gif
 @ the jobber getting mic time. "Happiest place on Earth."

I like his finisher, is it the same one he used on NXT/FCW?

Originally Posted by casekicks

rmK wrote:

Wow...I love how edited the Smackdown crowd noise is...

*Daniel Bryan enters...camera shows fans all through audience chanting YES! YES! YES!!! vigorously...

*Sound of unexplainable boo's on audio as people seem to be chanting YES YES YES

indifferent.gif

also, i recall reading on spoilers they CHEERED when A.J. was dumped, even sang "NA NA NA NAaaaa HEY HEY GOOODBYE" ...now there is piped in Boo's

BOOOO VINCE BOOOOOooooo

I heard the NA NA NA NA Goodbye chant, but it was super faint..Watch it again and when AJ is just about to hit the ramp you can hear it..I thought it was funny and couldn't figure out why that chant didn't get louder, but apparently its due to the piped in boo's..

yeah I could barely hear it...notice how it drowned in and out...$%$% is corny.
fans pay the money let them treat the product as they will.

Vince on some WCW $%$% trying to control the crowd...that's why I don't care if I catch Smackdown or not most the time.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Just saw the clip of Ryback's debut, dude is yoked.

laugh.gif
 @ the jobber getting mic time. "Happiest place on Earth."

I like his finisher, is it the same one he used on NXT/FCW?
Nah, his NXT finisher was the Backpack Stunner. 

WWE messing up by trying to control the double turn of Sheamus and Bryan . . . if it's not broken, don't fix it Vince . . .

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Spoiler [+]
*BACKSTAGE SEGMENT*

*Peep_Game, 3dgarFly & TennHouse are out back talking*

*GHIMS, ITO & VeintiSiete appear*

GHIMS: check it out, its the geek pack
laugh.gif

VeintiSiete:
laugh.gif
Yea, a combined weight of 150 lbs.

ITO: Ive lifted grocery bags that weigh more than that
laugh.gif

Peep_Game: Oh yea GHIMS, I might fit through a closed door, but i beat u at NTMania 2.

GHIMS:
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
.....You cheated, my foot was under the ropes. Besides, Lobo will grant me my rematch.

But, for now, why don't you three get out of here, only heavyweights hang here.

* Peep_Game, TennHouse & 3dgarFly stand their ground, as do GHIMS, ITO & VeintiSiete.

GHIMS: Hold up. u geeks want a fight? i have a better idea. why not us 3 vs you 3 at the SuperShow. It would make good practice.

ITO: Nah GHIMS, lets take 'em out now!!!

VeintiSiete: YEA!!!!!

GHIMS: Nah fellas, we want everyone to see.

3dgarFly: You're On!!

ITO: BOO!!!!!!

**TennHouse, Peep_Game & 3dgarFly back away**

***GHIMS, ITO & VeintiSiete Walk Away Laughing***

Jerry Ross: huge main event. blobber snocker in the making.
Jim Lawler: cant wait to see it!!

Lobo, book this.

NTWT
Spoiler [+]
Oh boy! I just looked at the King Of The Ring brackets and it seems that I am to engage in battle with 3dgarfly!
smile.gif
I look forward to having an athletic and respectful spectacle of a match with you! May the best man win!
happy.gif

Also, I feel that I must address my NTMania II loss to a grand competitor in our very own booker, HombreLobo. Alas, I don't have the words in my heart yet so I will have to rehearse what I want to say.

So long!

I understand wwe has there ideas about what they want to happen but why edit what the fans want? everyone's cheering for Daniel Bryan and booing sheamus yet they try to edit it , it sounds terrible I hate watching smackdown its so edited its ridiculous .

I dont know who that guy was that was talking about fixing american society but it seems like a real interesting gimmick . but that ryback guy sucks. Im all for bringing up some fcw guys but why not seth rollins , dean ambrose, Claudio castagnoli, Chris hero ........ 4 legit guys. WWE is lacking some credible heels and Dean Ambrose and claudio castagnoli would be perfect. i dont really know what they will do with chris hero but seth rollins would be a good face. I know you cant have a million guys coming in at once but Those four guys deserve more airtime than sheamus. Sheamus absolutely sucks i can't stand him as a good guy .

Its about time big show and kane retire .... khali sucks. swagger cant and will never get over .. those are a few guys right now that wwe could and should do without.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

NTWT
Spoiler [+]
Oh boy! I just looked at the King Of The Ring brackets and it seems that I am to engage in battle with 3dgarfly!
smile.gif
I look forward to having an athletic and respectful spectacle of a match with you! May the best man win!
happy.gif

Also, I feel that I must address my NTMania II loss to a grand competitor in our very own booker, HombreLobo. Alas, I don't have the words in my heart yet so I will have to rehearse what I want to say.

So long!
7lmMJ.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'd like to get these thoughts out the way before we're done with this thread.

I was prepping a quotefest post but !@*# it not gonna bother since it's been some days now and I would've responded to a bunch of things that are better left ignored.

Well...
  • Wrestlemania 28. Not the best we've ever seen but certainly not the worst either (of course we had the yearly "WORST WRESTLEMANIA OF ALL TIMESSS!!!11" posts). 17 remains king.
  • I've seen some try to rationalize but under no circumstance should a WHC match be a squash, much less at WRESTLEMANIA. I don't give a !@*# about them having already decided it weeks in advance...it was the wrong thing to do. It had the complete opposite effect of what they intended, which means it was bad booking. Period. They felt crowds would chastise Bryan for losing the strap in "record time" but all that's happened is he's more over now than he's ever been. Sheamus is more hurt than helped and you've devalued the Royal Rumble win and one of your top 2 belts in the company in 18 measly seconds. It's a shame Vince will end up financially benefiting from this since Bryan's merch sales will skyrocket off a WWE botch. While the crowd reactions afterward have been amazing, the end doesn't justify the means.
  • To make Bryan vs. Sheamus matters worse...it was the opener so you couldn't have had a worse start to WWE's Superbowl. Quickest high (pre-show excitement and anticipation of the event) to low (18 seconds in) I've ever experienced watching a Wrestlemania. I completely tuned out the next 3 matches and honestly can't remember much from them. Kane vs. Orton was decent though and Kane going over did surprise me like it did everyone else.
  • After a weak 1st hour, we get to what IMO was the highlight of the show. What more can I say about HHH vs. Undertaker that hasn't been stated already? Another epic match from all three legends that made up for the previous hour of @$%@ we watched. Since comparisons were brought up, I believe last year's match was better in-ring wise but this had the better story told and one of the better conclusions to a feud in recent memory. You can look back and place the beginning of the feud with Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania 25 and here we are 3 years later closing the final chapter. Great ending with all 3 guys walking off. Both HBK matches are > HHH vs. Taker III but it's only a slight drop-off. Also can't overlook how good Taker looked in his return. That year off did a lot for him...he moved much quicker than he had in years and showed little to no rust. Deadman still runs @$%@ once a year
    pimp.gif
  • Want to know the difference between WWE and TNA? On paper, the play-by-play of HHH vs. Taker III sounds like your standard TNA match. A gimmick match (Hell in a Cell) which had more than 1 ref involved, multiple ref bumps, weapons used, "outside" interference (HBK), numerous false finishes and a highly dramatic actual finish. But guess what? Each element added to the story being told in the ring and only made it THAT much better. Forget the comparison of talent, in-ring work, booking, etc. It all comes down to execution. WWE executes better than TNA at almost everything they do. That's why it's the superior product.
  • I didn't like the DQ stipulation added to Jericho vs. Punk either. It was rushed and probably added last minute. Once they got going though they put on a helluva show. The last 5-7 minutes were superb. I would've liked to see more considering the storyline did revolve around who was the "best in the world" and both guys were aiming to steal the show (which they didn't) but the match was very good and I was satisfied. I knew the feud wasn't ending here anyway so hopefully there's better things to come. Crowd was dead at the beginning, still recovering from Taker's match and I felt a change in placement could have prevented that. IMO this would've suited better as a 25-30 minute opener of the show but...whatever. Punk retaining the belt was the right move. After the work he's put in since the infamous shoot, it's good to see the WWE keep rewarding by giving him his Wrestlemania main event moment.
  • Rock vs. Cena. Everything was riding on this one match and I'd say it delivered. No significant sloppiness or botches which was my biggest fear since you had one guy who's been in the ring once in 8 years and another who is a very average technical wrestler. The atmosphere made it must-see and it felt about as important as a wrestling match could be. Rock's sharpshooter and Cena's STF were poor but what else is new?
    laugh.gif
    Rocky was definitely huffing and puffing by the end...can't really blame him though, as fit as he is it's not easy to go from being retired to having a 30 minute match with the weight of the world on your shoulders. I'd have shaved 3-5 minutes from this and gave it to Jericho/Punk since it took the latter some time before they hit their stride.
  • I was SHOCKED when Rock won. Absolutely stunned. It was a foregone conclusion to me that Cena would go over and there would be the handshake of respect 
    sick.gif
    passing of the torch type bull @$%@. No complaints from me though. Make no mistake...John Cena going over WAS the better move for business. His L hurts him more than a W helps Rocky. But you know what? Oh %%#@%#* well. How many times over the years has Superman Marine Hogan beat people who would have gained a hell of a lot more from being put over than he had? How about the number of instances when the WWE panicked and gave him the World/WWE Championship because of a ratings dip? The careers that have been derailed at the expense of keeping him at the top of the mountain? With the exception of the Undertaker, Cena has gone over pretty much EVERYONE who is relevant in the company. So excuse me if I don't give a flying !@*# about what was better for business this time. John Cena, the person, is a good guy but in this fictional soap opera we follow each week, his corny %+% character should NEVER be allowed to win over someone like The Rock. And I was %%#@%#* glad it didn't happen.
    pimp.gif
  • Overall, I'd give the show a 7.5 out of 10. The show would make or break from its 4 main events and 3 out of the 4 hit the mark so I'm giving it a thumbs up. The matches we truly cared about delivered and that's really what matters when you get down to it. If they don't do Bryan dirty (and to a lesser extent, Sheamus too) we'd be guaranteed at least a 8 out of 10 and possibly higher than that.
  • After looking back at match results and trying my best to remember how I felt about each one...I'd rank the previous 5 Wrestlemania events this way: 24 > 28 > 26 > 27 > 25. 28's HHH vs. Taker alone > any match from 24 but 24 had more solid work from top to bottom. The World Heavyweight Championship match being 18 seconds long at a %%#@%#* Wrestlemania also prevents me from ranking 28 the highest.
I'll address the post-Wrestlemania stuff in next week's thread. Just wanted to bang this out now.

Originally Posted by MoodMuzik75

I understand wwe has there ideas about what they want to happen but why edit what the fans want? everyone's cheering for Daniel Bryan and booing sheamus yet they try to edit it , it sounds terrible I hate watching smackdown its so edited its ridiculous .
I don't know what's worse, this or the fake boo's Austin Aries gets on Impact
laugh.gif

Details Released for Edge’s ‘You Think You Know Me’ DVD

- Edge: You Think You Know Me will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray this Tuesday, April 10. The documentary will feature the following chapters:

It's All Over
A Childhood Obsession
The Winning Essay
Paying to Wrestle
Worth the Struggles
Nothing Happens Overnight
The Silent Mysterious One
Best Friends United
A Variety Package
Spring Boarding into Singles
Teaming with his Idol
A Grounding Halt
A Lifestyle Change
A Fire Inside Explodes
Personal Drama Exposed
Shocking the World
An Even Bigger Chip on His Shoulder
Off and Running
Enjoying the Time Off
Seizing Each Moment
Uncle Adam
My Favorite Moment
Energized and Reinvigorated
The Master Manipulator
Something Didn't Feel Right
A Champion Retires
Next Challenge
Appreciation Night
Days Gone By

The special features included will feature the following:

The Ninja Star
P.T.A.
Working in WCW
Credgeley
"Real Emotion" - Raw – 8th August, 2005

DISC 2

Adam Impact vs. Christian Cage - South Indian Lake 1995
4-Team Elimination Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship: Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. T & A vs. Too Cool - King of the Ring 25th June, 2000
No Disqualification Match: Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero - SmackDown September 26, 2002
Intercontinental Championship Match: Edge vs. Randy Orton - Raw July 19, 2004
Loser Leaves Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Edge vs. Matt Hardy - Raw October 3, 2005
Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the WWE Championship: Edge vs. John Cena - Unforgiven September 17, 2006

DISC 3

Street Fight: Edge vs. Shawn Michaels - Raw January 22, 2007
World Heavyweight Championship Match: Edge vs. Undertaker - WrestleMania XXIV March 30, 2008
Pick Your Poison Match: Edge vs. Christian - Raw May 17, 2010
Fatal 4-Way TLC Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. Kane vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio - TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs December 19, 2010
World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber Match: Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show vs. Kane vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Wade Barrett - Elimination Chamber February 20, 2011
World Heavyweight Championship Match: Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio - WrestleMania XXVII April 3, 2011

Blu-Ray Exclusives:
"One Foot in the Grave" Tour
Achilles' Heel
Squared Circle Essay Contest 2011
Edge's Dogs
WWE Championship Match: Edge vs. Jeff Hardy - Royal Rumble January 25, 2009
Edge Announces His Retirement – Raw April 11, 2011
Edge Appreciation Night: After the Show – September 13, 2011

That Edge/Eddie No DQ Match from 2002
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Still have that on recorded on VHS
laugh.gif

Going to get the new edge dvd..if the price is right. . However it looks like "Edge A Decade of Decadence" is better..

^The documentary is supposed to be done in the same style as the new Austin and Rock DVDs. If this is true then it will be worth purchasing just for the first disc.

I wonder how much of the crowd noise for Ryback was genuine...

I was seriously impressed...he seems pretty damn good.

Originally Posted by PLVN

I wonder how much of the crowd noise for Ryback was genuine...

I was seriously impressed...he seems pretty damn good.

none. Smackdown is edited soooo damn much. its always the same cheer/boo too. next time you watch smackdown listen for the boos and cheers they dont even bother switching it up.

and whats good with this smackdown live tuesday thing. I am disappointed i thought it was going to be the old smackdown stage like old school raw but its jbeing advertised as ust the same 10 legends they always have on tv nothing special tony atlas, million dollar man , rowdy piper etc.

Ditto to the editing this week, it was sickening, and more noticeable than any SD I've seen in the past couple years. All you have to do
is look at the crowd to see whether they were actually loud or not. There's no way the crowd was on their feet for Ryback like they made it
sound
laugh.gif
And the sea of people chanting "YES" while you hear "booing" was
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

So sad that they dont include anything from the Christian/Edge feud during the Invasion.

I felt that was an excellent feud, including that ladder match from No Mercy when Christian goes over with the one man con-chair-to

pimp.gif

Edge: Simply The Best

will be copped regardless, due to Edge being my main mans

Back
Top Bottom