Wrestling Thread 6/27-7/3 | 6/27 CM Punk Cuts The Best WWE Promo in the Past 10 Years To Close Raw

20110620_raw_roulette_r.jpg

The big news of the past week was CM Punk announcing that he is leaving WWE at the Money in the Bank PPV on July 17 which happens to be taking place from his hometown of Chicago.  To say it's going to be a crazy crowd of Cena haters is an understatement.  Of course, this leads to a few questions.  First, is Punk really leaving?  If Punk wins the title, then what?  Will someone who just won the MITB match cash in?  Or will Punk actually retire with the belt?  Or will Punk win the title and agree to stick around?  Of will Cena beat Punk clean in the middle of the ring with the AA and STF making Punk go out like a punk?  Well, knowing WWE, it will probably be the latter.  Until we see how things play out over the next few weeks, I'll reserve my predictions.

The other news was Chavo Guerrero asking for and receiving his release.  Chavo was the last holdover from the WCW takeover in 2001 that was active the entire time.  Crazy to think that now WCW is completely dead.  It's also very interesting to see another guy on the list who wanted completely out of WWE.  This would have never happened five years ago.

Shawn Michaels will be appearing on tonight's Raw.  I have no idea what his role will be, but it will just be a one time thing.  He's there to plug his new hunting show.

Tonight's Raw is "Raw Roulette" from Vegas.  The only match that has been announced is Evan Bourne vs Sin Cara to make up for last week's voting screwup.  Here are a list of stipulations on the roulette wheel:

20110627_rawroulette_tunein.jpg

Lumberjack match, Blast from the Past, flag match, falls count anywhere, tornado tag team match, Strange Bedfellows, Player's Choice, Blindfold match, Body Slam match, Pole match, No DQ, tables match, guest referee, trading places match, submission rules, singing and dancing contest, cage match, and pillow fight match.
Unlike last week's fan voting, the wheel tonight is rigged, so don't expect anything crazy to happen.  Am I am the only one who misses the lingerie match stipulation?

Also, after tonight's live Raw, they will be taping a second Raw to air next week.  They will be taping Smackdown tomorrow and Wednesday.  They're then going on a tour of Australia over the next two weeks.

The last thing.  Thank God it's not a 3 hour show tonight!

20110620_raw_roulette_r.jpg

The big news of the past week was CM Punk announcing that he is leaving WWE at the Money in the Bank PPV on July 17 which happens to be taking place from his hometown of Chicago.  To say it's going to be a crazy crowd of Cena haters is an understatement.  Of course, this leads to a few questions.  First, is Punk really leaving?  If Punk wins the title, then what?  Will someone who just won the MITB match cash in?  Or will Punk actually retire with the belt?  Or will Punk win the title and agree to stick around?  Of will Cena beat Punk clean in the middle of the ring with the AA and STF making Punk go out like a punk?  Well, knowing WWE, it will probably be the latter.  Until we see how things play out over the next few weeks, I'll reserve my predictions.

The other news was Chavo Guerrero asking for and receiving his release.  Chavo was the last holdover from the WCW takeover in 2001 that was active the entire time.  Crazy to think that now WCW is completely dead.  It's also very interesting to see another guy on the list who wanted completely out of WWE.  This would have never happened five years ago.

Shawn Michaels will be appearing on tonight's Raw.  I have no idea what his role will be, but it will just be a one time thing.  He's there to plug his new hunting show.

Tonight's Raw is "Raw Roulette" from Vegas.  The only match that has been announced is Evan Bourne vs Sin Cara to make up for last week's voting screwup.  Here are a list of stipulations on the roulette wheel:

20110627_rawroulette_tunein.jpg

Lumberjack match, Blast from the Past, flag match, falls count anywhere, tornado tag team match, Strange Bedfellows, Player's Choice, Blindfold match, Body Slam match, Pole match, No DQ, tables match, guest referee, trading places match, submission rules, singing and dancing contest, cage match, and pillow fight match.
Unlike last week's fan voting, the wheel tonight is rigged, so don't expect anything crazy to happen.  Am I am the only one who misses the lingerie match stipulation?

Also, after tonight's live Raw, they will be taping a second Raw to air next week.  They will be taping Smackdown tomorrow and Wednesday.  They're then going on a tour of Australia over the next two weeks.

The last thing.  Thank God it's not a 3 hour show tonight!

Oh good, I thought it was another 3 hour show.

Wonder what Punk has up his sleeve for tonight... only reason I watch.

Oh good, I thought it was another 3 hour show.

Wonder what Punk has up his sleeve for tonight... only reason I watch.

Hope we get a blindfold match. That Roberts/ Martel blindfold match from back in the day was one of my favorites as a kid.

Hope we get a blindfold match. That Roberts/ Martel blindfold match from back in the day was one of my favorites as a kid.

I wonder what the purpose of HBK being here is, other than to draw ratings and promote his show?
Hopefully they don't have him as a special referee. 

I wonder what the purpose of HBK being here is, other than to draw ratings and promote his show?
Hopefully they don't have him as a special referee. 

Back
Top Bottom