Wrestling Thread 6/27-7/3 | 6/27 CM Punk Cuts The Best WWE Promo in the Past 10 Years To Close Raw

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by likethematrix

Originally Posted by hymen man

There's always one..

laugh.gif
 @ your "young whippersnappers spiel."

Whether you liked the promo or not there's no denying that it was definitely buzzworthy.

Hell I've never seen you post in a wrestling thread before, but Punk's promo made you decide to come in here and "school us kids."
laugh.gif

In fact the last time I've seen as many new SNs post in this thread was when The Rock "came back" to the WWE.

Hombre I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order MITB. First time in years I've ordered a WWE PPV beside one of the Big 3.

I hope I don't regret it.
laugh.gif
at HBW trying to school someone. Boy stop.

I'm not ordering MITB. Don't plan on it. PPV's are too much for just one good match.

There's always one..

laugh.gif

Whether you liked the promo or not there's no denying that it was definitely buzzworthy.

Hell I've never seen you post in a wrestling thread before, but Punk's promo made you decide to come in here and "school us kids."
laugh.gif

In fact the last time I've seen as many new SNs post in this thread was when The Rock "came back" to the WWE.

Hombre I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order MITB. First time in years I've ordered a WWE PPV beside one of the Big 3.

laugh.gif
at HBW trying to school someone. Boy stop.

I'm not ordering MITB. Don't plan on it. PPV's are too much for just one good match.

Originally Posted by xJumpman23x

You guys are all haters, if you hate the WWE so much.. then stop watching it and complaining about how much it sucks. As simple as that. Same with Punk, if you hate the WWE so much go head have your 2 cents, but leave we don't want you here if you don't wanna be here.

Its-Still-Real-to-Me-Dammit.jpg

So it's still real to you?

likethematrix most of us who post in this thread including me were watching wrestling during the time your describing so no offense but you dont need to explain all that too us and so call SCHOOL us on the game....and that promo is legit

Originally Posted by xJumpman23x

You guys are all haters, if you hate the WWE so much.. then stop watching it and complaining about how much it sucks. As simple as that. Same with Punk, if you hate the WWE so much go head have your 2 cents, but leave we don't want you here if you don't wanna be here.

Its-Still-Real-to-Me-Dammit.jpg

So it's still real to you?

likethematrix most of us who post in this thread including me were watching wrestling during the time your describing so no offense but you dont need to explain all that too us and so call SCHOOL us on the game....and that promo is legit

There's always one..

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

oh ive posted in the wresting threads tons of times just to bring up memories.
no one, no where is "buzzing" about this. i just happened to see it flipping channels.

i watched EVERY televised WWF and WCW event from like 92-02.

hell in the 7th grade (1997-98) i almost got expelled from the LAUSD for performing a very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyy terrible perfect-plex on this skinny kid the day after curt henning turned heel on the Wolfpac and went back to the black and white. broke his shoulder and collar bone.

youre lying if you think the "WWE" is good.

i mean where are the characters?

cats just out there wrestling as normal people with real names and lives.

the golddust-val venus feud is better than this.

There's always one..

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

oh ive posted in the wresting threads tons of times just to bring up memories.
no one, no where is "buzzing" about this. i just happened to see it flipping channels.

i watched EVERY televised WWF and WCW event from like 92-02.

hell in the 7th grade (1997-98) i almost got expelled from the LAUSD for performing a very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyy terrible perfect-plex on this skinny kid the day after curt henning turned heel on the Wolfpac and went back to the black and white. broke his shoulder and collar bone.

youre lying if you think the "WWE" is good.

i mean where are the characters?

cats just out there wrestling as normal people with real names and lives.

the golddust-val venus feud is better than this.

hell i rank Raven and Sabu's personality over CMpunk or john cena

Please, I've watched more episodes of WCW Worldwide than you probably did of Nitro. Outta here with that.

"What a mark."

Quote The Lobo nevermore.

"

Please, I've watched more episodes of WCW Worldwide than you probably did of Nitro. Outta here with that.

"What a mark."

"

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

Oh and if all this enormous build up, all of this enormous hype, ends in John Cena making Punk tap in the middle of the ring with the STF after an Attitude Adjustment and the show goes off the air... 
indifferent.gif
 ... Don't even act like this is NOT a remote possibility either.
I really want to buy MITB but the thought of this happening makes me shudder at the thought of doing so.

There's many things that have made me wanna stop watch the WWE all together, especially since 04/05, but the thought of that real possibility is one
of those last straw things. Like "really? again?"

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

Oh and if all this enormous build up, all of this enormous hype, ends in John Cena making Punk tap in the middle of the ring with the STF after an Attitude Adjustment and the show goes off the air... 
indifferent.gif
 ... Don't even act like this is NOT a remote possibility either.
I really want to buy MITB but the thought of this happening makes me shudder at the thought of doing so.

There's many things that have made me wanna stop watch the WWE all together, especially since 04/05, but the thought of that real possibility is one
of those last straw things. Like "really? again?"

I think there are a lot of people coming in who grew up watching the Attitude-era, but have no idea about the way the internet changed the way a lot of people watch/respond to wrestling, thus the obvious disconnect.
That Punk promo was legendary. I only tuned in because of the buzz that twitter had going on. I think it takes a special kind of mic-worker to shoot (or workedshoot) on a subject for that long. Amazing.

I think there are a lot of people coming in who grew up watching the Attitude-era, but have no idea about the way the internet changed the way a lot of people watch/respond to wrestling, thus the obvious disconnect.
That Punk promo was legendary. I only tuned in because of the buzz that twitter had going on. I think it takes a special kind of mic-worker to shoot (or workedshoot) on a subject for that long. Amazing.

"What a mark."

"

My man.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Me and my father use to watch that together religiously.

That and WCW Saturday Night.

"What a mark."

"

My man.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Me and my father use to watch that together religiously.

That and WCW Saturday Night.

did dude say that punks promo last night not cause buzz?

its being talked about on every wrestling forum on the 'net and wrestle radio

that promo is exactly what the wwe needed

did dude say that punks promo last night not cause buzz?

its being talked about on every wrestling forum on the 'net and wrestle radio

that promo is exactly what the wwe needed

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

grin.gif

There's always one..

i mean he said what all of us already know. this isnt cool.
like where is this story line supposed to go?

im a 90s-00s wrestling expert in a way.

this is NOT ENTERTAINING.

hence the reason why NO ONE TALKS ABOUT WRESTING ANY MORE.

idk how old u cats are, but wrestling used to be a big deal to practically everyone.

this is when no limit hit the wcw and all kinds of stars were showin the the wwf crowds or participated in the shows.

there used to be people everyone could root for.

youre a little guy? well we got the lightweight championship or the IC championship

are there even tag team belts anymore?

remember when there was a legit hardcore belt that you could get pinned anywhere for?

now, the wwe is all sex, super buffed dudes, and real life scenarios.

im not interested in seeing a man put his true feelings on tv for the world to hear.

no one is. hence why wrestling is practically dead in the eyes of the sports world.

like how are bragging about how good you are when all the results are pre decided? and everyone already knows that fact?

I saw Ric Flair wrestle Sting (back when he was colorful) for the WCW championship.

cm punk couldnt tie a bootlace compared to those guys.

they were legit actors and athletes with showmanship and a hell of a way with words.

made you wanna go buy their crap and rep it hard.

im bout to look for my old wwf magazines and school you kids on what wrestling should be.

I agree with you for the most part, but the "this isn't cool" part in regards to Punk's promo is pretty backwards, cause what Punk said and the conviction he
said it with is the same thing that Stone Cold, DX, Jeff Jarrett, Bret Hart, and most of the NWO members did. I got that same markout feeling as I did back
then, and every longtime wrestling fan --- especially ones who watched right before Attitude and during Attitude --- (besides yourself) probably feels the same
way. There's been very few markout moments for me since 2004, but I definitely appreciate them when I see the. Sure, wrestling is not at all what it used to be,
from the crowds, to the characters, the PPVs, to the actual wrestling...but when something comes up that's obvious great and intriguing, it should be appreciated.
Don't be the guy in the room that when an obviously fine bangin girl walks in, with everybody looking, you're like "I've seen better". Just appreciate obvious 
greatness, cause there's definitely not a lot to go around in today's state of wrestling.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

grin.gif

There's always one..

i mean he said what all of us already know. this isnt cool.
like where is this story line supposed to go?

im a 90s-00s wrestling expert in a way.

this is NOT ENTERTAINING.

hence the reason why NO ONE TALKS ABOUT WRESTING ANY MORE.

idk how old u cats are, but wrestling used to be a big deal to practically everyone.

this is when no limit hit the wcw and all kinds of stars were showin the the wwf crowds or participated in the shows.

there used to be people everyone could root for.

youre a little guy? well we got the lightweight championship or the IC championship

are there even tag team belts anymore?

remember when there was a legit hardcore belt that you could get pinned anywhere for?

now, the wwe is all sex, super buffed dudes, and real life scenarios.

im not interested in seeing a man put his true feelings on tv for the world to hear.

no one is. hence why wrestling is practically dead in the eyes of the sports world.

like how are bragging about how good you are when all the results are pre decided? and everyone already knows that fact?

I saw Ric Flair wrestle Sting (back when he was colorful) for the WCW championship.

cm punk couldnt tie a bootlace compared to those guys.

they were legit actors and athletes with showmanship and a hell of a way with words.

made you wanna go buy their crap and rep it hard.

im bout to look for my old wwf magazines and school you kids on what wrestling should be.

I agree with you for the most part, but the "this isn't cool" part in regards to Punk's promo is pretty backwards, cause what Punk said and the conviction he
said it with is the same thing that Stone Cold, DX, Jeff Jarrett, Bret Hart, and most of the NWO members did. I got that same markout feeling as I did back
then, and every longtime wrestling fan --- especially ones who watched right before Attitude and during Attitude --- (besides yourself) probably feels the same
way. There's been very few markout moments for me since 2004, but I definitely appreciate them when I see the. Sure, wrestling is not at all what it used to be,
from the crowds, to the characters, the PPVs, to the actual wrestling...but when something comes up that's obvious great and intriguing, it should be appreciated.
Don't be the guy in the room that when an obviously fine bangin girl walks in, with everybody looking, you're like "I've seen better". Just appreciate obvious 
greatness, cause there's definitely not a lot to go around in today's state of wrestling.

remember that time when the bushwackers were fighting the the nasty boys and they had earthquake and the bushwackers had typhoon
then they BOTH TURNED ON THEIR TEAMS and made the natural disasters?

man.... those were the days

and remember when undertaker stopped jake the snake tried to hit miss elizabeth with a chair and then him and macho man were friends and he turned from heel to babyface

man.... what the hell is this crap today?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I never knew how they formed any video of this online?

remember that time when the bushwackers were fighting the the nasty boys and they had earthquake and the bushwackers had typhoon
then they BOTH TURNED ON THEIR TEAMS and made the natural disasters?

man.... those were the days

and remember when undertaker stopped jake the snake tried to hit miss elizabeth with a chair and then him and macho man were friends and he turned from heel to babyface

man.... what the hell is this crap today?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I never knew how they formed any video of this online?

Back
Top Bottom