Wrestling Thread Jul 16-22 | 7/22 NT Money in the Bank PPV Prediction Contest Results Posted p19!

Bets on if SCSA is going to be there?

If he's not there I'm gonna be real
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

I got cena losing next week..
I have Cena losing, too. Anyone think he'll win?

Spoiler [+]
IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU THINK HE'LL WIN

gunnascott, yea, i could see dean ambrose as well interrupting aj/d bry wedding.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Bets on if SCSA is going to be there?

If he's not there I'm gonna be real
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
I'd be shocked if he wasn't there. Vince is going all out for this. 

According to F4WOnline.com, everyone backstage was pleased to see The Miz make his return to WWE at last night's Money in the Bank PPV. The feeling is that The Miz has improved his look while he was off TV shooting the Marine 3, and that he will be pushed as a top heel in the fall.

I bet majority of the kids thought Taker was going to come out when the shut the lights for the Usos to get in the ring.
One of those kids was probably Rusty.

Miz looks a lot more intimidating without that stupid hair cut and fake tan. Hopefully they make his character a bit more well rounded and get him in some good feuds.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I bet majority of the kids thought Taker was going to come out when the shut the lights for the Usos to get in the ring.
One of those kids was probably Rusty.

I was distracted at that part,so I missed the lights being shut off.
I don't want Taker back, unless it's a five-star match at Wrestlemania.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Miz looks a lot more intimidating without that stupid hair cut and fake tan. Hopefully they make his character a bit more well rounded and get him in some good feuds.

I still don't find him very intimidating.  I hope they don't try to make him a killer again like they did when he was laying people out with the Skull Crushing Finale.  I see him much better as a Jericho-type heel which is perfect timing since Jericho is a babyface again.

It's a safe bet SCSA will be there but I find it very strange that they haven't promoted his appearance. I guess enough big names are showing that they feel he can be a nice surprise.

I've heard/read feedback from many people that they feel it is a mistake to have the wedding on next week's show.  The show is already packed and it is going to probably get lost in the shuffle.  It's not going to be any type of noticeable ratings bump on a show that will already do a good rating.  After ep 1000, WWE is desperately going to need things to fill up the 3 hours each week.  Not only could the wedding have been a focus of one of those shows, but they could have easily built to the wedding for 4-6 weeks with things like wedding planning, bachelor / bachelorette parties, and other goofy segments.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I think Punk's slim chance of retaining next week hinges on when exactly Rock makes his appearance.

If Rock hasn't showed up yet by the Cena vs. Punk main event then Cena is definitely winning and Rocky will come out and confront him, planting seeds for the WWE Title match at...Wrestlemania? Rock isn't scheduled as of now to wrestle until then so we could be looking at an 8+ month Cena title reign
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Maybe WWE lets someone else hold the strap for a short while before it goes back to Cena in time for the WM match but, regardless, Cena will be in the WWE Title picture for the foreseeable future.

If Rock's appearance is out of the way before the main event (unlikely)...Punk has a better chance of walking out as champ. We wouldn't have Rock's presence looming over the outcome and I seriously doubt they'll have a Rock and Punk showdown...it's Cena/Rock or nothing. If John is the first to lose after cashing in, they will tie in what Big Show brought up at the end of the show...he had the perfect opportunity to beat a weakened Punk but chose to do it the "honorable" way. Plus we know Vince loves throwing swerves if a scenario seems too predictable.

Even if Punk wins though...I don't have him holding the belt past Summerslam so he's either losing on the 1000th episode or the inevitable happens several weeks later.
ohwell.gif

IDC if he didn't close out PPV's/RAW's...Punk had a GREAT title reign. You've heard the statistics each week from Cole. Punk also made it known he actually cared about being champion and tied it in with the whole 'best in the world' thing. I'll take that over the WWE Title closing out PPV's but being passed around like a hot potato every other month...

I think whatever happens with the match on Monday will really just be a setup for a rematch at Summerslam.
Ideally for Mania, I think Rock should be champion going in with Cena chasing him to get the belt (with Cena getting the win and title at Mania).  I doesn't make sense for Cena to be champ and Rock coming in as an outsider to challenge for the title.

As far as Punk's title reign... he has had a long reign.  However, Punk as champion been overshadowed by Cena/Kane, Cena/Rock, HHH/Taker, Cena/Lesnar, Cena/Show, Cena/Laurinaitis, and the Punk/AJ/Bryan love triangle.  I am extremely thankful it has been a long title run to help restore some stability to the title, but at the same time, the title has lost some of its value to me because it has not been a primary focus for 8+ months.

Assuming they go with Punk/Cena at SummerSlam, it will be very interesting to see if that match or HHH/Lesnar is the main event.

Raw was much better this week. Punk's finally out of the love triangle and back to business. Agree or not, Cena has been by far Punk's best rival since his face turn, they've got great chemistry together so it'll be good to see them battle next week then at Summerslam in the (inevitable) re-match.

roll.gif
@ the Bryan & AJ wedding, sure to bring the lulz, can't tell if DBry is trolling yet though, with him and Jericho we've got two ambiguous characters. Speaking of Jericho, his segment with Dolph was awesome, like you guys have said, Y2J doing his best HBK with that unsure look on his face. Just make the match happen Vince!

Rey always has been, and always will be, the man. Can get a good match out of anyone
smokin.gif

Next week's gonna be great I reckon, not sure if Rock's gonna be as involved as some of you think. I think he's gonna be a bit low-key. Brock and HHH gonna be the main focus, they'll probably go on after the damn title match
sick.gif

IMO..... John Cena will defenitley win next week, setting up the unveil of a new title belt. I noticed Big Show also mentioned to John Cena during the last segment how he (John Cena) designed the spinner belt which i thought was pretty random.

Raw next week will be epic no doubt.....then of course go back to trash/mediocre the next. Hopefully we see some angles set up for the future (SSlam,WM,etc) next week. We know Rock will be there but it will be interesting to see if Taker or Austin will be there and if they will be involved in any angles with the rumors of them maybe wrestling at WM 29. Like someone else said it's interesting Austin hasn't been promoted...IMO you can't have a Raw 1000 without Austin.

Originally Posted by USAFAnt

Raw next week will be epic no doubt.....then of course go back to trash/mediocre the next. Hopefully we see some angles set up for the future (SSlam,WM,etc) next week. We know Rock will be there but it will be interesting to see if Taker or Austin will be there and if they will be involved in any angles with the rumors of them maybe wrestling at WM 29. Like someone else said it's interesting Austin hasn't been promoted...IMO you can't have a Raw 1000 without Austin.

Vince is pushing hard for the "big summer angle" to happen next week (like Punk's promo and Nexus).  Next week's Raw will probably be the highest rated show of the year (at least hours 2/3), so it's the time to pull it off if they are going to do something.

Originally Posted by kalikid23

IMO..... John Cena will defenitley win next week, setting up the unveil of a new title belt. I noticed Big Show also mentioned to John Cena during the last segment how he (John Cena) designed the spinner belt which i thought was pretty random.

Thought I was the only one who caught that. New belt is def coming next week

I just hope Cena/Punk has a clean finish and isnt just a lead into a rematch at Summerslam. Also I dont get why everybody keeps talking about Cena/Rock 2 at WM. Am I the only one not trying to see that again? They built the first match up for a year, leave it at what it was and move on.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

I just hope Cena/Punk has a clean finish and isnt just a lead into a rematch at Summerslam. Also I dont get why everybody keeps talking about Cena/Rock 2 at WM. Am I the only one not trying to see that again? They built the first match up for a year, leave it at what it was and move on.

I agree, if they do have a CenaRock2, then what would have been the point of the whole "Once in a lifetime" thing.

I wouldn't mind a Cena/Rock II if it was @ Summerfest not at WM29

Maybe Rock will announce that he's gonna enter the Royal Rumble although it's pretty far away.

Via Lordsofpain.net

- WWE is teasing that more DX members besides Triple H and Shawn Michaels will be appearing on next week's 1,000th RAW episode. As noted before, DX will kick off next week's show. It has bee speculated for months that there will be some kind of physical angle between Brock Lesnar and Shawn Michaels.

Sounds interesting, and i wonder how this will play out with Brock.

Back
Top Bottom