Wrestling Thread Jul 16-22 | 7/22 NT Money in the Bank PPV Prediction Contest Results Posted p19!

hx1mb.gif

:rofl:

Perfect

NTWT PEEPS - Please get Avatars!!! I recognize you by your avi's. Seeing a million NT's makes it very confusing.

So pumped for RAW tomorrow!!! Just moved back to San Diego so I now have to watch the stupid west coast feed....

WWE looking like they wont allow the big angle to leak on the net, similar to nexxus debut & punk's shoot last year.

I really would like to see a new stable debut.

As the great predictionist that I am, I can't seem to figure this one out.

However, I won't let my fans down and will post my Raw 1,000 prediction between now & 7:55 pm et tomorrow.

You're welcome.

They should have The Honky Tonk Man manage Slater starting tomorrow. HTM can bring his guitar and have Slater use it as a weapon during/after matches.

New York Post sportswriter Phil Mushnick has once again taken aim at WWE and company chief Vince McMahon over the staggering number of wrestlers to have died before the age of 45. He quipped in his column Sunday, “A former WWF/WWE content man wonders if, in the upcoming 1,000th episode of Raw, Vince McMahon will present a roll call of WWF/WWE TV performers who didn’t live past 45. Or would that take too long?”

In the past, Mushnick has branded the professional wrestling industry, particularly WWE, as a “death mill.” Although the majority of the performers died after parting ways with WWE, Mushnick attributed their premature deaths to their lifestyle while under the employ of McMahon. Other media outlets have likewise provided statistics showing the high number of wrestlers who have died young from car crashes, suicide, heart failure and steroid-related health problems.

Of individuals who appeared on Raw as a wrestler, manager or referee and died before the age of 45, the list includes the following 28 names:

* Bam Bam Bigelow
* Bertha Faye
* Big Boss Man
* Brian Pillman
* “British Bulldog” Davey Boy Smith
* Chris Benoit
* Chris Duffy
* Crash Holly
* Crush
* Earthquake/Golga
* Eddie Guerrero
* Giant Gonzalez
* Joey Marella
* Johnny Grunge
* Kanyon
* Lance Cade
* Marianna/Miss Cleavage
* Mike Awesome
* Mr. Perfect
* Owen Hart
* Rad Radford
* Rick Rude
* Road Warrior Hawk
* Skip
* Test
* The Executioner (a/k/a Terry Gordy)
* Umaga/Jamal

Additionally, of individuals who competed on Raw and died between the ages of 46 and 50, the list includes the following names: “Dr. Death” Steve Williams, Ludvig Borga, Luna Vachon, Rocco Rock, Sensational Sherri and Steven Dunn.

That list is awful but have to mention that Tenta, Giant Gonzalez, and Owen dying had nothing to do with the wrestling business.

The Von Erichs, damn shame. :smh:

Out of the 6 that went into the HOF, only 1 is alive.

1 died (the father) at age 68 of brain and lung cancer.
1 died of an apparent heart attack at age 25.
3 committed suicide.

Texas Tornado tho :pimp:

Not only am I excited to see all of the legends and shenanigans tomorrow for RAW 1,000, but all of the HUGE Marks that have been tweeting about it. From the looks of it, there's already a party at the STL airport. Can't wait!

I'm pumped for tomorrow night. :nthat:

Listening to the LAW got me thinking about my most memorable Raw moments, not necessarily the best or worst but my most memorable are (Not in any order):

1.) Bret and Shawn re-uniting in Dayton. (I drove an hour in a snow and ice storm to make it to this show, then sat in traffic another hour trying to park. We got in the building as soon as Bret's music hit. Goosebumps)
2.) Nexus Angle. This was the first time we had seen something like this in years. It was complete shock and anarchy.
3.) The Higher Power Angle
4.) The whole DX/Tyson/Austin/Mchmahon angle.

Last edited:
Do yall think there is anyway in hell Vince puts Benoit in a video package(assuming there is on)?..

New York Post sportswriter Phil Mushnick has once again taken aim at WWE and company chief Vince McMahon over the staggering number of wrestlers to have died before the age of 45. He quipped in his column Sunday, “A former WWF/WWE content man wonders if, in the upcoming 1,000th episode of Raw, Vince McMahon will present a roll call of WWF/WWE TV performers who didn’t live past 45. Or would that take too long?”
In the past, Mushnick has branded the professional wrestling industry, particularly WWE, as a “death mill.” Although the majority of the performers died after parting ways with WWE, Mushnick attributed their premature deaths to their lifestyle while under the employ of McMahon. Other media outlets have likewise provided statistics showing the high number of wrestlers who have died young from car crashes, suicide, heart failure and steroid-related health problems.
Of individuals who appeared on Raw as a wrestler, manager or referee and died before the age of 45, the list includes the following 28 names:
* Bam Bam Bigelow
* Bertha Faye
* Big Boss Man
* Brian Pillman
* “British Bulldog” Davey Boy Smith
* Chris Benoit
* Chris Duffy
* Crash Holly
* Crush
* Earthquake/Golga
* Eddie Guerrero
* Giant Gonzalez
* Joey Marella
* Johnny Grunge
* Kanyon
* Lance Cade
* Marianna/Miss Cleavage
* Mike Awesome
* Mr. Perfect
* Owen Hart
* Rad Radford
* Rick Rude
* Road Warrior Hawk
* Skip
* Test
* The Executioner (a/k/a Terry Gordy)
* Umaga/Jamal
Additionally, of individuals who competed on Raw and died between the ages of 46 and 50, the list includes the following names: “Dr. Death” Steve Williams, Ludvig Borga, Luna Vachon, Rocco Rock, Sensational Sherri and Steven Dunn.

Vince.....the blood of more than half of these guys is in your hands, most of these guys became roided up druggies to keep up with the schedule and in hopes of getting a push knowing Vince only pushed muscled up Slow guys with no work rate........ :smh:

Here is a list of confirmed names for tonight's Raw

Shawn Michaels

John Layfield

Sid Vicious

Roddy Piper

The Rock

Mick Foley

Bret Hart

Brock Lesnar

Paul Heyman

Kelly Kelly

Jim Ross

Gene Okerlund

Mae Young

Steve Blackman

Alicia Webb

Sean Waltman

Sid Vicious

Diamond Dallas Page

Sgt. Slaughter

Jim Duggan

Vader

Road Warrior Animal

Slick

Billy Gunn

Bob Backlund

Road Dogg

That's just some of the list.

New Age Outlaws :D

Man I'm jelly that St. Louis got the honor to host this RAW. They BETTER be a good crowd.

Do yall think there is anyway in hell Vince puts Benoit in a video package(assuming there is on)?..
Hell no.

And I doubt there'd be a video package to begin with.

Looking at the list of confirmed people tonight, Raw 1000 could be very good or one big cluster****.

WWE should've held off the D.Bryan/AJ wedding for another Raw, maybe even next week. It's definitely going to get lost in the shuffle tonight.

Here is a list of confirmed names for tonight's Raw

Shawn Michaels

John Layfield

Sid Vicious

Roddy Piper

The Rock

Mick Foley

Bret Hart

Brock Lesnar

Paul Heyman

Kelly Kelly

Jim Ross