Wrestling Thread July 1-7 | 7/1 RAW - Finally... Payback PPV Prediction Contest Results!

20130625_LARGE_RAW_Preview_Axel_Punk_PTP_C.jpg

I took a much needed break from wrestling over the past week.  I watched Raw and listened to my podcasts, but I really didn't talk wrestling with anyone.  It was a mix of a crazy week at work, water leaking into my condo two separate nights, and friends being in town for the weekend.  But all that has passed, and I'm back now.  The only thing we know for sure tonight on Raw is we will have "The Heyman Guys" CURTIS AXEL and CM Punk vs The Primetime Players.  Sorry if I can't get too excited for that one.  I do not know if Brock Lesnar will be in attendance tonight.

We'll have much more of the McMahon Family Drama that seems to be leading nowhere.

The Money in the Bank PPV is two weeks away.  We know the top five matches for the show.  They haven't done much to build the MITB Matches themselves, so hopefully something is done about that tonight.

NTWT WWE Payback PPV Prediction Contest Results!

I do apologize for the delay with these.  I had every intention to have these ready last week, but too many things came up.
  • 69 entrants
  • 500 total possible points
  • 258 average score
  • 64% correctly predicted 7 PPV matches.
  • Only 3% correctly predicted 3 title changes.
  • 9% correctly predicted Alberto Del Rio defeating Dolph Ziggler.
  • 58% correctly predicted CM Punk defeating Chris Jericho. 29% predicted a No Contest/Other finish.  81% correctly predicted that Punk and Heyman would not break up on the PPV.
  • 33% correctly predicted Ryback would win the Lumberjack Match.
  • 32% correctly predicted John Cena would win the Tables Match.
  • 93% correctly predicted John Cena would win the Ambulance Match.
  • 26% (majority) correctly predicted the match would last between 20:01-25:00 minutes (24:50 minutes).
Congratulations to our winner, RFX45, who hit an impressive 80% with a score of 400 points.  jmal519 was right behind him with a score of 395.

In the overall standing, toine2983 remains at the top of the pack, but both jmal519 and RFX45 gained significant ground with their strong performances.  Overall standings are available through the link in my signature.

The Money in the Bank PPV Prediction Contest will open on Thursday, July 11.

evv3.jpg
pt9q.jpg

Damn.

Thought I did better on the Payback prediction contest.

Vickie Guerrero on Twitter is teasing Cena vs Del Rio in a Champion vs Champion Match tonight on Raw.

Vickie Guerrero on Twitter is teasing Cena vs Del Rio in a Champion vs Champion Match tonight on Raw.
they'll go for 5-10 min then dolph attacks del rio, they fight to the back then henry attacks cena to close the show

Hardy was on fire then man.  
mean.gif
not really. this was around the time Hardy kept complaining about being burnt out if I recall, and had some heat backstage. (remember that whole deal where the Hardys refused to do a love triangle angle with Lita?)

Hardy around that time, all I can think about is his awesome feud with Taker, then Rico yelling "Cot dammit Jeff, WHERE ARE YOU!?!?" as Jeff Hardy misses his cue during that tables match :lol:

Not mad at the contest, I needed that after taking Brogue Kicks the past 2 contests.

Remember how we we're talking about marks last week? And how we always touch on DA MELTZ, match ratings, etc, etc?

I forgot that that good ol' Scotty Steiner touched on this when the original MEM was around.

Weird, not embedding.

Last edited:
I thought I did wayyyy worse than I did in the contest.

I'm still excited to be going to MITB in less than 2 weeks.

I still need sign ideas since I'll be on the floor, in view of the camera.... :nerd:

New to the thread but been a lifelong wrestling fan.
Can someone explain to a noob how the prediction contest works?

Thanks

#RomanReigns

I thought I did wayyyy worse than I did in the contest.

I'm still excited to be going to MITB in less than 2 weeks.

I still need sign ideas since I'll be on the floor, in view of the camera.... :nerd:

"My Body Is Ready"

not really. this was around the time Hardy kept complaining about being burnt out if I recall, and had some heat backstage. (remember that whole deal where the Hardys refused to do a love triangle angle with Lita?)
Nope, wrestling wise dude was that dude. Had good matches with errrbody. The sign of his demotion was the stuff with Trish

Back
Top Bottom