Wrestling Thread July 1-7 | 7/1 RAW - Finally... Payback PPV Prediction Contest Results!

can sting still even go in the ring? or is he like watching ric flair a couple of years ago where you cringe every time he goes up in the air on a back body drop? i dont watch tna.

Last edited:
All of you are straight up lying, you know you will mark the hell out to see sting appear on raw and staredown Undertaker.

4wrestling will be the first to post the :wow: and be watching his match just like the rest of the world.

IWC sometimes. Bret Hart is overrated and no one wants to see Sting appear on Raw :lol:

Nah man, Sting is 54 years old and wrestles in a t shirt. It will be a joke if he wrestled Taker at WM.

I'm not gonna sit here and front like Sting can't put on a decent match. Because he's STILL better than some of the rookies in the WWE right now.

But the fact is he looks sloppy and it kills part of my childhood everytime I see him on TV because I know what he used to be.

I understand how people, especially athletes, are passionate and don't wanna hang up the cleats, boots.....

But it just kills your legacy as a performer to wrestle this far past your prime.

Sting right now is Jordan if he was cut by the Wizards in 03 and spent the last 10 years in the D-League.

I'm not gonna sit here and front like Sting can't put on a decent match. Because he's STILL better than some of the rookies in the WWE right now.

But the fact is he looks sloppy and it kills part of my childhood everytime I see him on TV because I know what he used to be.

I understand how people, especially athletes, are passionate and don't wanna hang up the cleats, boots.....

But it just kills your legacy as a performer to wrestle this far past your prime.

Sting right now is Jordan if he was cut by the Wizards in 03 and spent the last 10 years in the D-League.

:lol:

Just one match thats all we need.

I dig what everyone is saying, but I call ******** that its wouldn't be monumental if he came to WWE for one match. Just bring him back in the right city and he's good. One match just for the epic moment. Remember Rock/Hogan? It be on that level. That wasn't a technical marvel its just about selling the story.

I know for the fact some you say this now, but when he does come and makes the grand debut/match people will rave about it.

Last edited:

I dig what everyone is saying, but I call ******** that its wouldn't be monumental if he came to WWE for one match. Just bring him back in the right city and he's good. One match just for the epic moment. Remember Rock/Hogan? It be on that level. That wasn't a technical marvel its just about selling the story.

I know for the fact some you say this now, but when he does come and makes the grand debut/match people will rave about it.

Atlanta...

Atlanta...

I may be wrong but I think the last couple times they went to Atlanta the crowd just wasn't what it used to be. :\

The Atlanta crowd ain't ishh no more.

You would have to go to a city known for "Smart Marks" to fully appreciate the fact that Sting is FINALLY in a WWE ring.

I'm thinking New York in the Garden or something along those lines.

But vs who?

People have been talking about Taker but that one just doesn't make sense to me.

laugh.gif

I sometimes troll everyone's love of Sting, but you are out of your damn mind if you think a Sting match in WWE would be anything near Rock and Hogan.

I sometimes troll everyone's love of Sting, but you are out of your damn mind if you think a Sting match in WWE would be anything near Rock and Hogan.

Sting vs Taker would be. Not Sting vs Punk, Not Sting vs Cena it would have to be Taker. It would be have to be WM or on the big PPVs and like Grizz said it need to be in NY or Chicago a city that always goes hard in the paint. Hell whens the last time they were in Toronto for a PPV? 06?

It would be a huge event whenever Sting wrestles at a PPV

In retrospect, Rock hogan and not SCSA HOGAN was the right move at wm 18.

Name a match with a hotter crowd.

I'd pay any amount of money my wife would let me get away with to see Sting, live, at WM..Give the man a Legends contract, have him start a beef with Taker, give it a 2 month build, co-main event WM, have Taker go over Sting, UT retires, Sting has 3 or 4 more matches, Sting retires, UT and Sting go into the HOF before the following years Mania..BAM, book it!!!

A little off topic but I was just randomly watching some old videos and wanted to get some opinions here...

Who do you feel had the best looking dropkick?

I liked mr perfect's standing drop kick
But I feel like hardcore holly and bad *** billy gunn never had a bad drop kick..

A little off topic but I was just randomly watching some old videos and wanted to get some opinions here...

But I feel like hardcore holly and bad *** billy gunn never had a bad drop kick..

Hulk hogan ?

In retrospect, Rock hogan and not SCSA HOGAN was the right move at wm 18.

Name a match with a hotter crowd.

Well Austin/Hogan would have been just as hot at WMX8

Another thing about Sting. Was Sting vs. Taker always the dream match for him and why? Just because the crow gimmick had a similar look to takers? I always thought Sting/HBK would be the dream match since they were the lifers in their respective companies and were pretty athletic heavyweights in their prime.

Well Austin/Hogan would have been just as hot at WMX8

Another thing about Sting. Was Sting vs. Taker always the dream match for him and why? Just because the crow gimmick had a similar look to takers? I always thought Sting/HBK would be the dream match since they were the lifers in their respective companies and were pretty athletic heavyweights in their prime.

You can say the same for taker/sting being lifers. Its their gimmicks but really its taker became this god with WM streak and Sting being the best never to step in the WWE it just seems like the only fitting Taker add him to the list. Sting is the last of the dinosaurs

In WWE? Holly and Orton, I think.

Natty and Tyson :pimp:....guess this means one of them is on the clock to get released.

And if Sting got in great shape and wanted a match with Taker, I'd be down. As long as it's A match with Taker

Last edited:
Sting vs Taker would be. Not Sting vs Punk, Not Sting vs Cena it would have to be Taker. It would be have to be WM or on the big PPVs and like Grizz said it need to be in NY or Chicago a city that always goes hard in the paint. Hell whens the last time they were in Toronto for a PPV? 06?

not at all. Sting is one of the most overated wrestlers of all time. Dude is basic as hell. Name one top Sting promo. name a top match of his WITHOUT FLAIR.

not at all. Sting is one of the most overated wrestlers of all time. Dude is basic as hell. Name one top Sting promo. name a top match of his WITHOUT FLAIR.

Well, the Crow gimmick really didn't allow him for much mic time. And, arguably, it was his most popular gimmick.

Sting/Luger vs Steiners @ SB1. Sting/Angle BFG. Sting/Styles BFG.

Shoot, I would argue Sting/Double J BFG & Sting/Vader (SB3? GAB92?), too. (But obvious bias is obvious)

Sting was and will forever be garbage on the mic. The best thing about sting in my eyes was that he was "cool". Surfer Sting was like Superman in my eyes. And who didn't dig brooding Crow Sting?

I won't crap on his legacy just because he ain't worth **** now.

Angle vs Sting 07
Regal vs Sting 96
Muta vs Sting 89.

Three decades . Three great matches.

That says something.

Last edited:
Sting was and will forever be garbage on the mic. The best thing about sting in my eyes was that he was "cool". Surfer Sting was like Superman in my eyes. And who didn't dig brooding Crow Sting?

I won't crap on his legacy just because he ain't worth **** now.

Regal vs Sting 96

1 decade. Decent great match.

That says something.
the look is cool, but the gimmick could have worked for tons of characters

Back
Top Bottom